Human Rights, Horror Nights and the Theme Park Community | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

Human Rights, Horror Nights and the Theme Park Community

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I just read the thread. The only specific I saw mentioned was from HHN 25 and it was still more heresay.

What I did see was non stop intolerance, piling on and shaming for anyone that had an alternate opinion. Ive talked to many female scare actors. Ive never once had one bring up being assaulted. By the sounds of it, many in this thread just think looking at a girl or guy SA in a revealing costume is assault. Looking at an SA isnt assault. Someone brought up "Batricia" Both actresses that I saw play her when I was there were very good looking. I loved that scare zone and spent lots of rest time there. If "assault" was such a rampant issue, id have at least noticed something. All I saw were people taking selfies with her. People often gave her a lot of distance because she was on stilts and security was always nearby and doing their jobs.

Its people like yall that think everyone should share blame from the EXTREMELY RARE actions of a few drunk idiots. I once fell over avoiding walking into a SA that didnt see me in a house. Is SAs assaulting guests now an issue???

Actually, you know what, this post is so egregious that I am going to break it down by point by point. Refuting garbage like this matters.

First of all, hearsay, not heresay. If you're going to try to intellectualize your way through this, at least get the word right.

If you think any of that discussion amounted to intolerance, I am genuinely concerned about how you interact with others and behave in these environments. Nothing said was particularly controversial. What "alternate opinions," exactly, are you advocating for? Name them. Specifically. The fact that you are keeping up a vague "man Horror Nights shouldn't be politicized" front is telling.

I scare acted for five years. Women were assaulted every single night and at an observably higher rate than male-presenting performers. Assaults were especially common amongst characters that were obviously female presenting, and in many cases, those assaults were sexual in nature (i.e. grabbing for or striking sensitive areas). This is not up for debate. It is not hearsay. It's not rare. It is a known problem that led to Orlando finally installing camera security systems to better monitor and catch perpetrators. There's a reason Hollywood's event, which has unionized scare actors, requires the camera monitoring systems. It's to address and mitigate a thoroughly documented issue.

Willfully or not, you are engaging in confirmation bias. Just because you watched a particular scare actor for a set period of time and did not witness any issues does not mean that none happened. Just because you "talked to many female scare actors" and haven't heard of any problems doesn't mean they aren't happening to others. I can't believe I have to explain this to you. Hell, in this same spot in 2015, there were two extremely documented incidents in which two women - one playing Carrie, the other a Camp Crystal Lake counselor - both very publicly quit due to the repeated sexual harassment and assault they were experiencing. These are just two people who chose to come forward because they simply couldn't take it anymore.

Your fixation on thinking folks believe "looking" at a scare actor constitutes assault says more about you than it does anyone else. Leering at a scare actor is not assault, but it can absolutely be harassment and deeply unpleasant behavior that should be rejected.