Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Howl-O-Scream 2015

He didn't leave, he was fired...The park's financial issues have started to bleed into staff..

In my opinion it was a huge mistake..."Let's fire the guy that manages our two most successful events"...logic

He wasn't "fired" his position was eliminated... his words from Halloween Extreme.
I have heard rumors about this year and they don't sound great, none that I will mention as HOS gets bad rep for nothing so I won't stoke those fires.

They are working on the event and the full team is still there, except Scott of course, so I expect no real drop off in the event from any creative sense. What marketing and corporate do is another story.

This has honestly been one of the worst houses from the event. I've been attending HOS since 2006 and this is one of my least favorite houses. I can distinctively notice recycled scenes and props from (Freaked) which was a superb clown house and (3rd Dementia) a past 3D house. I'm really hoping they step it up with something grand this year and not roaming zombies again...

Yikes, what a mess. Wasn't last year's Circus of Superstition advertised as "The Final Act" or something? And now we're doing "The Last Act?"

Not to mention yet another year of the gorgeous but rapidly aging Zombie Mortuary... are we getting *any* new houses? Is Blood Asylum the one going under the knife?

Personally, I think the houses should last no more than 3 years...but I've never really been so I can't judge. :lol:

As far as Circus goes, last year it was "The Show Must Go On"

Zombie Mortuary for a FIFTH year?? Its official. I'm not going. What's the point of even revealing these one-by-one?

Considering a good chunk of people were hoping Circus of Superstitions and Zombie Mortuary would be gone this year, yeah it's not looking good at the moment.

Right now, I think there's only going to be one new house to replace the Experiment since obviously the King Tut location is no more due to Cobra's Curse. Though the question is will the replacement be a regular house or a upcharge house?

As for the houses from last year that have yet to be confirmed on returning, we got Dead Fall and ZCU which debuted last year, Death Water Bayou which is currently two years old and Blood Asylum which is currently three years old and would be just as old as Circus of Superstition if it's revealed it's returning this year.

They cannot expect to get away with adding only one new attraction - and it also be an upcharge house.

It looks like they may only do one new house this year - replacing, if I had to guess at this point, Blood Asylum.

Revealing these one by one is silly. It's an embarrassing lineup.

They cannot expect to get away with adding only one new attraction - and it also be an upcharge house.

It looks like they may only do one new house this year - replacing, if I had to guess at this point, Blood Asylum.

Revealing these one by one is silly. It's an embarrassing lineup.

TBH I completely agree.
Every year I go to both HHN and HOS. And this year it looks like I'll only be hitting HHN.
Here's my opinion on the whole shebang.

1. Experiment - Yes, obviously there are relocation issues, however with budget cuts could it be returning in a different spot? Perhaps something in the location that once featured the ALONE house? Maybe an ALONE revamp. If it is true that Scott faught for these add-on houses it is very possible that we will get 7 free houses. Notice the seven slots on the HOS website.

2. Circus of Superstition - oh yeah, last year for sure. As much as I love this house and the theme, I'm getting bored. Maybe the last laugh will be larger to a bigger space from the Gwazi takedown?

3. Zombie Mortuary - reconfirmed, seriously? I'm getting tired of it. Maybe they'll integrate the ZCU15 system into it? Who knows.

4. Blood Asylum - If this isn't replaced, we have NO hope. It's terrible and dry and old. Get us something new and interesting already!!! Seriously.

5. Deadfall - I was extremely disappointed in this last year, little to no scares and our walk through was basically a line of people the entire way through. Enough standing that I had a friendly conversation with the woman in front of me the entire way through the house. Like seriously? If there's no revamp or something better I'll be disappointed but understanding.

6. ZCU15- god I hope something good comes out of this. Concept was great, execution was poor.

7. Death Water Bayou - I do love this house. One of my favorites. But I think it's theming goes well with the indigenous thing they've got going on.

If you haven't seen today's video on the new "house" they found Barried as the publicity stunt follow up, check Twitter.
Leads me to believe there will be a new house and it will be large.
But one new house would be extremely upsetting.

The video does mention it was found in a construction area, while laying foundation. If the location means anything, my guess is it will be near Cobras curse.

UPDATE: also, with the elimination of Scott's position rumors of the events at SEAWORLD Orlando and BGW could monotized. Everything being the same throughout all three parks with Howloscream events. This is likely, since all three have the same theme "unearthed". It is also possible that houses are switched between parks or ONE idea is sent out to all the parks to debut.

As the information comes it should get interesting.

Last edited:
^ Considering the Basement is in the location where Alone used to be, a new or relocated upcharge house is not happening in that spot.

^ Considering the Basement is in the location where Alone used to be, a new or relocated upcharge house is not happening in that spot.
Whoops, had the locations for blood asylum and the basement mixed up in my head...

On another note - how likely do you guys think a house using the gwazi queue is?
Also read some information (rumors) about ZCU15 being moved to the blood asylum location and expanded.

Whoops, had the locations for blood asylum and the basement mixed up in my head...

On another note - how likely do you guys think a house using the gwazi queue is?
Also read some information (rumors) about ZCU15 being moved to the blood asylum location and expanded.

How does one use a queue for a house? Having no knowledge whatsoever regarding anything HOS, I assume that it is not likely at all. Here's a question: Why couldn't they stop the Iceploration show and use that for a house?

How does one use a queue for a house? Having no knowledge whatsoever regarding anything HOS, I assume that it is not likely at all. Here's a question: Why couldn't they stop the Iceploration show and use that for a house?
LOL my words are off today.
I meant using the old gwazi queue for a queue for a house. I've seen quite a few things on it but I don't think it's probable.

The theater that houses Iceploration is massive and that is a very good point. However howloscream attractions usually don't interrupt day-to-day park activities so I don't think they'll use it.

LOL my words are off today.
I meant using the old gwazi queue for a queue for a house. I've seen quite a few things on it but I don't think it's probable.

The theater that houses Iceploration is massive and that is a very good point. However howloscream attractions usually don't interrupt day-to-day park activities so I don't think they'll use it.

Using a queue for a queue. Yes, that could be very possible, and something like that would be better than a fenced queue in a field or behind a warehouse.
To me at least, Sept. and Oct. are kind of the off-season for BG, and I think closing one of their shows for one month out of the year will upset people. Always have the Rhino Rally space at this point too.

Using a queue for a queue. Yes, that could be very possible, and something like that would be better than a fenced queue in a field or behind a warehouse.
To me at least, Sept. and Oct. are kind of the off-season for BG, and I think closing one of their shows for one month out of the year will upset people. Always have the Rhino Rally space at this point too.
Yeah, I agree.
I also read somewhere that the pictures for the "dig site" in part of the indigenous unearthed publicity stunt are just of the Cobras curse construction. However because of the way the theme seems to be setting up with unearthed and possibly buried sounds, it ties in quite nicely with the pharaohs curse that is supposed to be the back story for the new ride.
That being said it possible for the new house to help promote the new ride and be in that area.
Just my thoughts and conclusions though.