Illumination presents Sing | Page 8 | Inside Universal Forums

Illumination presents Sing

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
What's the difference between "now that's what I call music" and the "sing soundtrack" again?
Nothing.

I can't believe this is an actual discussion. I mean... that soundtrack has the originality of a Disney dessert party.

Reactions: Nick
What's the difference between "now that's what I call music" and the "sing soundtrack" again?
Nothing.

I can't believe this is an actual discussion. I mean... that soundtrack has the originality of a Disney dessert party.
Hey! Those R2-D2 blue cupcakes are definitely probably maybe not the same as the Elsa Frozen ones...

Notice I said rarely, which is true

Some of the most famous and remembered films are jukebox musicals: White Christmas, Singing in the Rain, Yellow Submarine, Across the Universe, The Blues Brothers, Purple Rain, Moulin Rouge, heck one of the most famous shows on tv Glee was a jukebox musical. So its not rarely.

Some of the most famous and remembered films are jukebox musicals: White Christmas, Singing in the Rain, Yellow Submarine, Across the Universe, The Blues Brothers, Purple Rain, Moulin Rouge, heck one of the most famous shows on tv Glee was a jukebox musical. So its not rarely.
I said broadway, so that eliminates just about your whole list.

I get the point however. And if you take a nice good look at your list, almost everything you listed was put together with a cohesive theme in mind. "Animated American Idol" is hardly a cohesive theme.

Oh, and Glee as one of the most famous TV shows of all time? That's simply ludicrous. Glee certainly hit a key market that propelled many songs to sell, but that market was roughly 8-15 year olds (or females that were slightly out of that range) who had enough money on their itunes gift cards to buy the songs. Nobody else really cared much about it and I say that as someone who watched the show. By the later seasons, almost all of my friends had long quit watching it and the show's ratings seem to imply the same thing. Stellar first two seasons and then a huge drop off.

Last edited:
Reactions: frank_1991_
Has anyone seen any merch for this movie yet? I was at the parks yesterday and saw nothing, except for the SLOP photo booth inside KidZone that they repurposed for Sing.

The only merch I've seen for this movie anywhere was a single bin for plushes at a Toys R' Us. Which is odd, I could see merch of this movie selling gangbusters.

SING is at 403 Mil International while still having 5 majors, it hasn't opened in yet. The next markets are France on January 25, the UK on January 27, China on February 17, Russia on March 2 and Japan on March 17.

What the hell is that supposed to mean? Sing hasn't even been out for a month while Moana is nearing 2 months. It isn't like the sing a long version was announced 3 weeks after it got released.

If you really want to argue then, SING gave a massive free screening promotion in over 200 theatres before the film even came out and free screening daily in major cities until December 11. The number of tickets were around 40,000 free tickets for grabs just for the first saturday it came out and when did that start, same weekend Moana opened. So yes for the people who say the movie for free, they easily could have released a sing a long version to re-promote the film. You can even go back in this thread and verify as I posted the free screening information.
Illumination presents Sing | Page 4 | Orlando United Forums

And Comcast very much cares Disney Vs Universal in films. You forgot the very same people in charge at Universal tried to buy Disney back in 2004.

Comcast makes $54B bid for Disney - Feb. 18, 2004

If you really want to argue then, SING gave a massive free screening promotion in over 200 theatres before the film even came out and free screening daily in major cities until December 11. The number of tickets were around 40,000 free tickets for grabs just for the first saturday it came out and when did that start, same weekend Moana opened. So yes for the people who say the movie for free, they easily could have released a sing a long version to re-promote the film. You can even go back in this thread and verify as I posted the free screening information.
Illumination presents Sing | Page 4 | Orlando United Forums

And Comcast very much cares Disney Vs Universal in films. You forgot the very same people in charge at Universal tried to buy Disney back in 2004.

Comcast makes $54B bid for Disney - Feb. 18, 2004
40k people in big cities is only worth about $500-600k in box office receipts (maybe even less because of kids). Reviews were out since TIFF as well. You're making a mountain out of a molehill.

Can I just add that a Sing-a-long version for Sing would be rather pointless considering the small amount of original songs. For Moana, just like they did with Frozen, it makes much more sense.

Reactions: ThemeParks4Life
Can I just add that a Sing-a-long version for Sing would be rather pointless considering the small amount of original songs. For Moana, just like they did with Frozen, it makes much more sense.
Plus, all of Moana's songs are full-length numbers. The only songs in Sing that are sung in full are during the last 30 minutes, and they're songs people have known for years and even decades (which has been discussed in this thread not too long ago :lol: )

Comcast is a very petty company. Ever since they lost their hostile take over bid, they have stacked their ranks with folks that have an axe to grind with Disney. This isn't business, this is personal on a global scale. Only an idiot would not recognize that Comcast is absolutely intent on taking on Disney head on in the Destination Theme Park business.

Passion is always more deadly than business savvy for everyone involved. But the battle of arrogance vs. anger is highly entertaining for those paying attention.

Reactions: Joel
Comcast is a very petty company. Ever since they lost their hostile take over bid, they have stacked their ranks with folks that have an axe to grind with Disney. This isn't business, this is personal on a global scale. Only an idiot would not recognize that Comcast is absolutely intent on taking on Disney head on in the Destination Theme Park business.

Passion is always more deadly than business savvy for everyone involved. But the battle of arrogance vs. anger is highly entertaining for those paying attention.
No one in here has denied that yet; we're talking about the film division.