Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN Hollywood General Discussion - 2017

To follow up my question about any additional discounts, Universal just sent me an email to return to HHN for only... $49!!!! That's the cheapest it's been in almost decade.

They are definitely dropping prices. I've been watching the 11/4 FOTL pass and it dropped from $199 to $169

On a packed night this year the crowds are hitting 15,000 people! Last year they were hitting 20,000...

There have been plenty of 20K+ nights. Attendance definitely seems softer, though.

Keep in mind an additional maze does a lot to spread out queue times. Part of why we aren't seeing the insane 180 minutes at AHS or SAW.

There has definitely not been a night this year where the attendance spiked that high.

TOT wait drops down to 0 around 11 and in doing so the other lines change by a small amount.

Actually it is and I'll be happy to have a friendly debate on the matter

HHN Hollywood this year has been receiving an average of 13,000 guests a night.

EDIT: Last year it was hitting an average of 20,000. This year the max amount of people it has been getting is 15,000 people.

Actually it is and I'll be happy to have a friendly debate on the matter

HHN Hollywood this year has been receiving an average of 13,000 guests a night.

EDIT: Last year it was hitting an average of 20,000. This year the max amount of people it has been getting is 15,000 people.

I'm not talking about averages. You said there hasn't been a night where attendance has spiked "that high" in response to my noting regular nights of 20K+ attendance. That is patently false - peak nights have regularly exceeded 20K in attendance. Several have gone significantly higher. However, as I also said above, attendance is softer than last year - I have no doubt that the average attendance is lower.

I'm talking about nights this year and only this year then comparing them to the previous. Don't quite know if you understand that.

EDIT: I am not just randomly guessing the statistics on this.

I'm talking about nights this year and only this year then comparing them to the previous. Don't quite know if you understand that.

EDIT: I am not just randomly guessing the statistics on this.

Neither am I. I'm working off hard numbers. Peak nights have regularly exceeded 20K in attendance. Overall attendance is undeniably softer relative to last year.

Our two arguments/debates are over two topics of attendance. You're talking about peaks and I'm talking about average. Either way I do not agree.

FIN.

:rolleyes:

They aren't. You changed the conversation to be about attendance averages. By the way, I agree that average attendance is lower this year. There's no debating that. I've never pivoted from that position. I'm pointing out it's absurd to suggest that individual peak nights this year have not exceeded 20K. They do, regularly, they just don't often sell out (and non-peak nights are significantly lower year-over-year).

commencer.

Before every night of HHN actors are told the crowds and how many tickets were sold for the night. Every night it has been no greater then 15,000 for this year. If my argument is wrong then maybe the first two nights of HHN this year hit 20,000. I highly highly doubt that, I doubt that more then us getting This is the End part 2 next year. It is just not what I've been told.

commencer.

Before every night of HHN actors are told the crowds and how many tickets were sold for the night. Every night it has been no greater then 15,000 for this year. If my argument is wrong then maybe the first two nights of HHN this year hit 20,000. I highly highly doubt that, I doubt that more then us getting This is the End part 2 next year. It is just not what I've been told.

Not to butt into this debate, but is that exclusively a BEFORE number? I'm sure way more people come as the night progresses.

commencer.

You're being told inaccurate numbers.

Says the person typing this from FL.

I highly doubt the numbers I am receiving are inaccurate

I don't live in Florida anymore. You can believe whatever you'd like, but I can say with 100% confidence that peak nights are exceeding 20K in ticket sales regularly.