Horror Movies Thread | Page 41 | Inside Universal Forums

Horror Movies Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It's so overdue for Jason to take over. In movies, at HHN, in regular pop culture etc. My boy Jason needs to have a triumphant return.
The return of the king.
I literally cannot, cannot wait for Jason to make his big comeback. Lawsuit is over. Writer strike is almost over. It's definitely time.

I don't want it. I NEED IT. I need the animalistic, war machine back on the path of sweet, sweet destruction in Camp Crystal Lake. Please, I don't need to know how Pamela met Mr. Voorhees, I don't want to see young Jason getting bullied by kids at camp, I just want the mutant maniac mowing down any and everything in his path.

• Love
Reactions: Lucky Planet
Pretty sure they said a Friday the 13th show was in development for Peacock a while back. Whether or not it'll have a lot of Jason is yet to be seen.

• Sad
Pretty sure they said a Friday the 13th show was in development for Peacock a while back. Whether or not it'll have a lot of Jason is yet to be seen.

Already super tepid on the Peacock show. Supposedly being called 'Crystal Lake', I'm sure it'll center around the citizens of the town more than Jason, if it's not even a Bates Motel style prequel series set before Jason is even born.

It legitimately boggles my mind that someone can see a 12 entry franchise that, since its second installment, has always been about a grown hack and slash champion terrorizing people in the woods and decide "Yeah, we're totally going prequel route there!" I don't even want a TV show because if Jason is even in it I would bet they'd just sprinkle his appearances in over an entire season.

Give me 95 minutes of the mayhem. Turn him back into an unrelenting animal defending his land and do a few new things to keep it interesting (I've always loved the idea of someone escaping a Voorhees attack and stealing something of his - probably relating to Pamela - and forcing him to stomp into town and get it back would be such a fun idea. The S-Mart attack scene from Freddy vs. Jason vs. Ash in real life? Hell yes, please!). You do not need to overthink a new Friday movie, you just need to not muck it up. I'm sure they'll consider dragging Tommy Jarvis back as a legacy character but it should be so dang easy to write this sucker.

Already super tepid on the Peacock show. Supposedly being called 'Crystal Lake', I'm sure it'll center around the citizens of the town more than Jason, if it's not even a Bates Motel style prequel series set before Jason is even born.

It legitimately boggles my mind that someone can see a 12 entry franchise that, since its second installment, has always been about a grown hack and slash champion terrorizing people in the woods and decide "Yeah, we're totally going prequel route there!" I don't even want a TV show because if Jason is even in it I would bet they'd just sprinkle his appearances in over an entire season.

Give me 95 minutes of the mayhem. Turn him back into an unrelenting animal defending his land and do a few new things to keep it interesting (I've always loved the idea of someone escaping a Voorhees attack and stealing something of his - probably relating to Pamela - and forcing him to stomp into town and get it back would be such a fun idea. The S-Mart attack scene from Freddy vs. Jason vs. Ash in real life? Hell yes, please!). You do not need to overthink a new Friday movie, you just need to not muck it up. I'm sure they'll consider dragging Tommy Jarvis back as a legacy character but it should be so dang easy to write this sucker.

having the first season about kid jason and pamela working there could work,
i mean, have jason drown , and the season is about pamela killing those original counselors.
have the sheriff of the town play a big part. theres so much you can do... who is the law of crystal lake?
who owns the camp? are they hiding jason's disappearance to avoid bad press? is that why there was no search and rescue?
have pamela try to contact the news and they ignore her
have a rogue reporter investigate....
this LITERALLY writes itself.....

They cant make a Friday the 13th with masked Jason Voorhees unless they get permission, apparently.

That's weird. I heard that because the mask appeared on part 3 they didn't need permission of the writer of part 1. That's tricky then.

I wanted them to do JASON X- part 2 :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

having the first season about kid jason and pamela working there could work,
i mean, have jason drown , and the season is about pamela killing those original counselors.
have the sheriff of the town play a big part. theres so much you can do... who is the law of crystal lake?
who owns the camp? are they hiding jason's disappearance to avoid bad press? is that why there was no search and rescue?
have pamela try to contact the news and they ignore her
have a rogue reporter investigate....
this LITERALLY writes itself.....

Perry Cox Reaction GIF

Jason. Woods. Sharp Implements of Death. Creative Killings. A mostly likeable cast of younger protagonists. Some new or fun storybeats or gimmicks. 95 minutes. Done.

Literally all I want from a new Friday project. I love Jason Voorhees; not Pamela, not Jason as a child, not the history of Crystal Lake. Just. Give. Me. Jason. I legitimately wouldn't even bother with proposing Friday the 13th as a television series. It's a slasher franchise that has longevity because its antagonist is an undead, unkillable, animal of a mutant man that keeps coming back to defend his territory. It doesn't even lend itself to a prolonged 6-12 hour long format. There's never a mystery. You never have to figure out who the killer is. He's not a complex chacter. He doesn't have a character arc. He just is and once you step foot in his camp, you just aren't (alive).

Perry Cox Reaction GIF

Jason. Woods. Sharp Implements of Death. Creative Killings. A mostly likeable cast of younger protagonists. Some new or fun storybeats or gimmicks. 95 minutes. Done.

Literally all I want from a new Friday project. I love Jason Voorhees; not Pamela, not Jason as a child, not the history of Crystal Lake. Just. Give. Me. Jason. I legitimately wouldn't even bother with proposing Friday the 13th as a television series. It's a slasher franchise that has longevity because its antagonist is an undead, unkillable, animal of a mutant man that keeps coming back to defend his territory. It doesn't even lend itself to a prolonged 6-12 hour long format. There's never a mystery. You never have to figure out who the killer is. He's not a complex chacter. He doesn't have a character arc. He just is and once you step foot in his camp, you just aren't (alive).

I mean. Obviously I'm literally in your camp, that I want exactly the same. ( technically I just want Jason back in HHN) I think I care much more about Jason having a house, and a movie would bring him back.

The reason I said what I said it's because the guy doing the show jokes that if they get a season 10 of the show, it will be Jason X. In space
So, even if he's just joking, he's in the mind frame that the later seasons will be Jason.

And I'm also thinking that the show runners don't want to piss off the fans of Friday part 1 and fans of Pamela.
One of the biggest criticisms that the 2009 reboot got was not having enough Pamela. To this day people crap on that reboot for not having Pamela in it longer.
I think the show runners want to cover all bases.

• Wow
making an exorcist movie that's both too afraid to say anything and unwilling to use an overt creature in place of symbolism is a real recipe for... uh, exorcist believer, I guess.

And afraid to use too much religion....what's the point then lol.

Renny Harlin, director of the next three films of The Strangers franchise, is teasing that the trilogy opens up a whole new universe that could potentially lead to more installments in the future.

The Strangers is a psychological horror film that starred Liv Tyler and Scott Speedman and was released in 2008 about a couple that is terrorized by a trio of masked criminals. A sequel titled The Strangers: Prey at Night was released in 2018, following a similar storyline.

Harlin is now helming three new films that will all drop sometime in 2024 with The Strangers: Chapter 1 starring Madelaine Petsch and Froy Gutierrez. In a recent interview, Harlin hinted that the trilogy sets up a world where more stories could be set in the same universe.

“I definitely see more movies and it’s almost like – that’s why I don’t even call it a trilogy – I call it the first three movies of the Strangers Universe,” Harlin said in an interview with ComicBook. “And the way the third movie ends, if people thought that the original movie ended in a titillating way because Liv Tyler sort of gasps in the end of that. And you question, like, ‘Did she live, what happened?’ If you thought that was thought-provoking, I think that when the third movie ends, you are like, ‘Oh my God, what’s, what’s gonna happen now?'”

Harlin called The Strangers films “an exploration of what happens to a person mentally and physically” after being a “victim of incredible violance.”

“In the end of the third movie, you have more questions than answers and I definitely see a bunch of new movies coming after that, and just continuing her story,” Harlin added. “So instead of going the route of the original film and the sequel of it, the sequel was about the strangers attacking some other random people. Our focus is our central character and her journey and where she’s gonna go.”

‘The Strangers Trilogy’ Director Renny Harlin Teases The Beginning Of The “Strangers Universe” With Next Three Films

Pretty excited for this - although not sure how I feel about it being a trilogy. The 2008 original is one of my favorites.

Reactions: jseal777