HHN Hollywood Speculation/News - 2016 | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN Hollywood Speculation/News - 2016

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
To be fair, the only Dream Warriors scene used was the  "Welcome to Primetime B*tch" kill which is just recycled from their 2007 NOES house.

Also, if you guys remember, Murdy used the Jason bed kill from FvsJ in the (2007/2008) F13 maze.

Orlando's FvsJ house last year took a lot of creative freedom with its execution. It honestly was not a true FvsJ house, it was more of A&D playing with the two iconic characters. I'd hope Murdy would keep the maze here closer to the source material than Orlando did.

However, I wouldn't mind the one ending concept where Freddy & Jason end up in Hell with Pinhead intervening! :ph34r:

Haha no. The "Hell" ending with Hellraiser's Pinhead was one of many ending concepts for the film itself.

Freddy & Jason BOTH get pulled down to hell at the end and are still trying to battle. Pinhead comes out and separates them with chains (in typical Hellraiser fashion). It was a sort of "Gentlemen, what seems to be the problem?" moment.

ODjEwwF.jpg

Fan art of that unused ending concept

An actual sequel to FvsJ appeared several years later in the form of a comicbook series "Freddy vs Jason vs Ash". :)

Speaking of Ash, don't expect a maze based on the new Evil Dead tv series because apparently there is bad blood between Universal & Sam Raimi. Which is why the new tv series completely ignores "Army of Darkness", which Universal owns. I honestly don't know the full story. I just know there is copyright issues of some kind.

Reactions: Ridesandstuff
That looks really cool!

On Ash VS Evil Dead, I wasn't really expecting it come either. Even though its been getting good reviews, it doesn't seem to be very popular.

I found another movie with a connection to Wisconsin. Bradley Whitford is from Madison, and he had a big role in Cabin in the Woods. 

Cabin in the Woods was AWESOME in Orlando during HHN 2013! It was definitely one of my favorite houses that year, unfortunately it was located at the front of the park & was also very popular, so the line was ALWAYS long. It is definitely a fan-service IP. The variety of monsters it provides is why it makes a perfect maze, hell, its the perfect IP for Terror Tram or even a SZ.

If we could get FvsJ (minus the stupid videoscreens Orlando used), CITW, & Krampus.... we'd have 3 potentially solid mazes for this year.

Cabin in the Woods was AWESOME in Orlando during HHN 2013! It was definitely one of my favorite houses that year, unfortunately it was located at the front of the park & was also very popular, so the line was ALWAYS long. It is definitely a fan-service IP. The variety of monsters it provides is why it makes a perfect maze, hell, its the perfect IP for Terror Tram or even a SZ.

If we could get FvsJ (minus the stupid videoscreens Orlando used), CITW, & Krampus.... we'd have 3 potentially solid mazes for this year.
Didn't Murdy say that one of the letters not in any maze titles is "B"? I am not 100% but I'm pretty sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
*shrugs* I don't know.. I'm not the one who suggested CITW, I retired from dealing with Murdy's clue giving.

While I get the feeling they are just repaving the overflow queue area for Mummy, which as we all know is used for a maze location... I can't help but wonder, "IF" for some reason this ripping up the concrete behind Mummy is for something related to Mummy's impending doom... what exactly does that mean for HHN 2016 (and 2017... and 2018.. etc)?

Remember, "PETS" is supposed to begin construction this year to open next year... so that means the SS28 Lot is not available... so if what is going on with Mummy's back alley removes that location as well... where exactly will the mazes go this year?

As I stated very bluntly in the Diagon Alley thread, nothing in the park (or backlot areas) are safe from demolition, no matter how recently they've been upgraded... Like Orlando (Jaws queue 2012, Disaster queue 2016), we are slowly losing maze locations due to park construction. Unfortunately, despite how much money HHN brings in, the people upstairs in their offices with the scenic views don't take the event into consideration when overhauling the park.

*shrugs* I don't know.. I'm not the one who suggested CITW, I retired from dealing with Murdy's clue giving.

While I get the feeling they are just repaving the overflow queue area for Mummy, which as we all know is used for a maze location... I can't help but wonder, "IF" for some reason this ripping up the concrete behind Mummy is for something related to Mummy's impending doom... what exactly does that mean for HHN 2016 (and 2017... and 2018.. etc)?

Remember, "PETS" is supposed to begin construction this year to open next year... so that means the SS28 Lot is not available... so if what is going on with Mummy's back alley removes that location as well... where exactly will the mazes go this year?

As I stated very bluntly in the Diagon Alley thread, nothing in the park (or backlot areas) are safe from demolition, no matter how recently they've been upgraded... Like Orlando (Jaws queue 2012, Disaster queue 2016), we are slowly losing maze locations due to park construction. Unfortunately, despite how much money HHN brings in, the people upstairs in their offices with the scenic views don't take the event into consideration when overhauling the park.
As of right now, we still have JP overflow; Persian Courtyard; 747; the backlot tent that's housed CP and TWD; and the HOH building.

We right now, we need to worry about Mummy in this situation; whether it stays or goes around Labor day. If it stays until the end of the year, then that's a simple re-paving. But if we see Mummy close before Labor day, then I have to imagine that the Backlots going to lose its current tram drop-off location..

Honestly, I would not count the NOT-HoH building yet until it is completed & we have full confirmation of its usability for HHN. I don't see them just having an empty space devoted to an HHN maze inside this new building & we also don't know details about the rumored "new attraction" either.

I'm sure the Potter/summer crowds will make it impossible, but I've always wanted to see them use Waterworld's queue for a maze again like they did for "Creature From the Black Lagoon: Monsterquariam". It would be great if there was a way for them to use the space & still keep Waterworld open for daytime guests.

As for the tram drop-off... there has to be a way to make it work. It didn't exactly use A LOT of space. I think if they "tried" & got creative, they could still have a maze there & keep the tram drop-off. I took one of the survey's last year & I am pretty sure I made a point of saying they needed another maze among the metro sets (as well as entertainment).

What bugged me about the use of SS747 for AVP was how much unused space was left inside that soundstage. Not having been able to fully examine all of the access points, for obvious reasons... I wonder if it would be possible to have 2 mazes inside of it like Orlando does. Of course I also don't know the size of SS747, so it might not be big enough to accommodate the maze sizes nowadays.

What bugged me about the use of SS747 for AVP was how much unused space was left inside that soundstage. Not having been able to fully examine all of the access points, for obvious reasons... I wonder if it would be possible to have 2 mazes inside of it like Orlando does. Of course I also don't know the size of SS747, so it might not be big enough to accommodate the maze sizes nowadays.
Unfortunately this is due to the fire regulations of the Movie Studio. 747 is relatively smaller than the other soundstages on the Universal lot so I don't think two mazes can fit in there. Black Sabbath and AVP could definitely be longer without such regulations in place. Maybe Murdy should consider making more compact scenes?

The larger scenes in the mazes have been such wastes of space & not used to their full potential... at least that is what I have noticed for the most part over the past two years. Although, even smaller scenes have suffered from poor execution.

One of the best large scenes that comes to mind from Orlando was 2011's "The Forsaken". It had a huge courtyard scene right before the finale. What made the scene work so well was that even though it was huge, on good nights we had at least 4 scareactors in that scene (one night I believe there were 5 scareactors in there).. two on the right side leading into the scene, then one on either side of us in the actual courtyard. Along with "rain" (mist) & wind to simulate a storm. Even on the nights there was only one scareactor in the courtyard, he still worked both sides. It was never "boring" or feel like wasted space like the cop car scene in AVP... or even the chest burster livingroom (which was also pretty bad).

The larger scenes in the mazes have been such wastes of space & not used to their full potential... at least that is what I have noticed for the most part over the past two years. Although, even smaller scenes have suffered from poor execution.

One of the best large scenes that comes to mind from Orlando was 2011's "The Forsaken". It had a huge courtyard scene right before the finale. What made the scene work so well was that even though it was huge, on good nights we had at least 4 scareactors in that scene (one night I believe there were 5 scareactors in there).. two on the right side leading into the scene, then one on either side of us in the actual courtyard. Along with "rain" (mist) & wind to simulate a storm. Even on the nights there was only one scareactor in the courtyard, he still worked both sides. It was never "boring" or feel like wasted space like the cop car scene in AVP... or even the chest burster livingroom (which was also pretty bad).
I'm glad I am not the only one who felt this way. Many of the scenes in AVP felt like they were just there to fill in the gaps. It's funny, you attend an event for so long you can start to tell where the budget for each maze is allocated to. That 'forest' scene with the black walls and camo netting was absolutely awful. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Wesker69
I did enjoy that the trees were from ET though!!... that was pretty awesomes... and a little depressing :lol:
You would have enjoyed Kill Jason Kill in 2010. The opening forest scene was like the E.T queue but with Jason! 

Speaking of which, the X-Files revival starts this Sunday. What I would give for that to be at HHN...  

Could Murdy's last tweet be possibly referring to the Preacher rumor I got a while back? It would certainly fit the criteria...