Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit | Page 89 | Inside Universal Forums

Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
A co-worker was asking me if Rockit had express open and I couldn't say for sure. I've ridden it once and am not looking to wait 120 min lately so I haven't been over by the entrance for a while.
Is it yet?

I've been hearing rumors about not giving Rockit Express access until sometime next year. :( These rumors could just be someone giving me crap and it could happen soon, we just don't know yet.

Rode Rockit today and waited 15 min in the Single Rider line. My song of choice was "I want you back" by the Jackson 5 :). I did notice that they added row markers.

photo1.jpg

15 mins? nice!

did you happen to notice what the regular line wait was?

cause i've been thinking of trying to get up there on an afternoon on a weekday that's a school day, hoping the wait would be shorter, but am not sure if it's worth it!

15 mins? nice!

did you happen to notice what the regular line wait was?

cause i've been thinking of trying to get up there on an afternoon on a weekday that's a school day, hoping the wait would be shorter, but am not sure if it's worth it!

It was 30 minutes. Any non-HHN day is a good time to head to Universal. :thumbs:

A co-worker was asking me if Rockit had express open and I couldn't say for sure. I've ridden it once and am not looking to wait 120 min lately so I haven't been over by the entrance for a while.
Is it yet?
Asked the attendant on Saturday morn and he indicated there was no express pass as of yet (obviously!) and said he did not know when it would be offered to riders. I asked him if they would EVER:bonk: have it (My Premier Pass turns into express pass @ 4:00) and he said eventually, whatever that means.:shrug:

I talked to 4 different guest services people today concerning HRRR and HHN. they all said the same thing, that it will not be open to HHN patrons at all for the entire duration of HHN because "they want people to focus more on HHN (ie haunted houses,scares zones, shows etc) instead of HRRR.

any thought? we had already purchased tickets to HHN and were pretty pumped to ride HRRR (we actually could have ridden it when it opened but chose to wait til HHN). needless to say this is a really big let down for us.

u guys think their explanation sounds legit?

I talked to 4 different guest services people today concerning HRRR and HHN. they all said the same thing, that it will not be open to HHN patrons at all for the entire duration of HHN because "they want people to focus more on HHN (ie haunted houses,scares zones, shows etc) instead of HRRR.

any thought? we had already purchased tickets to HHN and were pretty pumped to ride HRRR (we actually could have ridden it when it opened but chose to wait til HHN). needless to say this is a really big let down for us.

u guys think their explanation sounds legit?

I think it's all just a huge screwup. I remember saying right when Rockit was announced that I really hope this doesn't mess with HHN, and while it's not messing with the houses and everything, what's the point of having this big ass roller coaster that appeals to the demographic coming in and not letting it operate? It just seems beyond stupid.

They've handled it poorly. I wouldn't mind taking alternate routes to the houses if it meant Rockit would be open. Some people only come to Universal during HHN and won't be able to ride Rockit now? Simpsons was open last year... Mummy is always open.. I don't know. I think it's all stupid as hell.

First off I rode rockitt a total of 5 times while I was the park once on Wed Sept 30 and 4 times on Oct 1st. Fun ride like the seats and the sound, good air time but I might wait 20 minutes to ride it after riding it.

I saw them run trains most of the night at HHN no one was in it but they were running them. So they may be working on some other issues. I Think there is a line issue with rockitt and the houses is why there not running it during the event. I think they are worried about line jumping and such. Rockitt is there all day every day just go in and do the park and do a stay and scream. I rode rockitt 3 times from 9 till 930 in the morning. At HHN you would be lucky to get in more then 1 ride at night.

It's a bad move on Universal's part in my opinion. I think that they may be worried that to many people will wait in line for Rockit' instead of houses. which really isn't that bad for people who want to see the houses and I really don't know why it would be bad for Universal.

The decision to not have HRRR open is not one of it drawing people away from HHN items; it is due to a list of reasons; but none have to do with drawing people away from houses.

I posted this in the HHN thread, but it makes more sense here.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's my speculation on why Rockit won't be running during HHN:

Nighttime rides is the last thing this coaster has going for it. Everyone is dying to ride it at night. I think they're going to save that experience for whenever it finally has it's official Grand Opening Party.

(I'm one of the lucky few who had a night ride!)

Thoughts?

I think it's all just a huge screwup. I remember saying right when Rockit was announced that I really hope this doesn't mess with HHN, and while it's not messing with the houses and everything, what's the point of having this big ass roller coaster that appeals to the demographic coming in and not letting it operate? It just seems beyond stupid.

They've handled it poorly. I wouldn't mind taking alternate routes to the houses if it meant Rockit would be open. Some people only come to Universal during HHN and won't be able to ride Rockit now? Simpsons was open last year... Mummy is always open.. I don't know. I think it's all stupid as hell.

Agreed strongly. But as I've said on the vault, think of HRRR at HHN as a formal shirt that needs to be ironed out,............ Very vigorusly. :rolleyes:

This whole problem can be fixed, and is a failure now, by next year it will. Somethings this year are failed with it, I have a connotative look on the horizon of Ripping, Riding, and Rocking at HHN....... Just as soon as those damn rough trains get fixed.

I finally got a new AP to get out to the parks. :happy: :thumbs: :lol: :worship: and today I hit up the Rockit and I gotta say it's pretty good.

My Review:

The good - I thought the idea of what you were doing riding the rollercoaster was a weak but plausible excuse. That first drop from the lift is amazing and nearly the entire ride was great. The music choice was good. A lot of variety the offered something for everyone and the songs go great with ride.

The Bad - That last little thing you do at the end just before the final brake is lame and should not be honored with the name "First ever move" like the promo video said. The lap bars are way to hard to move and I'm sorta mixed on the seats. I rode it twice the first time I rode it I felt quite comfy the next time my seat felt like it was made for an obese man with really long legs. The queue (although well done) needs to be re-thought. The "Single Rider" line that almost always applies to me is 5 times longer of a wait than the regular line. the normal wait was 30 minutes and I got a locker and waited long enough to have to pay $3.00 to get my stuff back. :'( It's by far the roughest steel coaster I've ever ridden.

All that said it is a great new addition that I hope will stick around for a long long time. 8/10

here's some photos I took:
HollywoodRipRideRockit2.jpg

HollywoodRipRideRockit15.jpg

HollywoodRipRideRockit26.jpg

HollywoodRipRideRockit12.jpg

HollywoodRipRideRockit9.jpg

HollywoodRipRideRockit4.jpg

And I'd swear this girl's voice is done by Grey Delisle:
HollywoodRipRideRockit28.jpg