Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN Hollywood 2018 Construction Thread

TRICK 'R TREAT (Scare Zone)
IMG_20180907_220953_417.jpg
IMG_20180907_221027_095.jpg
IMG_20180907_220133_914.jpg
MONSTER MASQUERADE (Scare Zone):
IMG_20180907_220152_968.jpg
IMG_20180907_220154_512.jpg
IMG_20180907_220157_645.jpg
IMG_20180907_220159_027.jpg
IMG_20180907_220201_529.jpg
TERROR TRAM: HOLLYWOOD HARRY'S DREADTIME STORIEZ:
IMG_20180907_221459_889.jpg
IMG_20180907_221501_372.jpg
IMG_20180907_221504_348.jpg
IMG_20180907_221510_865.jpg
IMG_20180907_221515_135.jpg
IMG_20180907_221521_446.jpg
IMG_20180907_221700_723.jpg
UNIVERSAL MONSTERS:
IMG_20180907_221648_677.jpg
THE FIRST PURGE:
IMG_20180907_221741_624.jpg
IMG_20180907_221743_012.jpg
THE HORRORS OF BLUMHOUSE CHAPTER TWO:
IMG_20180907_221745_379.jpg

IMG_20180907_221748_320.jpg
HUGE Massive thanks to my good friend @ThemeParkAccess for all these photos he took today. 1 week till Opening Night.

I can't wait then for the leprechaun to be canceled then after he offends a group of millennial's.
He's actually a friend of mine.. so I'll tell him to behave & try NOT to channel his inner Warwick Davis

Harvest was always going to be weird, but I think you all will be satisfied with the result. It's definitely different.
All I wanted was pumpkins, scarecrows, cobwebs, spiders, and spooky s**t... sooo eh.. i'm good.

yeah but how would they incorporate a farm into a theme park
Um... have you seen other haunt events? Hell, Orlando has done it a few times now- "Field of Screams" (2004), "Harvest of the Souls" (2006), "Twisted Traditions" (2018)... probably forgetting one. But yea. Cornstalks, hay, pumpkins... some haunts have a redneck barn/farm themed maze ("Knotts")

I'm finally off work this weekend (next 3 days actually), so I'm going to head up to the park tomorrow morning and do a full update...

That's pretty gutsy for Hollywood to put up. Give it two weeks and it'll be gone.
Really? How is that gutsy? Did you not notice the crucified skeleton/stick people? There is nothing gutsy or "OMG I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY DID THAT!" in regards to the goat. That figure more or less straight up represents one of the many physical embodiments of Samhain (Orlando had him as a shirtless scareactor in 2008- Fractured Tales scarezone & in the finale of The Hallow). It is traditional Halloween at its core. And its not like its doing a demonic children sacrificing ritual.. Besides, this is the same event that had a "Welcome to Hell" entrance scarezone in 2009 complete with "nude" blood-covered sinful go-go dancers.. :love:

Anyway, here's my construction update from Saturday. Its not the greatest & the studio tour bypassed the metro sets entirely. Meh...
WZKpRDe.jpg

HELL'S HARVEST (scarezone)
ApFW5gy.jpg
AjQmroa.jpg

^instead of go-go dancers, we get "Disco Pumpkinhead & Darth Hellhound"

1Fu3fHB.jpg

XivO7Oz.jpg

DUJdWSq.jpg

jtk3Ft4.jpg

HALLOWEEN 4
9O158Mj.jpg

I8vDwRt.jpg

hUHJhzz.jpg

Trick R Treat (scarezone)
whI1zRs.jpg

PEP3OEe.jpg

EfCPuPu.jpg

90CqIpc.jpg

rOc4xTh.jpg
JMdwQhd.jpg

kfSkb6c.jpg

VB10Ng2.jpg

^It is so great having this back, however.... it looks so awkward being naked... It really needs to be themed. With the left side being so empty & lacking any of the flame shooters, they should make that half look like a spooky dead tree... As for the other side? do another dead tree, but without the branches stretching across due to the flame shooters being on that side. Themeing goes a long way.

Part 2.....

Universal Monsters: Music By Slash
9qKynX1.jpg

fFjdggU.jpg

M535yOj.jpg
UlHRPAc.jpg

First we've got an excessive amount of black wall action with the castle facade... Then this underwhelming maze exit. They REALLY should've had castle exterior walls for this exit to connect to this archway. This looks so bad & budget cut. :chainsaw:

Monster Masquerade (scarezone)
OS0p1yh.jpg

W2NIMxN.jpg

XG4yTNr.jpg

61teV6p.jpg

lvmn1NB.jpg

HE6wPHn.jpg

^speaking of budget cuts... welcome back 2016 Purge Election Year scarezone skeletons. Absolutely HATE these dioramas.

Lower Lot mazes
uTprt9W.jpg
jXrlEzw.jpg

1XCmKEt.jpg

^They've started putting up divider walls for the queue..

Holidayz in Hell (scarezone)
k0PxzRM.jpg

^I wish they would utilize this huge blank wall.... it would be great to see a huge banner that says "Holidayz in Hell"... its so plain..

Last edited:
part 3...

Hollywood Harry's Dreadtime Storiez (Terror Tram)
VwYsBxt.jpg

IJy1qAl.jpg

SlYYu3h.jpg

^another year of no effort made to utilize this set in some way... sigh.. Its as bad as them cutting it from Grinchmas!

2NbH94U.jpg

g9ZNNAN.jpg

^Its like they don't even try anymore at this point... Also, cutting it close like always. same crap, different year...

qu2uKlH.jpg

pXXHNf0.jpg

dWYmQUb.jpg
ov5S5GP.jpg

Akevfz9.jpg

fupTveE.jpg

Mq9oDVG.jpg

SOAh4Wa.jpg

Okay... so that wraps up this past saturday's "meh" update... will be at the park early monday (this morning) for a quick round of pics...

The name's more clever now, HotY! /s

EDIT: one more thing: if the only movies represented are Unfriended and ToD, why are there three poster spots on the facade? Is the third one the original horror ending?

I think the two to the left are Unfriended and Unfriended: Dark Web with the one to the right being ToD.

I think the two to the left are Unfriended and Unfriended: Dark Web with the one to the right being ToD.
Unfriended: Dark Web is confirmed to be not in the maze.

I'm thinking that the two on the left are Truth or Dare and Unfriended while the one on the right is a Blumhouse poster (maybe a custom film festival sign or just straight up the Horrors of Blumhouse promo art without the posters).

Unfriended: Dark Web is confirmed to be not in the maze.

I'm thinking that the two on the left are Truth or Dare and Unfriended while the one on the right is a Blumhouse poster (maybe a custom film festival sign or just straight up the Horrors of Blumhouse promo art without the posters).

My guess is it it'll be a poster of the Blumhouse logo with the creepy girl on it, setting up the eventual encounter/plot.

Here is a small update from way earlier today.... just been too lazy to post the pics :eek:ut:

9SwlNWN.jpg

crZSFUP.jpg

7xaN1GL.jpg

NfQ136W.jpg

oZZfB99.jpg

UNIVERSAL MONSTERS: Music By Slash
VERC0fx.jpg

q97YiFA.jpg

83oeX2e.jpg

cZE5zsW.jpg

Monster Masquerade (scarezone)
jnIfVU3.jpg

^I just really like that gargoyle statue... imagine two of these on the arches

Holidayz in Hell (scarezone)
1sKUyyX.jpg

DujUlj3.jpg

^Employee Preview on wednesday.... and so many props that still need to be put in place.. Yikes.

Hollywood Harry's Dreadtime Storiez (Terror Tram)
CcgbOqM.jpg

aY82FaU.jpg

7sVo09p.jpg

J75IOGk.jpg

X7Ltp9L.jpg

YQxGnXZ.jpg

^They were relocating & repositioning the clown mannequins

Z7Pqxzj.jpg

wkPXiG0.jpg

^Employee Preview is wednesday and they're STILL not ready yet. Definitely a very lackluster terror tram.. again. Typical Hollywood Harry..

Here's the main archway from last night

wbOyyZU.jpg

gm5PP8F.jpg

FUN FACT: They wanted to give the archway the fully themed treatment with the vines, BUT the higher ups said no due to budget & whatnot

Last edited:
I would honestly even take projection mapping over no scenery at all.
They already technically project lighting onto the arches already, so no reason they couldn't make the minimal extra effort. But i'm sure they'd use "budget" as an excuse for not doing it.

Here is a very brief construction update from wednesday before Employee Preview
fWL4IhY.jpg

pASZSB8.jpg

5GglFWL.jpg

HELL'S HARVEST (scarezone)
DUJdWSq.jpg

jtk3Ft4.jpg
^sooooooo.... these two particular pieces of set decor were removed as of wednesday. This is what is now in Hell's Harvest next to the Studio Store

4YOqeWa.jpg

gPoqp2s.jpg

VYUUpUf.jpg

^As I said before, the designated "school bus massacre photo-op" would be mannequins. I was hoping for a "group photo-op", but the kids & Sam on the bus works too.

UNIVERSAL MONSTERS
tYaTZdT.jpg

e2Srxzu.jpg

Bill & Ted .....oh..
PWasZBA.jpg
Be7DfoG.jpg

I just think it's hilarious it didn't even make it until opening weekend. Someone must've complained before the event even started. It's like the rated R movie you hear having to go to the MPAA several times to cut back it's NC-17 rating. I want the Unrated version of Horror Nights, dang it!!!