HHN Hollywood General Discussion - 2017 | Page 184 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN Hollywood General Discussion - 2017

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Also, I had a once in a blue moon occurrence on my last trip. I was going in with my FFP on Halloween and scanned my ticket and my finger. Then as they were handing my pass back they also handed me a FOL pass. I asked them if it was some special inclusion for Halloween, and they didn't respond. I decided to not push a good thing and kept walking. I didn't really feel morally bad about it either, because it wasnt like I took somebody elses, because they've got bags of the things. Just Halloween luck I guess.

Reactions: ush.hacker
The numbers you are receiving are inaccurate. Have you suddenly forgotten that USH (without the backlot and maze queue areas) can sustain 45,000 guests?

If it had that many guests it'd be ahead of Epcot in the theme park rankings. We can all agree there's not 45k in USH on any sort of regular basis.

And on a similar note, Epcot can sustain 80k guests, 120k is every possible venue is open, every bypass path, every everything. It only goes to around 90k, once a year, before they shut it down (That's NYE.)

15-20's, with a peak day around 25 or maybe even 27km is entirely in line for USH attendance.

Reactions: ush.hacker
The numbers you are receiving are inaccurate. Have you suddenly forgotten that USH (without the backlot and maze queue areas) can sustain 45,000 guests?

Have you suddenly forgotten that they close WWOHP during the event, close off 3 of the rides, two of the shows, part of the park, etc? They cap the event and call it full at 20,000.

I'm honestly not sure what to say.

I wasn't the biggest fan of this year, but then construction, budget cuts, IP issues, all that adds up and I'm not sure if I can blame Murdy for that.

I guess: Thank you, Murdy. I know we bag on you alot, but if this really is your last year, I just wanted to say that you and your team have given me some amazing memories.

I vote for Jon Cooke over at Knotts. His mazes have been stellar. Imagine what he could do with a bigger budget.

Also, I'd wait on the retirement and goodbye speeches to Murdy. This literally has happened for the last 3 years now lol get the official confirmation before getting too sappy.

Now that I think about it, is Murdy's retirement the reason why they started selling a bit of booze this year? I know USH could probably override him at any time, but if he really is leaving this year, then maybe that factored into the decision to start selling some beer.

Go out with a bang or yah know, go out with getting fired...

I'm kidding I love that man, he is honestly someone I look up to. Question is, who will take over?

He's actually on a Tenure, or was; if Murdy is to be leaving.

Tenures are usually for creative head's of a department, who stay for more than ten years. It becomes the question, of whether or not one should retire to tackle other pursuits, or of other reasons.

If Murdy is truly leaving Chirs will be most likely be leaving with him. They also probably already have somebody hired for next year

I would assume they would keep it in-house. If I was a betting man, Universal Creative may bring someone from the Orlando team on-board for Hollywood.

It would be good as they know he/she is not only reliable, but that they will give a new take on the event, and to make it more in-line with the Orlando event (similar to what we see out of the Holiday's this year).