Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit | Page 116 | Inside Universal Forums

Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I have ridden Manta in the rain (sprinkling). It wasn't that bad. I've also ridden Hulk in the rain (2007). I don't recall feeling any pain.

I've never ridden a coaster when it's really sprinkling. I know it's painful from what I've heard.

I recall that it just stops. That was the major problem I had with the ride itself was that the music just ends abruptly.

Yeah, the music just stops. I remember that from my ride in January.

Last edited:
You should hang around the flood lights underneath the tower around Labor day... the whole area gets a "fried bug guts" smell to it that I swear they don't clean out until the park's closed during the week for Halloweekends.

Well I'm glad that I've never been there for Halloweekends. I've been to CP twice, both in the early summer. But yeah just the feeling of getting shot with an automatic airsoft gun in the morning is just thrilling.

Mist wouldn't really fit in yeah you are 'crashing' through a building but i think it would be a bit weird.......

No, plus I feel like the track would end up like Hulk's and the LED system under the car would be messed with if exposed to too much moisture.

i rode this ride twice today. I love it. Its become one my new favorite attractions at universal.

I have pics, ill post them later

It's my favorite ride in the Orlando area. It's also very photogenic. Please post those pictures!

I have a quick question. Does anybody know when they are going to open the express queue? My cousin is going and he wants to know when it will be open.

No one is quite sure as of right now. The only rumored opening time is when TWWoHP opens but even that's not confirmed. Chances are, we will find out when it is open when someone reports back saying it was open during their trip. It is basically like soft openings, we aren't going to get a heads up.

No one is quite sure as of right now. The only rumored opening time is when TWWoHP opens but even that's not confirmed. Chances are, we will find out when it is open when someone reports back saying it was open during their trip. It is basically like soft openings, we aren't going to get a heads up.

Thank you. Maybe a possibility of spring break. But until then, we will have to wait.

from wednesday:

dsc00558n.jpg

dsc00555aw.jpg

dsc00543b.jpg

dsc00542mn.jpg

dsc00541o.jpg

dsc00540q.jpg

dsc00542ac.jpg

Reactions: mantaguy
Wow. I know I have been hard on this ride in the past but I had hoped they had finally moved away from this. And now back to this stuff.

Early April Fools joke?

Its not supposed to be a common occurance for a well designed coaster. A coaster should never be on the brink of working with gravity, even with wind factored in. There have not been any 'high winds' either.

Seems like Rockit is having more issues.. it valleyed today at about 2pm and will be closed for the remainder of the day.

:violin:

Coasters valley. It happens. If I had a nickel for every time Kingda Ka, Top Thrill Dragster, or any other coaster vallied, I'd have a toilet made of gold.

I remember hearing that back in 2006, Riddler's Revenge valleyed. Back when it was testing, Expedition Everest valleyed (I think). Top Thrill Dragster and Kingda Ka valley frequently. In 2008, during testing, Behemoth at Canada's Wonderland valleyed (it was on purpose though). Also, in early 2009, Nitro at Six Flags Great Adventure valleyed. In late 2009, Carolina Cobra at Carowinds valleyed.

I agree with you.

Last edited: