How Long Do You Spend in the Magic Kingdom? | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

How Long Do You Spend in the Magic Kingdom?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

How Long Do You Spend in the Magic Kingdom?

• Less than 3 hours.

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • 3 to 6 hours.

Votes: 10 28.6%
  • 6 to 9 hours.

Votes: 9 25.7%
  • 9 to 12 hours.

Votes: 14 40.0%

• Total voters
Aside from Stich, which isn't even a kiddie ride since it's a ride for no one, everything else can be equally enjoyed by everyone in Tomorrowland. I loved the Timekeeper too, but no one went to it. They wanted more butts in the seats and it worked. There is only one new meet and greet in the Expansion. Or am I wrong, I really am not sure. But isn't Belle and improvement of that storytime show. Even then, the idea is to make them into a whole experience. Something magical.

God I hate that word. Disney's spent way too much time saying they're magical in recent years and done less being magical.

I'd greatly disagree with everyone being able to enjoy Monsters. It's dull as dishwater, and most of the jokes are juvenile in nature. The 5 or 6 times I've seen it people only ever laugh at "That Guy". But even if it can be considered a "for everyone" attraction, it doesn't change that Tomorrowland has become Fantasyland east with Stitch, Monsters, Buzz(granted, I like Buzz), character's voices on the TTA, and the crappy Stitch stage and the joke of a "party" that's put on it. Tomorrowland used to have a sense of placemaking, theme, and story. Now it's nothing more than another example of Disney over-relying on characters.

A ride is being ripped out for a meet and greet, which is completely unacceptable. And I'd count Belle as a meet and greet. 2 prominent meet and greets, one taking away a real attraction for it.

God I hate that word. Disney's spent way too much time saying they're magical in recent years and done less being magical.

I'd greatly disagree with everyone being able to enjoy Monsters. It's dull as dishwater, and most of the jokes are juvenile in nature. The 5 or 6 times I've seen it people only ever laugh at "That Guy". But even if it can be considered a "for everyone" attraction, it doesn't change that Tomorrowland has become Fantasyland east with Stitch, Monsters, Buzz(granted, I like Buzz), character's voices on the TTA, and the crappy Stitch stage and the joke of a "party" that's put on it. Tomorrowland used to have a sense of placemaking, theme, and story. Now it's nothing more than another example of Disney over-relying on characters.

A ride is being ripped out for a meet and greet, which is completely unacceptable. And I'd count Belle as a meet and greet. 2 prominent meet and greets, one taking away a real attraction for it.

The problem with Monsters is that you can't have a mediocre or just a good show. It's great or it's terrible. There is no in between. I've almost fell asleep, and I've cried laughing. It depends on the crowd, and the actors doing the voice work. Buzz is a ride for everyone. I don't see how it can't be. Regardless, it is certainly better than the commercials that used to be in that building. Just because it has lost it's theme in some areas, doesn't make it Fantasyland. Even with the horrible story in Stitch, it makes sense in Tomorrowland. It's the facade that is the most intruding. Same with Buzz.

It sucks, but we're also gaining two more attractions. And I for one would much rather have all the princess meets contained in one area. It could end up being great like the new Mickey building.

The problem with Monsters is that you can't have a mediocre or just a good show. It's great or it's terrible. There is no in between. I've almost fell asleep, and I've cried laughing. It depends on the crowd, and the actors doing the voice work. Buzz is a ride for everyone. I don't see how it can't be. Regardless, it is certainly better than the commercials that used to be in that building. Just because it has lost it's theme in some areas, doesn't make it Fantasyland. Even with the horrible story in Stitch, it makes sense in Tomorrowland. It's the facade that is the most intruding. Same with Buzz.

I can it Fantasyland in the sense that it's basically completely been taken over by characters, which is not okay in my book, and it really killed the cohesiveness that Tomorrowland '94 brought to the area.

It sucks, but we're also gaining two more attractions. And I for one would much rather have all the princess meets contained in one area. It could end up being great like the new Mickey building.

A Meet and Greet is a Meet and Greet. None of them are "great". The new Mickey one is nice, and in my opinion Mickey is the only Meet and Greet that should have it's own marquee and a large building dedicated to it. The new Belle one and Princess Hall, along with the Fairies taking over the Veranda, are unacceptable. Ride/dining space shouldn't be sacrificed for Meet and Greets.

We'll just have to agree to disagree again :lol:. The MK has a lot of problems. Some very big ones too. But being a kiddie park is not one of them. Legoland is a kiddie park. MK is a family park.

We'll just have to agree to disagree again :lol:. The MK has a lot of problems. Some very big ones too. But being a kiddie park is not one of them. Legoland is a kiddie park. MK is a family park.

Yea, agree to disagree. MK USED to be a family park. Unfortunately the company has decided it wants it to be a kiddy park.

It's only a "kiddy park" if that's the way you choose to look at it. All of us are theme park junkies, we should know better then to classify a theme park's quality by the amount of rides it has. Disney has more class in their parks than any other company does, and that is a true fact. Disney goes the extra mile in things such as customer service, park matience, and those little things that make the Magic Kingdom so special. Wether or not you choose to rush through the parks and go straight to the same old stuff or actually enjoy all that the park has to offer, the Magic Kingdom is and always was a family park. Just because the company decides to change some things to include more of their up to date characters, does not mean any of their other classics or details have been watered down and should have to suffer being called a "kiddy park" because of it.

And just because you specifically don't like meet and greets does not mean that they are "unacceptable". Magic Kingdom is a family park and families have kids of all ages. If you haven't noticed, meet and greets are one of the biggest attractions in all Disney parks. Disney keeps their characters up to date and kids from all over the world know and recognize them. They look forward to being able to meet them in real life and when they do, it is going to be a memory that Disney has added to their childhood. And the wonderful thing about that is, when they grow up and have kids of their own, they are going to want them to experience the same memory that they have from their meet and greet, and the cycle starts over. And then you have the older people who come back time after time to meet the characters, because it has developed as one of the biggest attractions in Disney parks. Disney would not be trading a classic dark ride for a meet and greet if it didn't mean something to the guests. Say and think what you will, but Disney does have a certain wholesome quality still to this day, that other parks just do not have. You may not experience it, but in a single year over 16 million people do. And if they didn't, than Disney would not be as successful as they are now.

You can pick apart this post and have meaningless answers for all the true statements made, but you can't deny the real magic that Disney has.

Oh boy...

It's only a "kiddy park" if that's the way you choose to look at it. All of us are theme park junkies, we should know better then to classify a theme park's quality by the amount of rides it has. Disney has more class in their parks than any other company does, and that is a true fact. Disney goes the extra mile in things such as customer service, park matience, and those little things that make the Magic Kingdom so special.

ANd they've slipped in all of them. Disney USED to have more class in their parks than any other company did. No more. Their customer service is no better than Uni's, same with maintenance, and if anything, they do the little things worse.

And yes, MK has always been a FAMILY park. Meaning the entire family was the focus. That's not the case any more.

Mitchiez;200041And just because [B said:
you[/B] specifically don't like meet and greets does not mean that they are "unacceptable".

I said Meet and Greets taking over ride space and dining space is unacceptable, and it is. Meet and Greets have their place, but they aren't as headlining attractions.

If you haven't noticed, meet and greets are one of the biggest attractions in all Disney parks.

Nope. Not even close. The number of people that go through a meet and greet in a day pales in comparison to an attraction. People come to Disney for rides. Choosing to believe otherwise is putting the blinders on yourself. It's the reason why the Cinderella/Aurora meet and greet complex was taken out of the New Fantasyland plans. People don't come to the parks for fancy photo ops. They come for rides and shows.

Reactions: Obi Ubamba
They come for rides and shows.

If they wanted to get rides and shows they would go to a fair or a carnival. You know as much as all of us do, that the leading industry theme parks are more than just "rides and shows". Are you suggesting that if the Disney scrapped all of they have and leave nothing but an excessive amount of just rides and shows, they would be the most popular, and the most successful theme park company in the world? I understand that Disney has lost a lot of their jewels over the years, but you can't just ignore the rest of what Disney stands for. They'll never loose sight of what they believe in and if they did, than the Magic Kingdom would not be at the top. Make as many theories you want about how Disney is all just industrial, and they've only used cheap gimmicks to attract brainless tourists. There is much more to everything they do and everything they have done, that if anyone can call themselves "too old" for the Magic Kingdom... then they have not done their job. And for the past 40 years, I think business has been taken care of, and is going to become better with the expansion.

Oh, and if I'm sounding rude or indirect towards you.. I apologize. I don't mean to. And I also don't care if you don't find any magic while going to the Magic Kingdom. That just means one less person in my way at the park. :smiley:

If they wanted to get rides and shows they would go to a fair or a carnival. You know as much as all of us do, that the leading industry theme parks are more than just "rides and shows".

Obviously the theming is a necessary component, but I figured that went without saying. And I think people enjoy meet and greets, but people aren't attracted to Disney, or any theme park for that matter, for meet and greets.

Make as many theories you want about how Disney is all just industrial, and they've only used cheap gimmicks to attract brainless tourists. There is much more to everything they do and everything they have done, that if anyone can call themselves "too old" for the Magic Kingdom... then they have not done their job. And for the past 40 years, I think business has been taken care of, and is going to become better with the expansion.

Disney used to do that, yes. But they don't anymore. I'm sorry to say it, but this isn't the company it once was. You'd be amazed at the complete DISDAIN I've seen for the old ideas of the company and Walt within Magic Kingdom management, and I've been told stories about and had experiences with WDI that would sicken you.

Disney used to care about providing the greatest possible experience out there, and catering to ALL ages and groups of people. But they've made it abundantly clear that they don't care about people without kids, and barely care about the parents of those kids. And no where is this more obvious than the Magic Kingdom.

Oh, and if I'm sounding rude or indirect towards you.. I apologize. I don't mean to. And I also don't care if you don't find any magic while going to the Magic Kingdom. That just means one less person in my way at the park. :smiley:

There are still places in the park that are special, but they've been decreasing year after year.

Obviously the theming is a necessary component, but I figured that went without saying. And I think people enjoy meet and greets, but people aren't attracted to Disney, or any theme park for that matter, for meet and greets.

Are you kidding? Meet and Greets are HUGE at WDW. MOST of the pictures I have from MK (WDW as a whole, actually) as a kid were with characters. Autograph books sell like hotcakes. The most booked dining on property are predominately character meet and greets (Chef Mickey's, CRT, Crystal Palace, Etc.).

It would be easier for me if I hadn't experienced Disneyland. :ears:

See, I wasn't very impressed by DL either time I visited.

Last edited:
I was impressed. :lol:

Well last time I went IaSW was down, Fant! Was down, parade didn't come out, Mattterhorn broke twice before I actually got to ride it, I waited over an hour for Indy WITH a Fastpass, and I heard Goofy, Pluto, Woody and Jessie talking to each other. And honestly, what I like about MK is that it envelopes you in all things Disney. DL mixed with Lucas and Spielberg elements is alienating (no pun intended). It just wasn't all it was hyped up to be.

Well last time I went IaSW was down, Fant! Was down, parade didn't come out, Mattterhorn broke twice before I actually got to ride it, I waited over an hour for Indy WITH a Fastpass, and I heard Goofy, Pluto, Woody and Jessie talking to each other. And honestly, what I like about MK is that it envelopes you in all things Disney. DL mixed with Lucas and Spielberg elements is alienating (no pun intended). It just wasn't all it was hyped up to be.

I didn't get to do Matterhorn since it was down for refurb, but I found all the rides to be superior to their Florida counterparts. Sadly, I couldn't do everything since I only had one day, but I will be going back next year.

As far as time spend in Magic Kingdom, it really depends. I can spend a few hours just taking photos and have a great time, or I can spend a whole day there. If I do spend the whole day, I don't rush everything. I just enjoy everything at a leisurely pace.

If I do spend the whole day, I don't rush everything. I just enjoy everything at a leisurely pace.

This is exactly what I do. I hate going to MK with people who literally run through the park trying to squeeze in everything they can, practically missing everything that makes the park such an amazing place to go to. Just slowly walking through all the lands looking at little details like a scavenger hunt, or lounging in the rocking chairs at Tom Sawyer's Island, having breakfast outside of the bakery on Main Street watching the Trolley Parade.

I usually spend over 12 hours starting from the moment I walk through the turnstile, before the park opens, to walking through the tired crowd after Wishes while the same night-time Main Street track plays over and over amongst the bright-lighted buildings.

I didn't get to do Matterhorn since it was down for refurb, but I found all the rides to be superior to their Florida counterparts. Sadly, I couldn't do everything since I only had one day, but I will be going back next year.

As far as time spend in Magic Kingdom, it really depends. I can spend a few hours just taking photos and have a great time, or I can spend a whole day there. If I do spend the whole day, I don't rush everything. I just enjoy everything at a leisurely pace.

MK's Haunted Mansion is better. More rooms. I did like their Nightmare version but I rode it again after and, since they have to readjust the lights and all, the lighting was bad after the change. I liked MK's Splash better, too. Tom Sawyer's Island is better than Pirate Island, and I still prefer SFtree house over Tarzan's. Their Pirates woops Mk's and their Space was definitely newer buuut MK has the original SM so that's something to be proud of. I know it sounds lame, but I did really like their train. I wish ours were that cool.

MK has the better Splash, Tom Sawyer, and Tree House. Pirates, Space Mountain, and IASW are much better at Disneyland. I can't chose between the Mansions though. But they're both great.

And most kids remember the characters not the rides. Parents don't tell their kids they're going to see the dolls at ISAW or ride Space Mountain. They tell their kids they're going to see Mickey Mouse.

MK's Haunted Mansion is better. More rooms. I did like their Nightmare version but I rode it again after and, since they have to readjust the lights and all, the lighting was bad after the change. I liked MK's Splash better, too. Tom Sawyer's Island is better than Pirate Island, and I still prefer SFtree house over Tarzan's. Their Pirates woops Mk's and their Space was definitely newer buuut MK has the original SM so that's something to be proud of. I know it sounds lame, but I did really like their train. I wish ours were that cool.

Actually, Mansion was the only one I preferred from Orlando. I didn't experience DL's Splash or the Island.

From what I've heard from people who have seen both versions of the Haunted Mansion, the WDW version is better. I know it is longer than the DL version. The WDW version also has the new Hitchhiking Ghosts which in my opinion are great. The only thing from the DL version that I heard is better than the WDW version is the exterior.