Hollywood Drive-In Mini Golf | Page 28 | Inside Universal Forums

Hollywood Drive-In Mini Golf

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
A whole bunch of pictures from yesterday . . .

MiniGolf-093.jpg

MiniGolf-094.jpg

MiniGolf-095.jpg

MiniGolf-096.jpg

MiniGolf-097.jpg

MiniGolf-098.jpg

MiniGolf-099.jpg

MiniGolf-100.jpg

MiniGolf-101.jpg

MiniGolf-102.jpg

MiniGolf-103.jpg

MiniGolf-104.jpg

MiniGolf-105.jpg

MiniGolf-106.jpg

MiniGolf-107.jpg

MiniGolf-108.jpg

MiniGolf-109.jpg

MiniGolf-110.jpg

MiniGolf-111.jpg

MiniGolf-112.jpg

MiniGolf-113.jpg

MiniGolf-114.jpg

MiniGolf-115.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Man, not only is this going to be a pretty good money-bringer, but it's gonna make it that much cooler to trek over to the resort. Something to look at from the moving walkways other than the street.

Great update! I saw tonight that they were testing the lights for the large robot. As expected, they're red LEDs that blink.

Also, what ever happened to the alleged berming that Universal planned on doing...? I'm guessing the fence was the cheaper alternative. Still, it was announced by a team member...

Last edited:
Great update! I saw tonight that they were testing the lights for the large robot. As expected, they're red LEDs that blink.

Also, what ever happened to the alleged berming that Universal planned on doing...? I'm guessing the fence was the cheaper alternative. Still, it was announced by a team member...

I believe I have a photo on my site (link was posted earlier... so I don't think it's against rules to post now)

There is a UFO under the moving walkway, and we see the LEDs were turned on at the time I took that photo... appears to be beaming to me.

Oh, I meant berming. That's like a raised barrier of land and foliage to keep the theming and noise (and golf balls...) inside. :lol:

Still, I haven't seen that UFO. Very interesting!

Oh, I meant berming. That's like a raised barrier of land and foliage to keep the theming and noise (and golf balls...) inside. :lol:

Still, I haven't seen that UFO. Very interesting!

*makes appointment to get new glasses and cleans monitor* :look:

I bet they will end up having to add a net over that fence facing universal boulevard due to golf balls...

Can I just say that I think they could have put something in that would be way more fun or entertaining than a stupid mini golf course. I know its themed to the drive-in movie theaters but they could of put in something else that is better than a dumb little mini golf course.

Avada Kedavra /*************

*makes appointment to get new glasses and cleans monitor* :look:

I bet they will end up having to add a net over that fence facing universal boulevard due to golf balls...

It bet you're right! Every time I go to miniature golf I always either lose my golf ball in the water or hit it across the road into the street.

Anyone else liking the 50's TV obstacle? I think it fits the atmosphere of the course perfectly.

Can I just say that I think they could have put something in that would be way more fun or entertaining than a stupid mini golf course. I know its themed to the drive-in movie theaters but they could of put in something else that is better than a dumb little mini golf course.

You don't think mini golf is fun?! You cold, heartless little..

LOLWHUT

What else did you want?

so taking empty and unused space since city walk was developed in 1998 and turning it into a new two course mini golf adventure is bad? should we just turn it into mulch and seed?

COMPLETELY AGREE. They totally could have fit a water park in there. :lol:

Last edited:
Reactions: figment1986
so taking empty and unused space since city walk was developed in 1998 and turning it into a new two course mini golf adventure is bad? should we just turn it into mulch and seed?

Perhaps what was there wasn't so bad. In design it is called white space or green space... somewhere to rest your eyes. Now the first thing you see at Universal is the Jersey Shore.