Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb | Page 233 | Inside Universal Forums

Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Rode today, agree the queue upgrades are nice but something that could have been done in 6 weeks. And I don't know if i got a bad train or what, but rode in the back and got head banged a lot (I mean, almost as much as the old Hulk) and could barely hear the music.

Rode today, agree the queue upgrades are nice but something that could have been done in 6 weeks. And I don't know if i got a bad train or what, but rode in the back and got head banged a lot (I mean, almost as much as the old Hulk) and could barely hear the music.

You think they could have done all that in 6 weeks? You do realize they rebuilt the track right? Universal is pretty quick, but that is insane speed to complete of project of that size.
Not sure how they can get rid of any head banging aspect of that type of ride. Maybe next time try to not sit in the back?

You think they could have done all that in 6 weeks? You do realize they rebuilt the track right? Universal is pretty quick, but that is insane speed to complete of project of that size.
Not sure how they can get rid of any head banging aspect of that type of ride. Maybe next time try to not sit in the back?
I meant the QUE could have been rebuilt in 6 weeks. I'm quite aware of the fact the whole ride was redone. Also, I have been on plenty of B&M coasters, new and old, and haven't had head banging. I expected as a new coaster it would at least be smoother than the old Hulk at the end of its existence (which, BTW, was quite smooth in 1999).

Possibly the Hamlet quote. Could imply that something is amiss at Universal Creative (or with Hulk, at least) if I'm remembering the context correctly, though I'd hate to be reading too much into it.

I have a feeling they had a time crunch. They were seeing the wait times creep up, and rushed it to deal with the crowd crunch. The original coaster was a much loved ride, we watched it being rebuilt, and everyone was expecting so much more than we could get in 11 months.

I meant the QUE could have been rebuilt in 6 weeks. I'm quite aware of the fact the whole ride was redone. Also, I have been on plenty of B&M coasters, new and old, and haven't had head banging. I expected as a new coaster it would at least be smoother than the old Hulk at the end of its existence (which, BTW, was quite smooth in 1999).

again, I don't see the amount of work being done in 6 weeks, even in the que. Things simply don't get done that fast. Not even 2 months? crazy IMO
The head banging, maybe it just isn't the ride for you? I have heard plenty of folks talk about how smooth it is. Not sure what more they can do to smooth it out. New track, new cars, what was different in 99?

again, I don't see the amount of work being done in 6 weeks, even in the que. Things simply don't get done that fast. Not even 2 months? crazy IMO
The head banging, maybe it just isn't the ride for you? I have heard plenty of folks talk about how smooth it is. Not sure what more they can do to smooth it out. New track, new cars, what was different in 99?
It's only smooth in the front, anywhere near the back and it bangs your head at some turns. I don't mind it so much as I didn't expect it from a brand new train and track build. And the queue really doesn't scream an 11 month referb. They basically just added lights and slightly changed already existing areas of the queue.

Well, there was something definitely not right. Ive ridden probably close to 1200 coasters in my time, and the back was as rough as it was at the end. Usually thats a wheel issue - either its not in solid enough, or its worn down. Since they are brand new I'm guessing there needs to be some adjustment on the wheel. And maybe its just the one car (they are using 3). All I know is it was rough for a brand new coaster back there. And do try not to be quite so snarky, thanks And what work in the queue? The structure remained the same. They took out the water in 3 tubes and made them DNA. They enclosed the big circular ring (which already had a smoke effect when it worked) added plasma tubes. Repainted. Thats pretty much it. The load platform had more LEDs added, and some side work done. I'm guessing most of the work went into new controls and stuff.

If they built hulk in 6weeks I know one m/f that would have been riding.. :thumbsdown:

It's only smooth in the front, anywhere near the back and it bangs your head at some turns. I don't mind it so much as I didn't expect it from a brand new train and track build. And the queue really doesn't scream an 11 month referb. They basically just added lights and slightly changed already existing areas of the queue.

I am amazed at the change in feeling about this. Last week, the lights were amazing, the statue was amazing, the dang lockers were amazing. Now? It's a horrible terrible no good ride with pathetic lighting. Poor Universal, all that time and money all wasted.

I am amazed at the change in feeling about this. Last week, the lights were amazing, the statue was amazing, the dang lockers were amazing. Now? It's a horrible terrible no good ride with pathetic lighting. Poor Universal, all that time and money all wasted.

Nobody had ridden last week?

So the queue is underwhelming? What the hell were they talking about then with the "completely redesigned" queue and new, original storyline? This project seemed so ambitious at first.

Reactions: captainmoch
...Honestly, I don't get the hate if you haven't even experienced it yet.

Sure, I won't be able to go on for a long time; but that doesn't mean that I don't admire it. They took the time necessary to add brand new features and changes that makes the ride albeit much more enjoyable, even as it seems like it was rushed.

I hope i'm the only one in saying this; because to me, people need to wait and ride the attraction before they make their own damned opinions. It's much like I said about the phones, enjoy the experience to the abilities that you can, and if you don't like it after that, all the power to you; you can say that in-person. Just make sure you rode the attraction in the first place, ok?

Reactions: Joel and Ashleigh