Horror Movies Thread | Page 40 | Inside Universal Forums

Horror Movies Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Which one is yours lol :lmao:

I hate found footage movies because I get vertigo. I will never rewatch trollhunter because of the fart scene lol,
Whatever interest I have in watching Rob Zombie’s Halloween is massively killed by the mere notion that Rob thought it was a good idea to give Michael Myers out of all slashers a sympathetic backstory. It’s swear it’s part of a certain trend I see in films (think of the Maleficent/Cruella/Joker movies) in that they take something simple and effective and just add a bunch of unnecessary junk for no real reason.

What's frustrating about Exorcist Believer is that DGG is so obviously better and more assured as a director than most of the people doing it now and the movie makes genuinely brave choices and yet the movie's still only about 60% good.

The "menstruation" scene was stunning as something that the movie chose to include but looks corny in the finished film. The angle is just weird. Was pretty surprised too by the decision to make the main motif cruel, unfair choices a la the story of Job + the narrative decision to kill one of the girls, but neither of those push far enough into discomfort to be memorable. DGG might just be too nice to make an Exorcist movie.

Wish we got to see the reshoot version. Oh well, thems the breaks!

Last edited:
Reactions: belloq87
Whatever interest I have in watching Rob Zombie’s Halloween is massively killed by the mere notion that Rob thought it was a good idea to give Michael Myers out of all slashers a sympathetic backstory. It’s swear it’s part of a certain trend I see in films (think of the Maleficent/Cruella/Joker movies) in that they take something simple and effective and just add a bunch of unnecessary junk for no real reason.

He basically made Michael Myers into Jason voorhees kind of, in the sense that he kept seeing his mom and was bullied, yeah.
There's this old quote rob zombie said before Texas chainsaw remake came out where rob zombie said that he hated most remakes and that you should only remake bad movies to "fix them" and "fix their problems"
He said something like " the only movies that need a remake are the bad ones that need a better story" or something like that. ( there's a YouTube video that covers all of this)
Then he did what he did to Halloween lol.
I personally hate the trashy family and all the yelling at the beginning. And I hate how annoying he made Laurie.
He "fixed" things that never needed fixing.

In the end, I appreciate that he tried to do something different even if I don’t think the new direction works all that well.
I think the biggest problem was remaking the first movie but made it shorter. His first movie needed to be completely new. Just change it up.
That's why so many people preferred the second one

I saw, Saw X

None Spoilers, It has some interesting traps, like they are simple and just work well enough to feel like signature rooms for a Saw House/Maze. Tobin Bell is an actor I wish we saw more of in other films, while not like an amazing actor I feel like he just has a good screen presents and this film you get to see a lot of him, more then I think any other Saw film. It's a good time for Saw fans and need to rewatch Saw 2 and see which is really the second best Saw film in the series
The Twist of the "Villains" of the film putting Jigsaw in one of his own traps....for it to all be apart of his plan is so Saw and just a great twist. Saw has had some great twists in the back like Amanda being a spy, Jigsaw being in the room the entire time in the first film and also in Saw 2 when the kid was safe the entire time because the events on the video were tapped.

Reactions: Lucky Planet
Finally got around to watching Scream 4 and 5 (yeah I'm late to the party). I had to find an alternate way of watching Scream 4 because I don't have Starz lol. But I did like Scream 4 a lot. Thought the reveals were great and a little surprising even though they hinted at it the entire time :lol: .

Scream 5 tho..... it's overrated af imo. Didn't like the reveals or the killers themselves. Definitely my least favorite of the franchise so far. Still enjoyed it tho. I'll get around to watching Scream 6 eventually lol.

Scream 4 - 4/5
Scream 5 - 3/5

Reactions: Legacy
Finally got around to watching Scream 4 and 5 (yeah I'm late to the party). I had to find an alternate way of watching Scream 4 because I don't have Starz lol. But I did like Scream 4 a lot. Thought the reveals were great and a little surprising even though they hinted at it the entire time :lol: .

Scream 5 tho..... it's overrated af imo. Didn't like the reveals or the killers themselves. Definitely my least favorite of the franchise so far. Still enjoyed it tho. I'll get around to watching Scream 6 eventually lol.

Scream 4 - 4/5
Scream 5 - 3/5
I've always liked Scream 4, it felt like a really good reboot/sequel.

Scream 5 is fine, not bad just not as good as 4 or 6. I think 6 was an extremely fun time

Totally Killer was better when it was called Final Girls.

The main girl is such a whiny little 2014 tumblr character. Some of it was funny/cool, but Final Girls was much better and handled the whole *wow the 80's was different than now!* aesthetic much better.

• Wow

Scream 4 - 4/5
Scream 5 - 3/5

Scream 4 to me is the best scream sequel. I loved Emma in it. She was great.

Scream 5 to me. It's the worst scream sequel. Terrible villains

THE FINAL GIRLS is very good.

I'm still waiting on that sequel

Reactions: Legacy
Miramax lands the TV rights to the Halloween franchise

Last edited:
  • Wow
Miramax lands the TV rights to the Halloween franchise

Great, maybe it'll be yet ANOTHER timeline divergence that picks up arbitrarily from whatever point in the series they deem most profitable.

So, so, soooo over Michael Myers.

• Love
Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
So, so, soooo over Michael Myers.

It's so overdue for Jason to take over. In movies, at HHN, in regular pop culture etc. My boy Jason needs to have a triumphant return.
The return of the king.
I literally cannot, cannot wait for Jason to make his big comeback. Lawsuit is over. Writer strike is almost over. It's definitely time.