Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think floorless was someone's dream that kind of got swept up into a fury. I think we're looking at new restraints and some other cosmetic changes, maybe audio.

Getting back to the launch, wouldn't LIM on the lift hill be a challenge? I don't know of any other launched coasters that launch on a lift hill.

Maverick at Cedar Point and California Screamin at California Adventure come to mind immediately. Lightning Rod at Dollywood, opening next year, will have one. I'm sure there are others, though.

Maverick at Cedar Point and California Screamin at California Adventure come to mind immediately. Lightning Rod at Dollywood, opening next year, will have one. I'm sure there are others, though.

This one is flat launch, then you go up the hill

Reactions: mtpelepele
Boosters on the first hill, and LIMs pushing you up the second. I'll give you that those give you a sensation more like a lift chain than a launch, but still propelled by LIMs on the lift itself.

Last edited:
Reactions: AK-Jake
As for the argument between sit-down vs. floorless, I've included the closest pictures I could find quickly. The heartline of the riders would change by maybe 6-8 inches. I honestly think it would be less than the difference for a stand-up to floorless, I'm pretty sure less than the difference between the outside seats and inside seats on any type of train, and I'm quite sure less than the difference between a 54" (4'6") rider and a 6'6" rider. Will they go floorless? Who knows. Can they? Yeah, they could. Rougarou proves it can be done, and the heartline argument is pretty irrelevant.

compare.jpg

I see no reason to convert this to floorless.
I also very much dislike the new B&M restraints. I've ridden X-Flight, Wild Eagle, Manta, Superman Ultimate Flight(SFOG &SFGrAm), Tatsu, and Banshee and each and every ride was pretty uncomfortable for me. I'm 6'2" and 200 lbs so I'm no giant or anything. I just find them to be far less comfortable for me over the classic restraints.

I am hoping to see new effects and stuff added to the ride. The new queue sounds like a major plus over what's currently there.

I also very much dislike the new B&M restraints. I've ridden X-Flight, Wild Eagle, Manta, Superman Ultimate Flight(SFOG &SFGrAm), Tatsu, and Banshee and each and every ride was pretty uncomfortable for me. I'm 6'2" and 200 lbs so I'm no giant or anything. I just find them to be far less comfortable for me over the classic restraints.

I've never had a problem with the flying coaster restraints (Manta of course is my only flying coaster ridden) and wasn't bothered by GateKeeper or Wild Eagle's restraints until we were sitting on the brakes. The floorless thing is a pipe dream for me, as long as they come thru with ride vehicle improvements, both for onlookers and riders, then I'll be very pleased.

I am hoping to see new effects and stuff added to the ride. The new queue sounds like a major plus over what's currently there.

I'm there with you (6'1" and 195) and I prefer an uncomfortable compression on my chest over feeling like my shoulders are being pinched downward.

Reactions: Cheezbat
Part of the hype of the announcement is evidence to the naysayers that Marvel is not leaving Islands of Adventure.

Having said that, the naysayers still exist. :lol:
A new thread just started up on WDW Magic. The thread is what's going in the LMA & SA area's now that Star Wars & Toy Story are probably occupying other areas of DHS. Guess what's the hot topic on that thread? Rumors of Universal giving Marvel back to Disney so that Disney can put Marvel back there. Heh, these people just don't stop. Must have been a lot of mothers that dropped their kid's heads on the concrete when they were young. So funny, so sad.:pixie:

A new thread just started up on WDW Magic. The thread is what's going in the LMA & SA area's now that Star Wars & Toy Story are probably occupying other areas of DHS. Guess what's the hot topic on that thread? Rumors of Universal giving Marvel back to Disney so that Disney can put Marvel back there. Heh, these people just don't stop. Must have been a lot of mothers that dropped their kid's heads on the concrete when they were young. So funny, so sad.:pixie:

tumblr_m9fbufwsqn1qc882co1_250.gif

I've been fighting the good fight in that thread. It's like Forum Whack-A-Mole!

Yeah, I've been lurking that thread and some guy was saying it makes perfect sense for Uni to give Disney the rights because it's popular :lol:

I just checked out their forums for the first time ever and it looks like the Disney version of OU, but people here make it sound like it's a strange place where the users have even stranger imaginations...

Lol I have been a member of both for awhile and they are very similar forums.

The difference is there are way more active threads in the N&R section that eventually lead back around to the same topic. Lol

However there are some very intellectually competent people who contribute a lot of knowledge. The ignore button helps weed out the various trolls.

I've been fighting the good fight in that thread. It's like Forum Whack-A-Mole!
Yes, you do a good job of keeping sanity over there.....As the posters above stated, there's some very good posters & insiders over there. They're pretty decent when it comes to Disney info. But it seems every time the Marvel/Universal question pops up there's a "certain segment" of that readership that loses all commonsense.

Someone should post this quote from Uni's recent press release over their every time some peep or dreamer makes a crazy statement regarding Marvel:

PRESS RELEASE
"Enter the laboratories of Dr. Bruce Banner and marvel at the towering scientific machinery. As you approach his gamma-ray accelerator warning lights flash and sirens sound – something's gone terribly wrong with the experiment. Your surroundings go rushing by you in a blur as you feel yourself transformed into The Incredible Hulk"

Reactions: anihilnation
Someone should post this quote from Uni's recent press release over their every time some peep or dreamer makes a crazy statement regarding Marvel:

PRESS RELEASE
"Enter the laboratories of Dr. Bruce Banner and marvel at the towering scientific machinery. As you approach his gamma-ray accelerator warning lights flash and sirens sound – something's gone terribly wrong with the experiment. Your surroundings go rushing by you in a blur as you feel yourself transformed into The Incredible Hulk"
You forgot the addendum at the end, transformed into The Incredible Hulk, "now at WDW Resort for the enjoyment of our Marvel fans" . LOL

Rougarou proves it can be done, and the heartline argument is pretty irrelevant.
Rougarou is an example of them converting a stand up coaster to a Floorless. Is there an example of them converting a sit down to a floorless anywhere?

6'2" 240 and I love the new restraints. The head banging ruins a lot of coasters for me. The first lateral movement and bang, and I'm spending the rest of the ride trying to keep from getting a headache. The vests aren't perfect, but I enjoy the actual ride more with them. I used to hate Maverick, but they switched to a vest style(albeit not a B&M coaster), and now its probably in my top 5 rides.

Of course, to each their own.

Not sure if this has been posted, but I love this quote from NYTimes.com.

The Disney-owned Marvel movie brand was conspicuously absent from plans to rehabilitate Hollywood Studios. Although Disney bought Marvel in 2009 for $4 billion, the Florida theme park rights to Marvel characters like Spider-Man, the Hulk and Captain America continue to be held by Universal under a long-term contract.

Asked in an interview in July if Universal would ever sell those rights, Thomas L. Williams, Universal’s theme park chairman, answered with one word: “No.”

Rougarou is an example of them converting a stand up coaster to a Floorless. Is there an example of them converting a sit down to a floorless anywhere?

6'2" 240 and I love the new restraints. The head banging ruins a lot of coasters for me. The first lateral movement and bang, and I'm spending the rest of the ride trying to keep from getting a headache. The vests aren't perfect, but I enjoy the actual ride more with them. I used to hate Maverick, but they switched to a vest style(albeit not a B&M coaster), and now its probably in my top 5 rides.

Of course, to each their own.

Sheikra was converted to floorless and is amazing, as are all floorless coasters!

Reactions: anihilnation