Hurricane Irma | Page 17 | Inside Universal Forums

Hurricane Irma

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
  • Disney Bus Transportation will service Disney’s Animal Kingdom Park and Disney’s Hollywood Studios until 8 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 9
  • Disney Bus and Monorail Transportation will service Magic Kingdom Park, Epcot and Disney Springs until 10 p.m. on Saturday, Sept. 9
  • Friendship Boats will operate between International Gateway, Disney’s Hollywood Studios, Disney’s Yacht & Beach Club Resorts and Disney’s BoardWalk Resort until 3 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 9. At that time, the resort bus route will be activated for these areas.

Reactions: UK-Trigg
what are the roads like from Tampa to Orlando now?

I'd imagine they are getting snarled up with Tampa looking to get a battering.

Can anyone update?

If people are thinking of getting out I would say its now or never, I'm no expert but having watched a lot on the news over here I have a good grasp of things. Whatever you do guys stay safe and follow advice given by the authoritie where you can.
Check I-4 cameras. Not too bad right now
FL511
| Florida Traffic | Commuter Information

Reactions: Teebin and UK-Trigg
Just wanted to drop in from Maryland and say we are thinking about everyone in the path of Irma. We have family from Daytona and a friend from Lauderdale who evacuated. We know other folks riding it out and we are thinking about them and you all here on this forum. Be safe and keep us all posted when you can.

If you have kids- Disney is certainly the place to be. It's been great thus far.
Staff is EVERYWHERE. Practically begging to help and do stuff for you. Service is impeccable. We keep being over-appreciative to them and they almost always respond that they'd prefer to be here anyways.
Access to high end managers as well- met the general manager of the contemporary, food services manager, wave manager. All came by our table and introduced themselves. Pretty awesome in that regard.
We feel 110% at ease.

Movies all day in a conference room projector with free popcorn and water.

Characters and games all day for the next two days.

Arcades set to free play for next two days. I might have played in there for 3+ hrs already. My kids were somewhere in there (I think). Don't judge. :D

Ate at the wave tonight- normal menu, 30% off (DVC or AP). Lunch will be a buffet tomorrow- I'll let ya know how it is. Will be 10% off for DVC, 20% for AP.

I'll post more pics tomorrow of the going ons during a hurricane.
Again- thoughts and prayers to those local. We're all thinking about you guys.

Last edited: