Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN Drink Changes

Strongbow is the sweetest I can go, anything other than an apple cider tends to be super sweet and too much for me. Magners is really good but not easily found over here, usually Crown carries a few 6 packs every once in a while.
From a cider expert "To my knowledge Strongbow is on tap at Finnegans, Hogs Head, Leaky and perhaps Hopping Pot (not 100% on Hopping Pot). NBC also always do some kind of special cider or two on tap. I think other restaurants have Angry Orchard but that's in bottles."

Strongbow is the sweetest I can go, anything other than an apple cider tends to be super sweet and too much for me. Magners is really good but not easily found over here, usually Crown carries a few 6 packs every once in a while.

Nope. Everything's the same from Opening Weekend. May a couple more carts to buy beer & soda.

I believe Cider is available at certain areas. Either Angry Orchard or Strongbow. Will pay more attention Wednesday.

Most carts offer Angry Orchard 16 oz cans.

From a cider expert "To my knowledge Strongbow is on tap at Finnegans, Hogs Head, Leaky and perhaps Hopping Pot (not 100% on Hopping Pot). NBC also always do some kind of special cider or two on tap. I think other restaurants have Angry Orchard but that's in bottles."

I just know from regular days in the park that my wife does not like Angry Orchard nor cans, so our typical day includes a stop at Hog's Head or Finns as she enjoys Strongbow on tap.

During some trip, we realized that drink time can be rather early sometimes, so we learned of things like pear cider, fire whisky...but I believe she tried one tent and at no time did she want to swing by Finns this year.

Far more tame this year than I've seen it in the past. Pretty happy about that!

I know that anecdotes <> evidence, but last week while in line for Hive there was a group of 5 people behind us in EP line. 2 couldn't stand and kept falling over, frequently into us. My wife and I both said something out loud to them, sometimes within earshot of a TM. They were laughing about how much pregaming they'd done with everclear. Now mind this is still early in the night, like around 7ish. At one point, I ducked out of line to "tie my shoes" and let them get a few people ahead of us so they wouldn't ruin our run through the house.

TBF, I think they were removed at the end of the house. I didn't see if they had done anything while in the house (fallen over, touched something, etc.) but at the end, a TM kinda stepped in front of a few people in front of us and pulled the black curtain aside as if to hide something, and I didn't see them on the long walk back to the house entrance.

I know that anecdotes <> evidence, but last week while in line for Hive there was a group of 5 people behind us in EP line. 2 couldn't stand and kept falling over, frequently into us. My wife and I both said something out loud to them, sometimes within earshot of a TM. They were laughing about how much pregaming they'd done with everclear. Now mind this is still early in the night, like around 7ish. At one point, I ducked out of line to "tie my shoes" and let them get a few people ahead of us so they wouldn't ruin our run through the house.

TBF, I think they were removed at the end of the house. I didn't see if they had done anything while in the house (fallen over, touched something, etc.) but at the end, a TM kinda stepped in front of a few people in front of us and pulled the black curtain aside as if to hide something, and I didn't see them on the long walk back to the house entrance.

And that’s how that’s supposed to be handled.

And that’s how that’s supposed to be handled.

I would've reported them before the house, reduces the possibility of something happening in the house to the scare actors or the house itself. I hate being that guy, but it's people like that who cause all the issues.

Wait, you posted this same story last week.... :huh:

Is the black curtain new this year? I only had it happen once this year, we were towards the end of the Shining and I started to wonder if we somehow took a wrong turn in the hedge maze as there was no exit our 2nd time in the house...then the curtain reopened and we left.

I've just never seen it, I assumed it was for cast change or something, but maybe it is to deal with guest...

I noticed a lot less this year than last year when I was there the second weekend. I will say though, that 100% of the time that I was in line for The Shining, there was a group of drunk jerks screaming in the queue. 2-3 times it was completely unbearable.

Wait, you posted this same story last week.... :huh:

Dang. did I? Apologies. Pls remove the post.

I thought I'd posted it but when I went to this thread in a different browser, the comments field had this in there as if it was saving a draft/unposted comment.

Now that I’m a grumpy old man (27) I selfishly wish that HHN were an 18+ or 21+ event. After all of the talk in here about drunken belligerent guests, the only problems I’ve run into this year come from the high school youngins - fist fighting, arrests, and line cutting. I get that it’s probably their first time away from mommy after dark, but man... kids these days :look:

Now that I’m a grumpy old man (27) I selfishly wish that HHN were an 18+ or 21+ event. After all of the talk in here about drunken belligerent guests, the only problems I’ve run into this year come from the high school youngins - fist fighting, arrests, and line cutting. I get that it’s probably their first time away from mommy after dark, but man... kids these days :look:
It used to be a lot worse...Luckily the price hikes have priced most of them out

HOS on the other hand, is being overrun

One of the problems with alcohol is that the event is tied to it so much. Remove the alcohol and everyone pregames in hotel rooms, CityWalk, the parking garage, and tries to sneak alcohol into the event.

It gets to a point where offering alcohol is safer than making it dry.

Priced who out? The parents buying their tickets online, shuttling them to Universal in their mom vans, and slipping them cash in case they get hungry? lol. The point is that if they're going to place overarching blame and restrict responsible (paying) adults then they ought to take a look at who they're inviting to the event in the first place, just saying.

Priced who out? The parents buying their tickets online, shuttling them to Universal in their mom vans, and slipping them cash in case they get hungry? lol. The point is that if they're going to place overarching blame and restrict responsible (paying) adults then they ought to take a look at who they're inviting to the event in the first place, just saying.

Make the event rated R: no one alone under 18.

It’s more and more becoming an event for kids as well. I don’t see them restricting under 18. While I agree restricting those under 18 to be with their parents or a gaurdian would be smart it gives the impression the event isn’t appropriate for them. I don’t like it either, but HHN becoming a more family friendly event seems to be the future.