1. Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Make sure to sign up and join the community! It's fast, free, and easy! DO IT!

HHN on your own

Discussion in 'General Horror Nights Discussion' started by Luke Cockcroft, Feb 20, 2018.

1. JoeCamel

JoeCamel Premium Member

Thanks for letting us know how it went for you. I'm glad you enjoyed it. I can not imagine doing SW then hhn, you Brits are tough!

2. Robert Bliss

Robert Bliss V.I.P.

I am going by myself for the first time this year and it is nice to see a lot of people speaking positively about it. My GF is a fan of the event but doesn't want to do three years in a row, but encouraged me to go if I wanted to because of how much I love it. I have no idea if I will have the time or money to go in future years, but I will this year and I'm jumping on it. I think the Horror nights will be fine by myself. I'm a fairly solitary person as it is and I love podcasts, so I'll just queue up a bunch of Las podcast On The Lefts and Comedy Bang Bangs and be super happy in my own world. I'm more worried about what the days will be like and what it will be like to go on rides solo. It'll probably be fine.

3. amar831

amar831 Newcomer

I'd have to say my biggest concern is being alone, but I'm ok with making a few friends in the line! I'm pretty excited about trying all of the specialty foods I've missed out on the past few years (still haven't tried those pizza fries!). I'm glad to hear you had a great solo experience your first year! Honestly, my first year at HHN could have been my last because, unlike you, I scare VERY easily (even had a panic attack after my second house. But I toughed through the rest of the houses that year and I've been addicted to the adrenaline rush of being scared ever since :lol:.

2020 is gonna be a great time to go, I can't wait to see what they have in store for the 30th Anniversary.

I'm a heavy dude so I can barely make it through HHN without wanting to call it quits :lol:

I'll be there the 20th through 29th of September, so I'm hoping that the crowds are decent. For the past few years I've only been able to go on Saturdays, so I can't wait to see what a non-peak night looks like (but with ST2 probably coming, will there ever be a non-peak night? lol) Also planning on the UTH Tour for the first time since I'll be alone and won't have to convince anyone to dish out the extra $, I'm super hyped for that.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2019