House of the Dragon | Inside Universal Forums

House of the Dragon

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think this well benefit over GoT from being based on a smaller story, with a more limited (tho still interesting) cast of characters and most importantly an already written ending. There's a lot of interesting moments in the original story that basically only get a paragraph or two but could probably support half an episode if fleshed out.

Also full-grown dragon fights front and center from the beginning.

I hope it's good but they burnt me sooooo bad with GOT last few seasons. If its good cool but if not will not surprise me, the finale season's show they forgot everything that made GOT interesting and just made it another fantasy story

Reactions: SeventyOne
I hope it's good but they burnt me sooooo bad with GOT last few seasons. If its good cool but if not will not surprise me, the finale season's show they forgot everything that made GOT interesting and just made it another fantasy story

The benefit here is that the story--well, a loose outline of a story--is already completed. We have GRRM's complete vision, unlike GoT.

TDwvuO.gif

People are hyped for this....but i remember the last two season of GOT. So I'm still hoping its good but could go either way

People are hyped for this....but i remember the last two season of GOT. So I'm still hoping its good but could go either way

There's no question Benioff and Weiss checked out the last three seasons, were ready to go make Star Wars movies or whatever. Nice write-up in Hollywood Reporter how this show is from super-fans, GRRM is firmly on board again (he went so far as to mock B&W in one of the released chapters from Winds of Winter, he didn't seem to care for the ending either). It gives me hope when the creators respect the source material.

Sure but it’s ok to be skeptical and also I’m worried about the ending of this story

Who wants to get all invested just for the ending to suck… again

I think A Song of Ice and Fire fans are resigned to disappointment. I don't know of a single one who expects to read "A Dream of Spring" as written by GRRM.

People are so excited they forgot to post their thoughts, lol

Anyway like the new show no idea if it will be as good as the first (well the first half of the first GOT)

The set up is interesting and the new villain to me is pretty well done. The small counsel is the only thing that really feels the same in both shows but everything else going on feels like like its different enough to make for a interesting new story

I thought the first episode was really good. It was a pleasure to be back in Westeros.

And it was particularly nice to have "event" television that feels like an EVENT again. The Marvel and STAR WARS shows on Disney+ have been fun-ish (your mileage may vary on each individual project), but this series feels like it's on an entirely different budgetary and ambition scale.

I thought the first episode was really good. It was a pleasure to be back in Westeros.

And it was particularly nice to have "event" television that feels like an EVENT again. The Marvel and STAR WARS shows on Disney+ have been fun-ish (your mileage may vary on each individual project), but this series feels like it's on an entirely different budgetary and ambition scale.
Agreed

It would be hard to do in every series but for sure it would be nice for bigger things to be happening in TV shows...I guess Secret Invasion should finally do that but we will see

Really enjoyed the first episode. As someone who hopped on the Thrones train too late last time, it's great to be able to get in on the ground floor of this one.

Hopefully this season excites me enough to go watch the rest of the original version (never made it to the end once the world freaked out about how bad the last season was).