HHN Hollywood 2018 Construction Thread | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN Hollywood 2018 Construction Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Work hasn't begun yet, but its kind of amusingly lazy that they don't even bother to take this down anymore after the event the past few years
FaPlgLd.jpg

All 3 tents are up in the metro sets complete with walls for the mazes. unfortunately, we didn't pass the mazes while on the tour so this was the best i could do earlier today...
1Y13lsv.jpg

gFC6XKO.jpg

Alright here is an update from today... Only a minor update until we can get a tram to circle the metro sets...

Parisian Courtyard facade is looking nearly complete
tXxkzQo.jpg

Waterworld queue has begun its prep for the maze to go vertical soon
Z606PUN.jpg

V5k0rmW.jpg

(Taken from guest view when entering Waterworld)

Trick r Treat is progressing
TwuvnEj.jpg

Tkz8thL.jpg

From Dusk Till Dawn is looking pretty far along for NOT being announced yet
k7E78K9.jpg

BJTJNmd.jpg

IZ6b486.jpg

...oh look, set pieces for Holidayz in Hell (hahaha jk.. couldn't resist)
wrWwxlQ.jpg

might try to get more pics on wednesday since I'm off work...

Based on my "experience" working on haunted houses that is not the facade. They never did any framing for it.

And if they did...Why would it be double paneled?
Well, to be fair, the facade for the past 2 mazes has been on THAT side of the tent. The only time the facade was on the opposite side was "FDTD" when the tent was further back.

As for them using the double panel? well for AHS, it was a giant rectangular box with the flat character cutouts on top. IF we're not getting AHS again, we don't know exactly what to expect from this maze facade. Also, look at Blumhouse last year...
c9oL4Py.jpg

Who's to say they still haven't begun doing the framing for the facade? That piece of wood could just be the backing... just a thought

Reactions: Joey
You usually complete framing before you even start laying one panel down.

That's a really small facade if that's it.

OH and AHS was made from metal rig framing, not your average 2x4s

EDIT: It just seems very suspicious to me. It could very well be facade

EDIT: That all sounded really passive aggressive and that was not my intent

Reactions: Joey and Wesker69
You usually complete framing before you even start laying one panel down.

That's a really small facade if that's it.

OH and AHS was made from metal rig framing, not your average 2x4s

EDIT: It just seems very suspicious to me. It could very well be facade

EDIT: That all sounded really passive aggressive and that was not my intent

Could it be one of those mini-facades, like the "Welcome to Silent Hill" sign?

I was hoping to get a better look but the damn trees blocked my view... we either have to hope the trams pass those mazes soon OR that particular maze gets announced. Unfortunately (or fortunately) our next maze to be announced next (month) will be Parisian Courtyard since that facade will give it away soon

From Parks and Cons,

Look closely at panels to the left over at TrT, the one's with the windows. Comparison with Mr. Kreeg's house:
latest

Looks like the finale is gonna be Mr. Kreeg's house and Sam, just like the movie. Could be pretty sweet, although I'd be lying if I didn't say I was hoping for something Halloween 2 esque.

Reactions: horrornights789
Look closely at panels to the left over at TrT, the one's with the windows. Comparison with Mr. Kreeg's house:
latest

Looks like the finale is gonna be Mr. Kreeg's house and Sam, just like the movie. Could be pretty sweet, although I'd be lying if I didn't say I was hoping for something Halloween 2 esque.

To add onto this, I think we’ll enter from the Ghost-house as the facade. This maze is gonna be beautiful if they limit the black walls

As for PC, I really can’t tell if it’s a scaled HoH facade or a movie theater.

I was wrong, @Wesker69 was right! That is indeed the facade. It is a mix of steel framing and plywood
Can I get that first part printed & framed :love::lmao:

since the only thing else done to the Parisian Courtyard facade was that last piece of wood for the curved top. I'm kinda glad I didn't go up to the park today. But I'll try to go up there early on sunday to do another full update.

Reactions: ush.hacker