Hollywood Drive-In Mini Golf | Page 29 | Inside Universal Forums

Hollywood Drive-In Mini Golf

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I for one was much happier with the open space that was there before. All this clutter takes away from the advertisements I enjoy on the side of the movie theater.

:troll:

Perhaps what was there wasn't so bad. In design it is called white space or green space... somewhere to rest your eyes. Now the first thing you see at Universal is the Jersey Shore.

FIST PUMPING all the way to hole 18...

That really could be taken in a whole different direction... BTW I hate the show AND I hate Jersey.

COMPLETELY AGREE. They totally could have fit a water park in there. :lol:

:rofl: I mean, seriously. I thought everyone likes mini golf.

FIST PUMPING all the way to hole 18...

That really could be taken in a whole different direction... BTW I hate the show AND I hate Jersey.

Ahem. Pardon the interruption, but did you just say you hate the shore? :boxing: Come at me, bro! :lol:

I for one was much happier with the open space that was there before. All this clutter takes away from the advertisements I enjoy on the side of the movie theater.

If yours wasn't such a snarky post, then I would agree with it. I suppose the ugly green terraced amphitheater on citywalk lagoon would make a great dunkin doughnuts water slide and zip-line area or perhaps a DisneyQuest style attraction would fit nicely on Hard Rock Hotel Island. There are tons of unused mini-lands within the resort. :wave:

If yours wasn't such a snarky post, then I would agree with it. I suppose the ugly green terraced amphitheater on citywalk lagoon would make a great dunkin doughnuts water slide and zip-line area or perhaps a DisneyQuest style attraction would fit nicely on Hard Rock Hotel Island. There are tons of unused mini-lands within the resort. :wave:

It actually wasn't 100% snarky. I did kinda enjoy the old set up. I didn't think anything needed to put in there. But at the same time, I think the resort is better off overall for it.

:rofl: I mean, seriously. I thought everyone likes mini golf.

Ahem. Pardon the interruption, but did you just say you hate the shore? :boxing: Come at me, bro! :lol:

Yeah I might of been a little harsh, let me rephrase. I hate Jersey and everything about it :lol: Seriously though I have driven to almost every corner of this country and to this day nothing has been as bad as the state of NJ. Oh and the smell, good god! I mean you know your state is having a tough time when it has a smell once you cross the border... :pound:

Reactions: jtsalien
Hey now. Be nice to Jersey. They can clean up their air. It's doable. Chattanooga used to be the dirtiest city in the country, and now it's one of the greenest.

Okay yes that was more of a shameless advertisement for my hometown but it's true!

Well, for those of us comparing the old to the new, ParkRumors posted this aerial comparison of the former green space to the mini-golf course:

Golf.jpg

We’ll start off in CityWalk, where the Hollywood Drive-In Golf course is set to open by the end of this month. You can see how much this is changing the area underneath the moving walkways into CityWalk in these comparison photos from 2011 and 2012.

For those knocking the mini-golf, a huge :rolleyes: to you. I'll be spending 1-2 more hours, and about 20 more dollars, just about every other time I'm in CityWalk. The idea is genius and man I wish it was ready for my trip this weekend.

It was nice to have that zen green space, but this is going to give Universal another boost, so I'm cool with it. Anyways, as we've seen, they're putting a lot of plants and green back in there :thumbs: But I totally see your point, Teebin.

Well, for those of us comparing the old to the new, ParkRumors posted this aerial comparison of the former green space to the mini-golf course:

Golf.jpg

I wanna see an aerial pic once all the green is in. This isn't doing it any justice. It looks like a brown mess at that stage.

When I stayed on site and the park closed early there was nothing to do there that didn't involve drinking, now there is something to do. Will I play everytime no, but I will try it out once (in October) and I will see if it is worth a return visit.
I think its a great use of the space.

While the green space was nice, I feel that this use for the resort as a whole is a net win! Once all the foliage is added we will see just how green it is. But regardless of that fact, Universal has been giving business to I-Drive attractions like Congo River Golf, Magical Midway, Fun Spot, Gator Golf etc because they don't have anything to keep busy teens occupied after the parks close in the evenings. With the Mini Golf, Movie Theater, and Teen Night at The Groove hopefully CityWalk can cement itself as a great place for young adults to be "hip and cool."

I know I myself cannot wait to try out this course. The fountain btw SPINS! So I can't wait to see what other props are animated.