HHN Hollywood Speculation/News - 2016 | Page 8 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN Hollywood Speculation/News - 2016

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Something that's making me wonder; it seems that there wasn't a red herring this time around for Wisconsin..unless he assumes that we know that theres a red Herring; then it makes me wonder if there is any.

That being said, its going to be interesting to hear about the next IP...

The latter I believe, after what Alex posted in the Lower Lot thread, I believe what my sources said after I shrugged it off, believing it wouldn't be possible seeing SLoP coming next year, but looks like that may not be the case. 

I'd imagine Pets would be a longer build due to the nature of the attraction, so not being a 2017 attraction isn't surprising. I have my doubts of the venue returning this year but I would be thrilled to see it back. Murdy tweeted out a few times about the time-sensitivity of that venue and there's also an office trailer set up on the site. (same one's that popped up near Wizarding World, Supercharged, and Transformers when they began construction) If only we could tweet Murdy without him acting coy about it... 

Reactions: Alexshow.
The latter I believe, after what Alex posted in the Lower Lot thread, I believe what my sources said after I shrugged it off, believing it wouldn't be possible seeing SLoP coming next year, but looks like that may not be the case. 
If that's the case, then something in our editorial process failed because we heard a 2017 opening. We'll continue to investigate.

This was a rumor given to me a few weeks back, while my source could be wrong, it appears to be having more truth to it after what I saw in another thread, which is why i chose to post it. SLoP may very well still be the 2017 addition, but if the rumor about SS28's plot being used again actually is true, then something has obviously changed for next year's addition. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Aaron
I'll see if I can dig up anything on my end, probably too early though...

I will also say "yay" if SS28 is used again. Although I hope they use the space more wisely (LESS PLAIN BLACK HALLWAYS OF DOOM!!!!) than they did last year with TWD. Also no giant scenes that are practically devoid of scareactors please (or even if they do have scareactors, don't keep them so far away *looks at AVP*).

Secret Life of Pets was originally planned for Soundstage 28. Whether or not it's still in the works remain to be seen.

Hearing Jabbawockeez are returning to HHN this year.

In an unrelated note, it seems that Figure has also did a little tweet teasing involvement again with Horror Nights.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but didn't they work on the music that was for Exterminators?

Reactions: Stylowtrix
I have a..personal thought.

It'd be good to assume that if Jabbawockeez is returning, that means the Castle Theatre is to be used. If Galins true that theres a second show coming, what other locations could you use?

There is the Shrek theatre, the Animal Actors theatre, and the Waterworld Lagoon. I would assume that they wouldn't want to place two shows next to eachother, so that'd take out AA on location.

So that leaves Shrek and Waterworld. I can easily see Shrek used for some sort of film/actor show, but Waterworld would be the question to me, atleast; in that front.

Little things from the Horror Nights twitter;

House 2:

~ The House is now in Post-it Notes.

~ House Façade in treatment is over 10 pages

~ House has an Opening Monologue, that even though it is an IP; they are going with it on this one

_______

Also, it was confirmed that HHN will be returning to Monsterpalooza for a "Special" panel.

Honestly, I'm surprised by the Jabbawockeez rumor... Is their Vegas show going "dark" in October again this year? Someone see how far in advance you can purchase tickets. Sure they can just send one of their other troupes.. but eh. Hopefully they create a better show than last year.

As for the 2nd show/form of entertainment... remember, I already mentioned a while back that "Academy of Villains" would most likely be returning considering how much guests enjoyed them last year. Plus it was great having them randomly pop up in the Insidious queue!

Dear HHN Hollywood... Please grow your balls back & bring back Bill & Ted. Thanks.

Ah okay. Hope that 4 hour drive out here was worth it... and hopefully booking them for HHN doesn't affect HHN's offerings in terms of budget. Of course, HHN should have a bigger budget than it gets already, but that is besides the point...