Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb | Page 213 | Inside Universal Forums

Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Hi guys, been following this thread for aggggges :) thanks to all of you posting pictures has certainly made the wait much easier!

I go on the 6th of September, I have everything crossed! Is it me or does the launch tube look like it needs another coat of paint? Still looks to have the old colour shining through to my eyes?

Jonny

Reactions: Macfr3ak
Hi guys, been following this thread for aggggges :) thanks to all of you posting pictures has certainly made the wait much easier!

I go on the 6th of September, I have everything crossed! Is it me or does the launch tube look like it needs another coat of paint? Still looks to have the old colour shining through to my eyes?

Jonny

Welcome! :wave:

I was thinking that myself. It looks ok but itself but when you compare it to the black accents near it, it looks like navy/green and already starting to look a little washed out.

Reactions: Macfr3ak
Are they trying two different looks? The shards look like they're temporarily attached.

Or multiple ride vehicles types and ride profiles they share the view from a certain avenger (one Cap America, Scarlet Witch, Black Widow, Hawkeye, Iron Man, Thor, etc) That way it has reridability and next level in uniqueness with multiple paths and tracks.

Reactions: chewbacca1995
If they could do it 25 years ago with Kongfrontation, then I don't see why not.

The only issue I see is the inertia created by those arms moving steel + humans through the air necessitates them (or the tracks they're on) to have extremely strong supports/footing/foundation. Think disco yeti

Jonny
I definitely notice it when looking at the tube from CityWalk. I remember when they first painted it they left it incomplete for few days (half was the new color and half was still purple) and you can absolutely still see the divide down the middle when looking from the back end. They have to repaint that.

YES!!! But make it go a little faster with some drops like Gringotts
That just screams a 54" height requirement and more nausea complaints than FJ during its initial months of operation :lol: I'd imagine Universal would want something between Spidey and Hulk in terms of height requirement and intensity. But I could be wrong since Doom has a 52" height requirement.

Or multiple ride vehicles types and ride profiles they share the view from a certain avenger (one Cap America, Scarlet Witch, Black Widow, Hawkeye, Iron Man, Thor, etc) That way it has reridability and next level in uniqueness with multiple paths and tracks.
:agree:
This would go well with GAs since everyone has their favorite MCU character. Customization of ride profiles would also make it unique because FJ has no distinction between 'magical bench' settings.

The suspended track also permits some dips and drops throughout without necessarily moving the KUKA arms in various directions.

Reactions: Joel
I've mentioned this before, but how about an interactive dark ride? Something trackless, with lots of ride profiles, AAs of aliens/bad guys, and they could advertise it as you joining the Avengers! Something like that would work perfectly for the IP, fill a niche not in MSHI (or even IOA) yet, give IOA another indoor ride, etc. Not to mention anyone would be able to ride it, which IOA also needs more of.

Reactions: anihilnation