Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb | Page 217 | Inside Universal Forums

Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Up until a couple of weeks ago they had July 22 up on their site so I wouldn't be booking a hotel based on that.
Yep. And before that July 1st was their estimate. I second Joe Camel's comment on not booking a hotel based on that. It might open before Sept. 1st, but then again it may not fully open until after that date. Up in the air right now.

Reactions: JoeCamel
I'm really looking forward to seeing the next few weeks as this project starts to wrap up, I usually pull the plug on a new project thread as softs start so as not to get spoilers, think I may well do the same with Hulk and stay spoiler free for the queue and the station.

Uni tooks a leaf out of walt's book on this one and plussed it big time.

Reactions: Mad Dog
I'm really looking forward to seeing the next few weeks as this project starts to wrap up, I usually pull the plug on a new project thread as softs start so as not to get spoilers, think I may well do the same with Hulk and stay spoiler free for the queue and the station.

Uni tooks a leaf out of walt's book on this one and plussed it big time.
Big time. It's really going to seem like a brand new attraction. I see a lot of excitement for this, maybe even more than a completely new coaster would generate.

Big time. It's really going to seem like a brand new attraction. I see a lot of excitement for this, maybe even more than a completely new coaster would generate.

That's an interesting point. I think with every new coaster, there is an anticipation of if its going to be good or not and Hulk already have a great reputation.

Reactions: Joel
Up until a couple of weeks ago they had July 22 up on their site so I wouldn't be booking a hotel based on that.
Or maybe it did open and we all just missed it. :D

Warm bodies have ridden it so the ride itself should be about good to go. The work being done now is just final details so we are very close. If there are effects in the launch tube I wonder if they are done yet.

Reactions: JoeCamel
what I am interested about is given the details we have, how is people being selected to try out general thaddeus ross's experiment going to tie in with an appearance for hulk himself, I'm just having a hard time filling in that gap.

what I am interested about is given the details we have, how is people being selected to try out general thaddeus ross's experiment going to tie in with an appearance for hulk himself, I'm just having a hard time filling in that gap.
People selected were tricked into visiting a phony theme park ride. Hulk hates phony theme park rides.

Just my theory. :)

Reactions: devinp267
Universal is sending out invites for the opening today, looking for 300+ people to attend the grand opening, early morning, similar to Kong...any other show due to be broadcast from UO soon? no dates have been given apart from the media invites which do and i dont have access to those :(

Last edited:
from the AP FB page
hulkap.png

Good question, i honestly have no idea! i know its around the 300 people mark "rent-a-crowd' and its pre-park opening but nothings been confirmed date wise, although a contact i have has said he was emailed directly today by media with a date, this month, but wouldnt confirm it exactly

*edit - by this month I mean August, doh

Just asked, Tuesday 16th August is the media date that was emailed today, although this was a mass email and this could just be a date for pre-shots of the ride and general footage.
One thing I find strange, early morning, maybe they need it to be dark to show off the lighting to relaunch the coaster. And opening it at 9/10pm isn't viable, what time does it stay dark till in the morning?
Makes sense to open it at 6am showing off the new lighting and have it open all day, as opposed to opening it at 9pm and closing it two hours later...