HHN Hollywood Speculation/News - 2016 | Page 9 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN Hollywood Speculation/News - 2016

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
In an unrelated note, it seems that Figure has also did a little tweet teasing involvement again with Horror Nights.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but didn't they work on the music that was for Exterminators?
Yes, Figure did the music for the Exterminatorz last year. 

What tweet did you see from him that teased involvement? 

Dear HHN Hollywood... Please grow your balls back & bring back Bill & Ted. Thanks.
This x1000!  I got to see B&T at HHN in Orlando for 2015, and not only was the show amazing, but it made me realize how much I really miss this show at our HHN!  Yes, I get that some people may be "over" B&T, and some years are better than others script-wise.  But it's a lot of fun, and to me it's an essential part of HHN in both Hollywood and Orlando.  So I say "bring it back"!  Jabbawockeez was entertaining (and I don't mind that it seems to be returning this year), but I want to see a comedy show for HHN as well!

If we aren't losing it then I guess they aren't building that employee break room there after all.

I wonder how the new façades for the HoH replacement will be implemented into the entrance scarezone. Projection mapping like Acid Assault in Orlando would be pretty neat.
I wonder why Murdy has yet to do digital mapping for scare zones. It's a great way to enhance the environment. Better question: why hasn't Orlando used that for their scare zones in a while?

I wonder why Murdy has yet to do digital mapping for scare zones. It's a great way to enhance the environment. Better question: why hasn't Orlando used that for their scare zones in a while?
I'd wonder, could it be due to budgetary reasons that they aren't able to really use Digital Mapping, to where it can work out the best way possible? Just food for thought.

I'd love to see Projection Mapping used for houses and Scarezones, especially for HHN as it can do wonders.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Stylowtrix
Ugh.... lets refrain from bringing up the tragedy of a scarezone that was Acid Assault. The crumbling building effect used for that scarezone in 2011 was beyond terrible. It did not work like it was supposed & only looked halfway decent from a distance. It was one of the most overrated effects Orlando has done. In videos it probably did look "cool", but in person it was very "meh".

Universal Orlando is NOT Universal Japan (or a Disney park), which is why the projection mapping has yet to return. They don't know how to properly use the technology. They would need to enlist Disney for help on how to properly execute it.

And lets be honest, when it comes to using new & innovative things for HHN, Murdy seems to steer clear. Which is why they probably haven't attempted projection mapping here. There are so many things that have been done elsewhere at other haunts which makes HHN look like its stuck in the dark ages. One could say the budget is the issue, which is true... but not entirely.

Reactions: BruceTheShark
I'd love to see Projection Mapping used for houses and Scarezones, especially for HHN as it can do wonders.
Projection Mapping was used in Insidious last year. It was a wonderful effect when it worked. Timing seems to be the biggest issue. Scarezones are the last thing to be worked on and receive a pretty paltry budget. It's a shame because Murdy can create incredible scarezones (Welcome to Hell, Dark Christmas, Zombie Invasion) when he wants to. 

Projection Mapping was used in Insidious last year. It was a wonderful effect when it worked. Timing seems to be the biggest issue. Scarezones are the last thing to be worked on and receive a pretty paltry budget. It's a shame because Murdy can create incredible scarezones (Welcome to Hell, Dark Christmas, Zombie Invasion) when he wants to. 
The projection mapping in Insidious was actually the biggest scare for me. I didn't realize that the dark spot in the corner of the room was actually in fact a gaping hole in the wall. So my eyes followed the demon crawling on the wall, straight into the hole, then BAM, he comes back out of the hole. Pretty good time.

Reactions: Aaron
From Murdy's Twitter:

Begining research today on maze #3 for HHN 2016. This might be the most challenging maze we've ever attempted! Later today I'll be sitting down with my partner Chris to do the first concept session for maze #3 which is a huge creative challenge. For most of the mazes we design, it's pretty clear what the concept is going to be and its just a matter of which scenes make it. This property is a different story. It violates almost every rule we have for what makes a great maze, it requires a different approach. So why attempt it? Because I know the chances of failure are high. It scares the hell out of me that's going to push us to do our best work.

Maze #3 violates every rule?.... does this mean it doesn't allow his signature plain black hallways of nothingness?... I could see how that might be a challenge. I feel like Murdy recycles this type of maze update each year. "Oh whoa is me, we have a huge creative challenge blah blah blah".. same sh*t, different year. While Murdy/Chris have the ability to pop out some great mazes/SZs... Hollywood really needs a few more minds to help with the event to keep it fresh. Of course... you know.. the higher-ups also need to give the event a bigger budget.

Oh hai trailer for the 2016 Terror Tram...

^ Actually... I wouldn't leave that out of context... Good idea. I have a feeling we'll be seeing Alice Cooper return though. 

the problem more to me, would be how the hell they'd handle the 3D for the sets. If they went like how HOTC was, I could see a Purge 3D house actually working..but, as Galin said; if theres a 3D house, its probably going to go to Alice; if Alice Cooper does indeed come around (which seems like it will)

Reactions: chris.g
the problem more to me, would be how the hell they'd handle the 3D for the sets. 
Put a lot of red and blue in the maze. Considering the only 3D HHN uses is ChromaDepth 3D, it's not that hard to convert a property into that type of attraction. The last good 3D maze was Alice Cooper Goes to Hell IMO, so I can do without them for a very long time. 

Last edited by a moderator: