Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit | Page 82 | Inside Universal Forums

Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
On a side note.

Being that a major element of this ride is music, I would have thought Universal would have gone with Bose speakers in the queue.

Well, Bose is more musicy, but Peavey is definitely more ROCK-N-ROLLL!!!!!

DISCLAIMER: I really have no idea what brand of speakers they actually used. Peavey just seemed to complete the joke.

On a side note.

Being that a major element of this ride is music, I would have thought Universal would have gone with Bose speakers in the queue.

Better Off with Something Else?

Bose systems do sound great, but they are so overpriced for such little speakers with such a short life span :(. The wear and tear is awful. They'd be ruined in the first year most definitely.

I don't have any idea what speakers UO used in the ride though. I'm a big fan of JBL, Boston and B&W.

Come on now, lets give them some slack this is a new thing. I mean new coasters ahve issues, Top Thrill Dragster, Kingda Ka, that original flying coaster, not the B&M version I have heard no issues out of those ( I could be wrong but none I heard of) I mean I bet the people over at Sea World are really happy with Rockitt.

Top Thrill Dragster STILL doesn't work... I was there one weekend and it maybe worked for 4 hours in those 2 days.

Top Thrill Dragster STILL doesn't work... I was there one weekend and it maybe worked for 4 hours in those 2 days.

I've been to Cedar Point 4 times and Top Thrill Dragster was open every single time I went.

Kingda Ka was closed for quite a while this summer, though. I don't like that coaster anyways so no loss there ^_^ and it's not because Dragster came first. The only reason I even will wait in line for Dragster is the fact that it only uses a lap bar.

I finally made it onto HRRR today. The sign said it was a 90 minute wait, but it was more like an hour including time for technical difficulties. That was with three trains running.

Incredible coaster that I need to ride again ASAP.

I finally made it onto HRRR today. The sign said it was a 90 minute wait, but it was more like an hour including time for technical difficulties. That was with three trains running.

Incredible coaster that I need to ride again ASAP.

Glad to hear you liked it dude! It's a great ride. :thumbs:

Finally going to get it to check it out tomorrow...:happy:CAN't WAIT!!!!!!:bonk:

I'm sure you'd already plan for this, but I'd certainly get to it early just in case it ends up down from technical difficulties... It definitely still has a lot of growing pains as it continues through its soft opening period. :)

Agreed, it was actually down for technical difficulties when I got to the park today, after trips on Mummy, MIB and the front row of Hulk, it was up and running.