HHN Hollywood General Discussion - 2017 | Page 155 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN Hollywood General Discussion - 2017

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Horror Nights needs to start choosing its IPs more carefully & ALWAYS have a backup plan. Insidious should've been scrapped & replaced as soon as it was announced that the 4th movie was being delayed until January.

Blumhouse sounded like a bad idea from the start. I'll be surprised to see how this gets executed & if it is good. They're trying to pull an "All Nite Die-In"/"Silver Screams" & in theory it should've been an easy task all being the same studio.

This is why Orlando was smart to do originals that were inspired-by, loosely based upon, rip-offs of certain IPs over the years. There is a lot less red tape to go through & less chance of delays.

Was El Cucuy the latest announcement or was it something else? I don't think we'll get anything else this week.

Murdy seemed to hint something else may be announced by the end of the week; but take that for what you will.

To say this part of a post I have from Orlando's thread,

I wouldn't be surprised that they are just going through to lock certain IPs right now to ensure no legal issues occur (like how TiTE was for Hollywood in development).

The fallout of The Conjuring, Insidious, and Blumhouse apparently having internal problems is most likely causing issues for Hollywood. And that, I have to think they are already in talks with a few particular parties on bringing in things for Hollywood of HHN2018.

It is at this point to where the speculation thread has lost its purpose and has turned into a pointless banter thread for HHN.

I mean, what is the point of this now? We already know the last house is TBA and everything else has been released. The last announcement can't come soon enough so we can put this thread out of its misery.

It is at this point to where the speculation thread has lost its purpose and has turned into a pointless banter thread for HHN.

I mean, what is the point of this now? We already know the last house is TBA and everything else has been released. The last announcement can't come soon enough so we can put this thread out of its misery.

If anything, I believe @Brian G. in the past closed down the speculation thread for HHN events in Orlando after all of the content is released. I would expect similar for this HHN section, and that general discussion is enacted for HHN Hollywood 2017.