Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN Hollywood Speculation/News - 2016

Well HHN is officially over, really fun night. Last terror tram was awesome except for the grumpy old worker who kept flashing his flashlight in people's eyes. Also I was almost not on last tram because team members didn't communicate with each other or us, it was a huge f'up on their part. Chainsaw Chaseout was a blast as well only wish Murdy would've stayed in one spot so I could have taken a picture

Well HHN is officially over, really fun night. Last terror tram was awesome except for the grumpy old worker who kept flashing his flashlight in people's eyes. Also I was almost not on last tram because team members didn't communicate with each other or us, it was a huge f'up on their part. Chainsaw Chaseout was a blast as well only wish Murdy would've stayed in one spot so I could have taken a picture

I was also on the last tram. Holy smokes that guy was really obnoxious. Aside from that rude dude, the whole experience was pretty great to see the final Terror Tram. 

That does it for HHN. This was my favorite year so far and I got to go five times, one of which was a BTS with Chris Williams for TCM. I had a great time and it was great to finish it with a bang....and with hot Butterbeer (which was AMAZING). 

Pamphlets handed out at the front of the park. Guess Hippogriff is not operating tonight.

Hippogriff was open tonight. I even got to ride it. 

Murdy was right behind me and my group when we went through FvJ. Although I didn't even realize it until we exited the maze haha.

I've only been going to HHN since 2013 but I definitely think this is the best year that I have personally experienced. Sad to see it go but I'm looking forward to what they can bring to us next year! Not sure how they can top it.

This was my second visit of the season, the first being opening night with just a GA pass, and it was a great way to end nearly two months of Halloween-themed events.  With Front of Line (that we purchased while actually in line on opening night) we were finally able to do all the mazes, the Jabbawockeez show, and a few rides.  We got Frozen Butterbeer when we arrived for Early Entry and later got our Hot Butterbeer in the evening.  We did TCM and The Excorcist twice, since we missed those mazes completely the first time around. 

A worker scoffed at us waiting in the regular line for TCM and said that most workers would let us go through again without scanning, but we didn't see that to be the case at all, nor did we try.  Our FOL was scanned every time except for FJ. 

Count me as another one that made it on the last Terror Tram of 2016.  I had actually never heard this was a thing until Murdy tweeted about it a few days ago, and I thought I was pretty aware of almost everything.  Glad they had a special line to wait for the last tram rather than us having to lollygag at the pretzel cart or something.  Although, a miscommunication  almost led to us getting on the second to last tram.  It was a cool and different way to experience the normal Terror Tram.  My friend noticed that Log Bunny was being held up in the middle of all the scare actors cheering in a group at the very end. 

^ I just stick my FOL pass in my pocket until I'm ready to actually start using it.  When I went Friday night they did not scan me at Krampus, but they did every other maze.

Saturday night 12:30 Jabba show I see a guy I see often at USH; he has cerebral palsy and is in an electric wheelchair. He's a big WaterWorld fan. I think his name is Nick. After the show about ten dancers came out with a signed mask and gave it to him. Lots of high-fives and hugs all around. It was a beautiful thing. He rolled onto the thrust and took pictures in front of the set. Those guys have a lot of class.

I'm in that video for like a half second but it's way too dark to make me out but if you want to try its at the end of tram when the chainsaw guys start and you follow the camera as they go to the groups behind you, I'm the first person that you see, I'm wearing glasses.

I'm in that video for like a half second but it's way too dark to make me out but if you want to try its at the end of tram when the chainsaw guys start and you follow the camera as they go to the groups behind you, I'm the first person that you see, I'm wearing glasses.

I made sure the obnoxious flashlight guy was in there. LOL

I was there on the last tram also i was in the last row on the last car. that was a blast and half greatest time ive ever had.

So this year was probably my favorite year alongside '11 and '14. Everything was great. There are some things I wanted to point out:

I really wish all of the rooms in the houses had ceilings when necessary. Not all of the rooms did in this one, but when Halloween used hospital ceilings, I really felt like I was there. It was very authentic and made me forget I was inside of a tent. It's a shame that they couldn't keep it consistent with one hallway at the beginning and at the end of the hospital. Krampus had ceilings in every room aside from the gingerbread scene and the very end and I bought the illusion that I was in a house. AHS and TCM weren't as consistent ceiling wide and it would've been nice for it to be more consistent. I don't want to see the tent. Even in the "outside" portions, cover them up with camo nets and vines or something. 

Also some of the houses were too loud. Krampus nearly blew my ears out to the point where I had to cover them in a few scenes. Look I know it's useful for them to really get scared but I still want to be able to hear. The music in the Exorcist was also ear-piercingly too loud towards the end. They need to balance it. 

I have more thoughts on improving the future event, but I'll put that in the 2017 thread. Goodnight HHN 2016. So glad I got to go five times with a BTS tour.