House of the Dragon | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

House of the Dragon

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Regarding the new title sequence:

I thought it was interesting that they chose the re-use the same theme. Was a little disappointed not to hear Ramin Djawadi come up with something new, but if it ain't broke, don't fix it. As for the visuals, apparently each of the sigils represents different characters/periods of the Targaryen dynasty with the characters who are dead gushing blood. Will be curious to see if this evolves between episodes like the map in the original did.

I love have every king in GOT sucks in their own way

Like literally each one is too stupid to take any advice and even when warned how bad things will get if you do X...they still choose it anyway

I love have every king in GOT sucks in their own way

Like literally each one is too stupid to take any advice and even when warned how bad things will get if you do X...they still choose it anyway

And it's a shame, because of all the kings/queens we've seen between these two shows so far, Viserys seems like the most decent, normal human being by far. If only he were a bit smarter!

Reactions: SeventyOne
And it's a shame, because of all the kings/queens we've seen between these two shows so far, Viserys seems like the most decent, normal human being by far. If only he were a bit smarter!
I mean he killed his wife because he wanted a son and and is going to sleep with his daughters best friend.....he's a POS in his own way. Alogn with not caring about the people being affected by the Crap Pirate guy. He seems so scared of war that he allows bad things to happen. So not a fan of him but like his daughter a lot and would have fing taken the dragon riders to the beach and killed the pirates myself

I mean he killed his wife because he wanted a son and and is going to sleep with his daughters best friend.....he's a POS in his own way. Alogn with not caring about the people being affected by the Crap Pirate guy. He seems so scared of war that he allows bad things to happen. So not a fan of him but like his daughter a lot and would have fing taken the dragon riders to the beach and killed the pirates myself

I cut him some slack on basically all of that, especially when we compare him to the rulers we saw in GAME OF THRONES.

I cut him some slack on basically all of that, especially when we compare him to the rulers we saw in GAME OF THRONES.
Compared to others yes...but still a very very bad king

But thats what these shows are about...bad leadership leading to war and people dying

Compared to others yes...but still a very very bad king

But thats what these shows are about...bad leadership leading to war and people dying

That's sort of inherent in drama. A show about the peaceful, prosperous 40 years of Good King Jahahrys' (sp?) rule would be rather a dull affair. There's a ton of great WWII movies -- outside of various takes on Gatsby, not a lot about the 1920s.

Tho hopefully the success of HotD leads to a Dunk & Egg show that eventually reaches Egg being a good man as king and still screwing everything up.

The show has done a remarkable job of cherry-picking from the contradictory events in the book to tell a coherent, believable story that could easily have led to three differing accounts, depending on point of view.

Reactions: kristenabelle
Oooohhhkaay, that was definitely an episode and a half. An hour of television that just flew right by. Can't wait to see how the last 3 play out, especially episode 9 if they plan on matching GoT's track record of staging a major event in the penultimate episode of the season.

So while I do like the show, I wish it was told better

I just feel like GOT was like events as they happened and at times this show feels more like a history lesson.

The big thing I will give them is they really are setting up a war, where is is no good guys or bad buys just people fighting for power. Which many times is what war is, and sometimes like WW2 where we have a big bad everyone wants to talk down happens much less then we'd expect

I think eventually we will be getting to a point where there aren't big jumps in time (or if there are, they'll be much more infrequent), and events will play out in a single timeline for a while.
That is part of it, other parts of it are things seem rushed but also slow.

Like ohh this character is dead and everyone loved them, that can be done once or twice but it happens every other episode. I'm sad about X character dying, I don't even know them.

In GOT Ned is the first major character dead and him and most other's that follow we know pretty well. Like even the warrior character "he's good in battle" seeing character fight once (or never) which doesn't tell me much about them.

Core cast I like but while GOT slowly got me to love characters outside the main cast, this show seems to want to be like "ohhh well, can't spend time here more then an episode....another time skip come on"

It was a good episode and maybe now...for the love of god we can stop warping through time. Its happened 4 times now I'm pretty sure, lol

Curious to know what everyone thought about that episode. A lot of people seem to like it, but I had a few problems with the way things were handled:

Criston Cole gets into a fight with Erryk over who gets to bring Aegon back to the Red Keep? Aegon makes it clear he doesn't want to be king, but then appears to fancy himself ruling after getting the Catspaw? Rhaenys interrupts the coronation to show she's on Team Rhaenyra, but doesn't attack anyone? None of it seemed to add up.

It felt like the franchise was again heading towards spectacle over writing. Hopefully they end on a solid note Sunday (which it might with the tease of the Battle at Storm's End).

Curious to know what everyone thought about that episode. A lot of people seem to like it, but I had a few problems with the way things were handled:

Criston Cole gets into a fight with Erryk over who gets to bring Aegon back to the Red Keep? Aegon makes it clear he doesn't want to be king, but then appears to fancy himself ruling after getting the Catspaw? Rhaenys interrupts the coronation to show she's on Team Rhaenyra, but doesn't attack anyone? None of it seemed to add up.

It felt like the franchise was again heading towards spectacle over writing. Hopefully they end on a solid note Sunday (which it might with the tease of the Battle at Storm's End).

The Criston fight happened because both Alicent and Otto wanted to get to Aegon first in order to influence him into following their advice regarding what should happen with Rhaenyra and her kids. Otto would advise that they be murdered, whereas Alicent does not want it to come to that.