HHN Drink Changes | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN Drink Changes

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Those slushies were amazing. I had them all last weekend and they really do taste like their respective flavors. And I asked last weekends, they are all now non alcoholic.

Those slushies were amazing. I had them all last weekend and they really do taste like their respective flavors. And I asked last weekends, they are all now non alcoholic.
Sad. They could make so much money by putting in a low ABV (similar to wine) and have that much more variety.

Reactions: MattA
So, real question - who runs the drink booths at HHN?

Epcot's food and wine booths are run by Patina Group. The restaurant people behind many Disney 3rd party restaurants, and even on a smaller level "putting booze in coffee" in for all the Food/Wine seasonal coffee drinks is at the discretion and choice of Jeoffreys. Epcot oversees it all, but lets them hash out all the details and make sure it stays legal and works.

Maybe that's why Universal went wrong with HHN's offerings? Trying to do it themselves?

Reactions: Joel
I assume the lines for alcoholic drinks can be long and that is why some might want to load up. :saywhat:
Yeah there's really two aspects. They don't want someone buying multiple drinks and binging. They can decide if someone should be cut off one drink at a time. Also and I think this is the bigger part, they don't want someone buying drinks for their group and then distributing them to members of their group under 21.

Reactions: SeventyOne
So I am a little confused at the timing. Was the change in the drink policy a direct knee jerk reaction to the Sentinel article?

As someone who usually only enjoys one or maybe two drinks at HHN (we are DVC members and need to drive back to the mouse house so we tend to pregame lightly and then use the night to completely sober up for the trip back) I am getting really tired of jerks ruining it for those who know how to behave. I really night have liked to try one of those slushies, a nice way to cool off on what looks to be hot nights when we are there next weekend.

So I am a little confused at the timing. Was the change in the drink policy a direct knee jerk reaction to the Sentinel article?

As someone who usually only enjoys one or maybe two drinks at HHN (we are DVC members and need to drive back to the mouse house so we tend to pregame lightly and then use the night to completely sober up for the trip back) I am getting really tired of jerks ruining it for those who know how to behave. I really night have liked to try one of those slushies, a nice way to cool off on what looks to be hot nights when we are there next weekend.

The change occurred before the article.

Is it possible that they got word of the article before it was published? Or would they have slapped it down if that was the case?
I guess if you really want to go a conspiracy route, we could speculate that Universal wanted to deflect some of the blame for the drink changes and asked them to write it to give them "something to respond to". Just to be clear I don't believe that, just an interesting thought.