HHN Hollywood General Discussion - 2017 | Page 185 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN Hollywood General Discussion - 2017

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
If it had that many guests it'd be ahead of Epcot in the theme park rankings. We can all agree there's not 45k in USH on any sort of regular basis.

And on a similar note, Epcot can sustain 80k guests, 120k is every possible venue is open, every bypass path, every everything. It only goes to around 90k, once a year, before they shut it down (That's NYE.)

15-20's, with a peak day around 25 or maybe even 27km is entirely in line for USH attendance.

Once again epycolopedia you misinterpret what I said completely and randomly start talking about Florida parks which has no relevance to the discussion.

A standard PEAK day at USH without the added footprint of the backlot is 35,000 - 38,000, it hits these numbers regularly over the summer and winter months, and again, it DOES hit these numbers regularly. When the park sells out during NYE and the late holidays, it DOES hit over 40,000 guests (usually once or twice during those weeks). As a matter of fact it broke the attendance record twice this year. It's like being in a sardine can and would never recommend going on those days but it does happen.

Have you suddenly forgotten that they close WWOHP during the event, close off 3 of the rides, two of the shows, part of the park, etc? They cap the event and call it full at 20,000.

Did you suddenly forgotten that the added footprint of the backlot area, and its oversized switchbacks makes up for the lost queue capacity from the closed down attractions. Why would they cap it any less than 35k? There's no logic there.

Fake attendance number debate aside. I think Murdy was exactly the thing HHN needed to become the event it needed to be and he was more than successful at doing it. But new blood is what the park needs to stay fresh and on top of things.

Reactions: Freak
HHN isn't going and doesn't get upwards of 38,000 people because the people that the audience attracts doesn't those numbers and especially not during a nighttime activity.

I am leaving this debate and Jonathan if you read this can you please settle this debate on how many people can be allowed into park. Thank you!

New blood could lead to a possibility of more original mazes and pursuing IPs that Murdy was holding off on. Yet, I feel that the higher ups might be cautious the first year with the new person, in that they may try to rely on too many reused IPs like this year. Either way, I'm just happy I was able to meet Murdy this year at the event, if this is his final year.

Reactions: ush.hacker
New blood could lead to a possibility of more original mazes and pursuing IPs that Murdy was holding off on. Yet, I feel that the higher ups might be cautious the first year with the new person, in that they may try to rely on too many reused IPs like this year. Either way, I'm just happy I was able to meet Murdy this year at the event, if this is his final year.

As I said, which is why I would think they would bring someone from the Orlando team, someone who has had a good past, and to tackle the event with new perspectives that are similar enough to Orlando, but different to give more leeway to possibilities.

I do think this means the amount of exclusive IP's are going to go down by 0, but if that means we get some original content; it may be what the event needs for the west.

Reactions: MacMillian Crew
I kinda hope Murdy gets one last year to do Universal Classic Monsters but if this is it, I'll miss him for sure :(
To be fair he had his chance several times and he blew it. Why do This is the End? Why do Blumhouse? Why do Alice Cooper? Why do El Cucuy? Why do Titans? While some of those were good houses, I’m saying Murdy could’ve prioritized Monsters over those ideas if he really wanted to do it. It’s not like he was told to do those houses.

Wait....he could’ve done a Monsters house but instead decided to do a maze with James Franco and Seth Rogan...think about that.