HHN Hollywood General Discussion - 2017 | Page 71 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN Hollywood General Discussion - 2017

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Wow that picture thing blew up WAY more than I thought it would. Thank god I muted my notifications before my work orientation...

Despite finding that house, I don't believe that Writer's Block is the Blumhouse mashup. I have advocated against that and will continue to say no Writer's Block is insidious, John's 'mad science project' is Blumhouse. However it was a neat little find because I'm 99% positive that that's what the facade in the JP Queue is based on. Here's my most likely scenario...
Maybe while shooting this episode, Jason saw the house and liked the look of it and decided he could revisit it for a future film, that film being the upcoming Insidious ch. 4
Just because Jason Blum was on the episode and the house looks exactly like the facade in the JP queue does not mean that that maze is Blumhouse
Even though it goes against the leaked line up I like the idea of doing a maze based off of that short film/book that was in the episode because I think murdy would be able to have more creative freedom on it. Even though I know this is extremely unlikely and wouldn't be a big IP that draws crowds, I would personally like to see something like that more then a insidious chapter four maze. Either way I know murdy will do great with whatever ends up going in the JP queue

You all realize that house is almost certainly in Insidious 4, right? Blumhouse prides itself on using cheap locations within driving distance of LA (if not in LA proper).

It probably appears in that episode because they were either location scouting or shooting. (Not sure when this episode was shot but it might line up with when I4 was in principal.)

Reactions: HHNManics
You all realize that house is almost certainly in Insidious 4, right? Blumhouse prides itself on using cheap locations within driving distance of LA (if not in LA proper).

It probably appears in that episode because they were either location scouting or shooting. (Not sure when this episode was shot but it might line up with when I4 was in principal.)
This episode was from last year, 2016 so they very well could have been location scouting and that's what I'm believing

Wow that picture thing blew up WAY more than I thought it would. Thank god I muted my notifications before my work orientation...

Despite finding that house, I don't believe that Writer's Block is the Blumhouse mashup. I have advocated against that and will continue to say no Writer's Block is insidious, John's 'mad science project' is Blumhouse. However it was a neat little find because I'm 99% positive that that's what the facade in the JP Queue is based on. Here's my most likely scenario...
Maybe while shooting this episode, Jason saw the house and liked the look of it and decided he could revisit it for a future film, that film being the upcoming Insidious ch. 4
Just because Jason Blum was on the episode and the house looks exactly like the facade in the JP queue does not mean that that maze is Blumhouse

Murdy could scream into a mic at a panel and people will think Scream is coming to HHN...

August 5th and 6th.

Ok; I'd guess that this will be the announcement schedule:

Anytime this week: Ash vs Evil Dead
SDCC(next week): Jigsaw
The week after: Conjuring Replacement or Blumhouse
ScareLa: Insidious Chapter 4
Week After: Blumhouse Mashup or Conjuring Replacement

But yeah I feel like we're gonna start getting announcements on a weekly basis from now on

Ok; I'd guess that this will be the announcement schedule:

Anytime this week: Ash vs Evil Dead
SDCC(next week): Jigsaw
The week after: Conjuring Replacement or Blumhouse
ScareLa: Insidious Chapter 4
Week After: Blumhouse Mashup or Conjuring Replacement

But yeah I feel like we're gonna start getting announcements on a weekly basis from now on
Seems very reasonable although we might get something at Midsummer Scream. Other than that, this seems to be the case.
On another note, do you think this announcement will bring us a full fledged website or would we have to wait for another announcement to see it up?

Seems very reasonable although we might get something at Midsummer Scream. Other than that, this seems to be the case.
On another note, do you think this announcement will bring us a full fledged website or would we have to wait for another announcement to see it up?
midsummer screen will probably be the terror tram

Honestly I'm not sure. The only thing I know is Orlando's website launches August 3rd so all the shared IP's would have to be announced before then.

Honestly I'm not sure. The only thing I know is Orlando's website launches August 3rd so all the shared IP's would have to be announced before then.
I thought Orlando's website was already launched. It seems to be the one that's more fleshed out as Hollywood hasn't launched their's YET (hopefully soon), Singapore still has last years website and Japan's website is down.

I thought Orlando's website was already launched. It seems to be the one that's more fleshed out as Hollywood hasn't launched their's YET (hopefully soon), Singapore still has last years website and Japan's website is down.

Orlando's website isn't launched, but it is there. Their "launch" is when all the original houses and scarezones are posted on the site

*unrelated but* You know, I'm surprised Hollywood didn't cash in on Resident Evil this year considering the new game was a hit. Idk I thought Orlando's house was good and you would think Hollywood would do it since they could re-use TCM props & sets. Just personal opinion but I wish they would use more video game houses since IP's are slowly running out

*unrelated but* You know, I'm surprised Hollywood didn't cash in on Resident Evil this year considering the new game was a hit. Idk I thought Orlando's house was good and you would think Hollywood would do it since they could re-use TCM props & sets. Just personal opinion but I wish they would use more video game houses since IP's are slowly running out
YES once i played the game i just knew that one day it would be a hhn house

I think the reason why Hollywood doesn't do many properties based on monster movies or monster-filled games is because they tend to be expensive, and usually result in returning a second year in order to have the costs spent on puppets, animatronics, giant sets, and other elaborate maze elements.

Reactions: horrornights789
I think the reason why Hollywood doesn't do many properties based on monster movies or monster-filled games is because they tend to be expensive, and usually result in returning a second year in order to have the costs spent or puppets, animatronics, giant sets, and other elaborate maze elements.
I agree with MacMillian, it would be very expensive for monster-based properties such as Resident Evil to come to life but I wouldn't doubt that the end product would be fantastic. There's a few properties I could see coming to HHN in the future that are games like Resident Evil as mentioned before, The Evil Within and MAYBE... POSSIBLY... kicking and screaming... a FNAF game. It's food for thought but I feel as if game mazes are a bit taboo now with the community.

Reactions: MacMillian Crew
Considering I've wanted properties like Hellraiser, Trick or Treat, IT, and Stranger Things which have monsters/giant creatures involved, in the future, the studio hopefully may invest in properties and therefore might be able to pull off these films and shows. As for this year, considering the budget had to cover an extra eighth maze, they'll see how this year performs before getting really ambitious and trying to pursue really effects-heavy properties.

Book with our Travel Partners

Latest posts