House of the Dragon | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

House of the Dragon

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Curious to know what everyone thought about that episode. A lot of people seem to like it, but I had a few problems with the way things were handled:

Criston Cole gets into a fight with Erryk over who gets to bring Aegon back to the Red Keep? Aegon makes it clear he doesn't want to be king, but then appears to fancy himself ruling after getting the Catspaw? Rhaenys interrupts the coronation to show she's on Team Rhaenyra, but doesn't attack anyone? None of it seemed to add up.

It felt like the franchise was again heading towards spectacle over writing. Hopefully they end on a solid note Sunday (which it might with the tease of the Battle at Storm's End).

Dagger represents his father's love/approval. Which is then only magnified by the love/approval of the crowd (in his mind, obviously it was forced). For the first time in his life he feels loved. Suddenly it's good to be the King.

As for the Queen that Never Was, she's not a kinslayer (the greatest sin in this universe), and as a mother who has lost both her children, doesn't feel right straight-up murdering Helena and her babies. Just like Ned Stark, her honor prevents discisive action that would have stopped the coming war before it began.

As for the Queen that Never Was, she's not a kinslayer (the greatest sin in this universe), and as a mother who has lost both her children, doesn't feel right straight-up murdering Helena and her babies. Just like Ned Stark, her honor prevents discisive action that would have stopped the coming war before it began.

Yet her honor didn't stop her from using her dragon to casually trample and kill probably dozens of commonfolk in that crowd! Ned Stark would have been appalled!

Reactions: SeventyOne
I liked the last two episodes....but man the ending. Like why even show that? She could have ended the war....and didn't to what? Save who? She knows war will kill thousands plus most of the families anyway...if you threaten my grandkids, I'll destroy you if i have the chance

I liked the last two episodes....but man the ending. Like why even show that? She could have ended the war....and didn't to what? Save who? She knows war will kill thousands plus most of the families anyway...if you threaten my grandkids, I'll destroy you if i have the chance"]
I guess because they are still her family. Life isn't always that clear cut.... and they want at least another 3 seasons out of this!

I liked Ep 9 and the CGI Dragons in this really look incredible.

Reactions: ghostsarejerks
The finale was another excellent hour of television.

It's going to feel like a very long wait for season two.

Agreed on both counts.

I've read that early 2024 is the likely release so looks like we are back to the later seasons of GOT season gaps of 18+ months :(

Reactions: belloq87
Loved it. After the missteps I felt were taken by last week's episode, this one was tightly-plotted and fired the starting pistol for an epic Season 2. Can't wait to see how everything unfolds. I just hope that once the action unfolds, the showrunner doesn't lose sight of the political drama this franchise is known for.

Now if you excuse me, I need to start scouring the web for some "Team Black" t-shirts.

Reactions: SeventyOne