HHN Hollywood General Discussion - 2017 | Page 157 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN Hollywood General Discussion - 2017

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
My go to "hacker" strategy was lower lot, backlot, eat, tram, uppercut. "Works every time 60% of the time" People tend follow the crowds and the first two mazes to fill up will be the one closest to the entrance and the one furthest. It's just how the crowd usually flows. Thats the best way I could shortly summarize it without doing a very detailed essay on how to make your way around the park and while still taking in all of the beauties of USH/HHN.

Unless...:popcorn:

EDIT: This is a little off topic but how epic would a 3D Ghostbusters maze be?

Last edited:
While I'm underwhelmed, Sinister could be very cool. I'm hoping they'll find a way to project the films, as they were an integral part of the movie.

Just curious, since there seem to be so many horror/haunted house fans here... is there any other thread here dedicated to other, independent SoCal haunts, so we can chat and share experiences with other mazes? Could one be created? Or is there another board on another site that would be better suited to that sort of discussion?

I was mostly curious about Into The Black in Pomona. In past years, I've done Delusion, Creep, Alone, Reign of Terror, Sinister Pointe, Haunted Hayride, and Ghost Train. And Knott's, SFMM, and Dark Harbor haunts, of course.

Anybody follow the conversation about Jeepers Creepers?

I'm guessing basically John is gonna avoid IP's that have controversies surrounding them, specifically people involved with them in crew. I mean, considering how hypersensitive people get when they see "offensive" material everywhere, now including haunts, I can see why Murdy would not want to be associated with the director. It's a shame, considering that trilogy has the potential for a maze, but it makes you wonder what other IP's has he not done because of potential backlash people would use because of who was associated with the film, tv show, etc. I just think it's sad that Jeepers Creepers has the ugly stigma of what the director did. Obviously if people wanted a Clown House maze, I could totally see why that's a huge NO.

Last edited:
Reactions: ush.hacker
Yea, there was supposed to be a double-feature of "Jeepers Creepers" at the Chinese Theatre 6-Plex,.... it would've been the 1st film & the premiere/first ever screening of "Jeepers Creepers 3"! Cast from ALL films would've been present for a Q&A... including Gina Philips and the Creeper himself, Jonathon Breck. Would've even been able to get pics/autographs with the cast. The double-feature event was sold out...

UNFORTUNATELY, we can't have nice things. Due to complaints & people threatening to protest everyday & the day of the event in regards to showing the film(s) because of the director, they had to cancel event & issue refunds. Of course, the Chinese Theatre released a statement about tarneshing their "oh so precious image" being a reason for canceling the event.

Just like MacMillian said if people really wanted a Clown House maze I would understand Murdy or hell, anyone putting their foot down. Jeepers Creepers, not so much but I understand why it's still not that great of an idea even if there were no disturbing scandals behind the scenes (at least to our knowledge...). I feel like Get Out was booted out too because of recent social events although that's a bit of a stretch as Murdy himself said that it was hard to translate social commentary to a maze.

Just curious, since there seem to be so many horror/haunted house fans here... is there any other thread here dedicated to other, independent SoCal haunts, so we can chat and share experiences with other mazes? Could one be created? Or is there another board on another site that would be better suited to that sort of discussion?

I was mostly curious about Into The Black in Pomona. In past years, I've done Delusion, Creep, Alone, Reign of Terror, Sinister Pointe, Haunted Hayride, and Ghost Train. And Knott's, SFMM, and Dark Harbor haunts, of course.

Theme Park Adventure has a guide for SoCal haunts. I recommend using them for finding out the many different options for haunts.