Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN on your own

Hey :)

Well, I had an absolute blast all holiday, and that night was one of the very best parts. Initially I was really self conscious walking about/queuing on my own, in a place I only vaguely knew (had spent one day at the park by the point I went).

However, within about 30 minutes I really felt totally fine with it, and my first house was Stranger Things - so, obviously an amazing start! I got talking to a group of girls behind me in Stranger Things who noticed my British accent when I was on the phone to my wife and got inquisitive about me on my own and that made wait times pass a few times actually, people were generally just chatty to those they were nearby in the lines.

I did every house except Trick R Treat, and I could have done that but was sooooo tired (physically, my feet were killing as I had done a full day at Sea World from about 7am and then gone to Universal for HHN from 6ish!) and by this time it was going 1am ish. I was more than happy with what I got through, and I had the Pizza Fries (up there with the best things I’ve ever eaten, probably. I just sat in the Kidzone area devouring them wishing I’d bought two) and Twisted Taters etc, I tried to have as much of a full experience as a guy can in a one and done night, and I think I did!

Best house for me was Slaughter Cinema, absolutely hilarious to me. I don’t scare easily (not arrogance, just not particularly jumpy per se) but the house which got me a few times was the one where the plant life had taken over (forgot its name now, only a few months ago but I’m terrible).

I can’t recommend it enough as an overall experience, and would not hesitate to do it again on my own - and in fact, that is exactly what I will be doing as we had such an incredible time in Florida we have just rebooked for end of September 2020 - and you best believe I will be going back to HHN!
Thanks for letting us know how it went for you. I'm glad you enjoyed it. I can not imagine doing SW then hhn, you Brits are tough!

I am going by myself for the first time this year and it is nice to see a lot of people speaking positively about it. My GF is a fan of the event but doesn't want to do three years in a row, but encouraged me to go if I wanted to because of how much I love it. I have no idea if I will have the time or money to go in future years, but I will this year and I'm jumping on it. I think the Horror nights will be fine by myself. I'm a fairly solitary person as it is and I love podcasts, so I'll just queue up a bunch of Las podcast On The Lefts and Comedy Bang Bangs and be super happy in my own world. I'm more worried about what the days will be like and what it will be like to go on rides solo. It'll probably be fine.

Hey :)

Well, I had an absolute blast all holiday, and that night was one of the very best parts. Initially I was really self conscious walking about/queuing on my own, in a place I only vaguely knew (had spent one day at the park by the point I went).

However, within about 30 minutes I really felt totally fine with it, and my first house was Stranger Things - so, obviously an amazing start! I got talking to a group of girls behind me in Stranger Things who noticed my British accent when I was on the phone to my wife and got inquisitive about me on my own and that made wait times pass a few times actually, people were generally just chatty to those they were nearby in the lines.

I did every house except Trick R Treat, and I could have done that but was sooooo tired (physically, my feet were killing as I had done a full day at Sea World from about 7am and then gone to Universal for HHN from 6ish!) and by this time it was going 1am ish. I was more than happy with what I got through, and I had the Pizza Fries (up there with the best things I’ve ever eaten, probably. I just sat in the Kidzone area devouring them wishing I’d bought two) and Twisted Taters etc, I tried to have as much of a full experience as a guy can in a one and done night, and I think I did!

Best house for me was Slaughter Cinema, absolutely hilarious to me. I don’t scare easily (not arrogance, just not particularly jumpy per se) but the house which got me a few times was the one where the plant life had taken over (forgot its name now, only a few months ago but I’m terrible).

I can’t recommend it enough as an overall experience, and would not hesitate to do it again on my own - and in fact, that is exactly what I will be doing as we had such an incredible time in Florida we have just rebooked for end of September 2020 - and you best believe I will be going back to HHN!

I'd have to say my biggest concern is being alone, but I'm ok with making a few friends in the line! I'm pretty excited about trying all of the specialty foods I've missed out on the past few years (still haven't tried those pizza fries!). I'm glad to hear you had a great solo experience your first year! Honestly, my first year at HHN could have been my last because, unlike you, I scare VERY easily (even had a panic attack after my second house. But I toughed through the rest of the houses that year and I've been addicted to the adrenaline rush of being scared ever since :lol:.

2020 is gonna be a great time to go, I can't wait to see what they have in store for the 30th Anniversary.

Thanks for letting us know how it went for you. I'm glad you enjoyed it. I can not imagine doing SW then hhn, you Brits are tough!

I'm a heavy dude so I can barely make it through HHN without wanting to call it quits :lol:

I am going by myself for the first time this year and it is nice to see a lot of people speaking positively about it. My GF is a fan of the event but doesn't want to do three years in a row, but encouraged me to go if I wanted to because of how much I love it. I have no idea if I will have the time or money to go in future years, but I will this year and I'm jumping on it. I think the Horror nights will be fine by myself. I'm a fairly solitary person as it is and I love podcasts, so I'll just queue up a bunch of Las podcast On The Lefts and Comedy Bang Bangs and be super happy in my own world. I'm more worried about what the days will be like and what it will be like to go on rides solo. It'll probably be fine.

I'll be there the 20th through 29th of September, so I'm hoping that the crowds are decent. For the past few years I've only been able to go on Saturdays, so I can't wait to see what a non-peak night looks like (but with ST2 probably coming, will there ever be a non-peak night? lol) Also planning on the UTH Tour for the first time since I'll be alone and won't have to convince anyone to dish out the extra $, I'm super hyped for that.

Last edited: