Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb

I've heard that their will be no more purple restraints will be black along with the new launch tube. To help with the new hulk look.

I'm kinda going to miss the queue...for the comic version I thought it was well done and I used to love when they had the music playing loud in there...really made it exciting to me....and I never was able to find a decent version of the music they play in the queue (and no, it isn't the same song that was on the IOA soundtrack)

I'm sure this has been posted elsewhere so do forgive me, what timeline are we looking at here if this is set to open with Kong?

Late April? Early May? Late May? Early June?

May or June is what has been shared with me behind closed doors. ON the other hand, things are a wee bit behind on the project recently. I will share that Nassal and VDL don't appear to be the culprits.

I'm kinda going to miss the queue...for the comic version I thought it was well done and I used to love when they had the music playing loud in there...really made it exciting to me....and I never was able to find a decent version of the music they play in the queue (and no, it isn't the same song that was on the IOA soundtrack)
I agree it was the only part that was themed lol. And as I stated in many threads before, I adore the comic style used in MSHI. I hope they don't give it a modern paint job and look, it's so much fun. If they did the launch cannon would just be a muted color cylinder. It would also stick out like a sort thumb to the rest of the island. Make it colorful universal, it's too iconic to change

Purple is going away from what I understand. But I'm honestly shocked it's going to take this long. I'm guessing it'll have a more industrial look.

Always cool to see Universal counter attacking Disney PR on new stuff. The Hulk was a nice preemptive strike. Definitely not coincidental. Any more firepower announcements coming to counter D23?

But if hulk is the only modern looking thing in MSU, can we expect everything to change aswell?

It seems like that's the plan in the long run.

REALLY excited for this. Hulk was my first "real" coaster 12 years ago and I've loved it ever since. Happy it's getting some needed TLC. Hoping for some details to see if what was told to me pans out. Nonetheless, this a great start to an exciting future for Marvel Superhero Island.

Always cool to see Universal counter attacking Disney PR on new stuff. The Hulk was a nice preemptive strike. Definitely not coincidental. Any more firepower announcements coming to counter D23?
What is the chance that Uni is saving an announcement depending on how big the WDW announcements are? Say, if all we get is Frozen, Avatar, and Toy Story Playland, then Universal announces something big to overshadow those. If Disney announces something bigger like Star Wars Land, Universal saves the announcement for later to not be overshadowed.

...With this announcement of The Hulk getting redone, DURING D23..its going to make somethings special. Lets watch how tomorrow goes as if DHS doesn't announce crap, I can see Universal upstaging Disney. If not and they announce a lot of DHS, then still..it will be interesting.

...With this announcement of The Hulk getting redone, DURING D23..its going to make somethings special. Lets watch how tomorrow goes as if DHS doesn't announce crap, I can see Universal upstaging Disney. If not and they announce a lot of DHS, then still..it will be interesting.

Doubt it...Uni most likely will be spending more time bragging about the success of Straight outta Compton which is tracking way over how much it was predicted to make this weekend already and already make back its production and marketing in a single weekend. D23 isn't just about the parks but also about films. Uni pulling a 1-2 hit on Disney (Parks doing well and Studio doing well) gives them more articles.

I could never make heads or tails of the original story anyway. Was the ride one of Banner's experiments, or were the team members/Project Gamma staff recreating an experiment using Banner's notes? Queue video suggests both but doesn't pin either of them down IIRC.

Now someone tell me I'm giving this way more thought than it deserves.