HHN Hollywood Speculation/News - 2015 | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN Hollywood Speculation/News - 2015

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

What is your favorite USH HHN Year?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Pre-2006

• Total voters
El Cucuy, and that was that he took the children and ate them, not turning them into henchmen. Krampus can be in a way, the Giggles and Gore of a Horror nights Hollywood.

I think it looked great! An entire maze built around a haunted north pole Christmas factory with demon elves would be badass.
I agree. I think the setting would be awesome. I just don't want Murdy to design it. Here's why:

operation-killH-550x417.jpg

Smile-Kill--455x600.jpg

Bi-Sect-Kill-H-.jpg

How many times have we seen the above gags being used throughout the years? Replace the clowns with the elves, and there would be our Dark Christmas maze. That's all he's going to do. It's just such a cool concept and I'm worried Murdy will treat it like a throwaway like he sort of did with Clowns. You may have liked the maze, but story-wise, it was a mess. Besides the freezer room, what else in the maze gave you the feeling you were in an ice cream factory? Yeah, exactly. The maze strayed from that story. I was hoping to see people being mushed and crushed into ice cream, but it was people being sawed and electrocuted which made no sense to the story. I want to see a story where all of the naughty kids get turned into toys for the good kids by Krampus....without the above gags being used and NOT in 3D.

I'd more personally go in for the La Llorona style of a urban legend, have it start in a village and then end in the north pole.
It would be too similar to El Cucuy. I think they should stick with the factory. How about scenes where the bad kids are being turned into realistic dolls? We can hear them say, "No please! I'll be good next year!" Maybe some naughty teenagers can be turned into giant stuffed animals. We can see the demonic elves crush the bad teenagers onto the assembly line compactor. How about a room where Santa is stuffed head-first into the toy making machinery and what's left of him are being used as the inside of the human stuffed animals from the bad kids.

Yikes, that was dark. I'm a sick person. 0.o But that should be a maze. It would be better than the old-recycled gags that I mentioned above.

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually enjoyed Clowns all around - from the story, to the setting, to the execution. Sure, there were reused gags from previous years, but that could be argued for all of the mazes from this year's lineup. 

At this point, it's confirmed that Murdy will be the head of next year's event. I'm sure that even if he were to create a Dark Christmas maze, it wouldn't be a complete train wreck.

Reactions: BernardMesa
I just found out about that film a few days ago. Despite the fact that it doesn't come out until a month or two after HHN, I think it could secure its place as a maze for sure.

this would make perfect sense, we'd get more of Krampus but they advertise also a new horror film with the director of Trick R' Treat apart of the project.

One concern I have is the venue for replacing HoH. While I thought Globe Theater would be a good candidate, I really hope the replacement is not in the backlot. I don't think it would be healthy crowd-wise for putting another house on the backlot. Globe Theater would help keep crowds balanced while providing a lot of space for the maze.

I think it's safe to say that, in the not too distant future, the entirety of HHN will be held in the Lower Lot and Backlot. Now that there's only one maze venue left in the Upper Lot (not including Terror Tram), it just wouldn't make sense to keep the upstairs entertainment hanging on by a thread by leaving one maze behind. The only exception I see preventing this would be the return of Bill and Ted, or some other major show.

They could potentially build a maze in Universal Plaza eventually, can't they? I'd personally hate to see that though.
It would interfere with daytime operations so....no. Besides, Even though the layout for the Parisian Square venue is slightly awkward, I was impressed to see how much they could put into that small venue after seeing Dracula.

Reactions: Jon Fu
One concern I have is the venue for replacing HoH. While I thought Globe Theater would be a good candidate, I really hope the replacement is not in the backlot. I don't think it would be healthy crowd-wise for putting another house on the backlot. Globe Theater would help keep crowds balanced while providing a lot of space for the maze.
I've always perceived the Globe to be an untouchable venue, but given the recent demolition of Soundsdtage 28 and House of Horrors' closure, I don't think it would be impossible for the Horror Nights crew to use the venue to house a maze.

It'd set a precedent for sure, but the entire property seems to be catering more and more to the theme park.

Reactions: BernardMesa
I think besides Jurassic Park, everything in the park is fair game for replacement if it means improvement to the overall park and more money.

I DO however hope that they get rid of the HoH replacement restaurant and combine the square footage with the Globe Theatre and put in a ride or other attraction in that space.

And to make up for the loss of the "flex" space that the Globe usually is for corporate and private events, I'd hope my other idea comes to life, where Shrek 4D becomes a fancy Broadway theatre-themed building and is a theatrical/demonstration attraction by day, and is flexible enough to be a flex space for private and corporate events by night.

i hope so, don't want 4 mazes in the backlot! Although isn't that the main queue now to make up the space Hogsmead took away? Shrek still pulls in decent numbers and I would imagine they want to keep the space open for daytime guests. Someone should ask Murdy on Twitter. :p

We're probably seeing that be the case and a little off topic but I'm expecting the Phase three of the shrek overhaul to come around spring close to Springfield and fasts opening so.. lets wait and see I guess

Reactions: Aaron