House of Horrors Replacement | Page 17 | Inside Universal Forums

House of Horrors Replacement

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I don't it's overkill at all. If there's a demand for it, build it.

Heading in and out of the park for a drink is inconvienent, and I don't think most guests would take that route just for a Starbucks.

Yeah, I don't mind having another Starbucks in the park. I would view it as overkill if they were putting more than one location in the Upper Lot, but I think the distance from the entrance plaza of the Upper Lot to the Lower Lot Starbucks warrants a second location.

Reactions: Aaron and Alexshow.
We can agree to disagree. I'm a fan of Starbucks, but I think it's overkill, especially in a park that's tight on space. But it's not the worst thing in the world. Just annoying to see HoH being apparently replaced by Starbucks.

So basically, because there's a demand for a 3rd Starbucks because people are too lazy to walk anywhere for their sugary drinks, we're gonna do it. This is why America is fat and lazy, people. We just build new stuff instead of going to what's already available.

Personal rant aside, I really think it's a waste of precious space for yet another soon to be crowded Starbucks. And during the slow season, then what? You pay for more utilities and staffing to make a handful of drinks? What about product order? They work with a lot of perishables. You order too much, and during slow season you waste product throwing it away. Order too little and you end up slammed without the means to make more drinks until you send people to get more supply.

(I worked as a Starbucks barista for five years, in case anyone questions my insight into what goes into running a coffee place...)

Reactions: Allen The Actor
We can agree to disagree. I'm a fan of Starbucks, but I think it's overkill, especially in a park that's tight on space. But it's not the worst thing in the world. Just annoying to see HoH being apparently replaced by Starbucks.
Starbucks is part of the new complex replacing House of Horrors. It's not a direct replacement.

Reactions: William
Starbucks is part of the new complex replacing House of Horrors. It's not a direct replacement.
No, I get that. Doesn't feel any better. So...more miscellaneous shopping and Starbucks replacing an attraction. That's silly, and I wasn't even a fan of the attraction. I was hoping for a sit down restaurant. And the argument "well CityWalk is right around the corner" can be said about Starbucks too....I think a nice restaurant inside the park would've been wonderful. I just sincerely think that another Starbucks is overkill. There's not a "demand" for another one, it's just popular, but if customers want a cup of it, there's CityWalk and lower lot. I personally think that's more than enough.My biggest gripe with it is that it will be on a plot of land that could've been used in a different way.

Disneyland has one, DCA has one, and Downtown Disney has one. They're in different parks, so that's understandable. But two at USH? Overkill.

I put it this way. USH is really tight in space. The other current restaurant have long lines and seating gets crowded really quick. The Upper Lot gets absolutely jamed on peak days. Universal is trying to get restaurants that can be a get-and-go option. If you have too many people in one area of the park trying to get food, it causes a jam and irritates guests. With Starbucks, people can get their fraps and get out; they can walk around the park and enjoy their drinks therefore reducing the clutter. 

Reactions: Jon Fu
So basically, *insert rant*
I love ya....haha

Isn't this a contradiction?
No, it isn't, not really. I just meant that Starbucks is popular in general. But I don't believe there's a real DEMAND for another in park location. I don't think it's necessary. Especially since we're pressed for space. Yes, there's going to be great room for park expansion in the near future, but still, I would've preferred to have seen something completely different here...

I put it this way. USH is really tight in space. The other current restaurant have long lines and seating gets crowded really quick. The Upper Lot gets absolutely jamed on peak days. Universal is trying to get restaurants that can be a get-and-go option. If you have too many people in one area of the park trying to get food, it causes a jam and irritates guests. With Starbucks, people can get their fraps and get out; they can walk around the park and enjoy their drinks therefore reducing the clutter.
Ok, but a nice, more expensive, sit down restaurant wouldn't be for "everyone". They can even make it reservation based if need be. Universal has enough quick service restaurants. Disney is also all about quick service restaurants to get customers in and out, but they have a few nice sit down restaurants around as well. Can't just have all the good restaurants in CityWalk and Downtown Disney.

Ok, but a nice, more expensive, sit down restaurant wouldn't be for "everyone". They can even make it reservation based if need be. Universal has enough quick service restaurants. Disney is also all about quick service restaurants to get customers in and out, but they have a few nice sit down restaurants around as well. Can't just have all the good restaurants in CityWalk and Downtown Disney.
I think Springfield is quite enough; they have plenty of sit-down restaurants. 

Work is starting.

HollywoodDine_050815_1.jpg