Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
"Enter the laboratories of Dr. Bruce Banner and marvel at the towering scientific machinery. As you approach his gamma-ray accelerator warning lights flash and sirens sound – something's gone terribly wrong with the experiment. Your surroundings go rushing by you in a blur as you feel yourself transformed into The Incredible Hulk"

That's the website's description, so i guess the story is you're test subjects and the experiment goes wrong. I never really gave the story much thought tbh.

"Enter the laboratories of Dr. Bruce Banner and marvel at the towering scientific machinery. As you approach his gamma-ray accelerator warning lights flash and sirens sound – something's gone terribly wrong with the experiment. Your surroundings go rushing by you in a blur as you feel yourself transformed into The Incredible Hulk"

That's the website's description, so i guess the story is you're test subjects and the experiment goes wrong. I never really gave the story much thought tbh.

I found a clip of what I've occasionally seen in the queue.
Banner: "This is Dr. Bruce Banner. If you can hear me, you've somehow gotten into my lab and, despite my warnings, intend to duplicate my experiments in the gamma tube. How can I convince you to turn back, before it's too late?"

So from that dialogue, it's clear that Banner doesn't want us in his lab, and he probably isn't in his lab (hence Project Gamma staff running the place), but then his voice in the launch tunnel makes no sense. But if Banner is supposed to be conducting the experiment in the launch tunnel, the queue dialogue doesn't make any sense either, since he would probably want us in his lab to be test subjects.

Again, I'm probably thinking wayyyyy too hard about this :lol:

Hugely excited for this. The upgrades are being tied into the general refurbishment of the attraction and preventative maintenance. My hope is that once this comes out of it's re-do it'll be the best overall coaster experience in Florida.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
Hugely excited for this. The upgrades are being tied into the general refurbishment of the attraction and preventative maintenance. My hope is that once this comes out of it's re-do it'll be the best overall coaster experience in Florida.
No matter what they do, it will never be my favorite coaster in Florida. They can theme it all they want, but I don't go on a coaster like that for theme, I go on it for thrill. My favorites reside at Busch and Sea World.

If they were reconfiguring the track, that would be one thing, but since they aren't, I can pretty much say my opinion won't change.

Last edited by a moderator:
Would really much rather have a new roller coaster but I get that space is an issue. I dont know, just seems like out of all the things wrong with the parks, the Hulk isn't a huge priority to get fixed right now. And I never thought it was rough either, which makes them replacing every piece of track seem like overkill. Oh well, can't complain because its not like we lost an expansion in place of this...I just don't get the hype.

I'm hoping they do something to make the second half of the ride more interesting. Add some props, run the track through some interiors or tunnels, etc. It's always been a pretty big weakness imo.

Would really much rather have a new roller coaster but I get that space is an issue. I dont know, just seems like out of all the things wrong with the parks, the Hulk isn't a huge priority to get fixed right now. And I never thought it was rough either, which makes them replacing every piece of track seem like overkill. Oh well, can't complain because its not like we lost an expansion in place of this...I just don't get the hype.

The definition of "rough" can vary, but I think most would agree that it's much less smooth than Dragons or Mummy.

Part of the hype of the announcement is evidence to the naysayers that Marvel is not leaving Islands of Adventure.

Having said that, the naysayers still exist. :lol:
So right. In the Niles hulk refurb article over at TPI, who's readership is heavy with pixie dusters, commentators were still questioning that this won't be the Hulk anymore & hoping WDW gets Marvel. Some real loops around those parts.

Back from non-Orlando theme park news (i.e. Cedar Point's 2016 coaster) and felt like sitting it out on here until these announcements were made. With that being said, I am extremely excited about the Hulk refurb! Really intrigued about the improvements to the ride vehicles, it's probably a long shot, but I would love to see floorless trains, or maybe new vest restraints? I had mixed feelings about those with GateKeeper and Wild Eagle, but hopefully those kinks have been worked out and we could see less head banging on the Hulk next year, especially in the 2nd half.

Something like Bizarro at SFGA? But with the "eh" vest restraints.
350_170.jpg
Credit: TPR

Something like Bizarro at SFGA? But with the "eh" vest restraints.

I actually rode this twice today, both in the front row. And the employees were talking about coasters and how much they loved the Hulk and I confirmed the operator's suspicion that the Hulk was indeed a B&M, too :lol:

Anyway, I know the load/unload process on Bizarro is painfully slow. How efficient is Kraken? As amazing as it is to sit front row on a floorless coaster, i don't think its worth the drop in riders/hour, especially since the change is hardly noticeable from the other rows, imo. Also, the speakers on Bizarro never worked and, I noticed today, were finally taken out completely. Im sure Universal would take better care of theirs if they decide to add them, but perhaps on-board audio isn't B&M's strong suit.