Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb | Page 8 | Inside Universal Forums

Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The launch system was not built by B&M however. At the time they did not do launch coasters so Universal had someone else build the launch portion

Reactions: Parkscope Joe
Rode today and it just made me really look forward to this refurb. I still have it as my favorite coaster but it's defintley in need of some love. Hoping for A/C in the new queue because I was only waiting 5 minutes or so on the express line but I was already miserable in the heat. Can't fathom how non-express riders deal with it.

Isn't this supposed to be closed in september and open in around 9 months? If so, I would not be so sure of a full replacement of track. There has been no sign of hulk color track at the B&M plant in Ohio, and they would need a good lead time to start those pieces in addition to all the other coasters they are working on this year and starting for next year. Not impossible, but I don't see how they could manufacture that much in a short amount of time. They would need those pieces arriving in just a few months time I would assume considering Mako just now has pieces arriving, and should open roughly the same time frame (give or take) as Hulk 2.0.

A lot of steel coasters are built from the ground up within 9 months. Here they'd have to deconstruct the existing structure, but they have the footings poured. So I don't think that would change the timeline much. Still seems suspicious to retrack the entire ride when it's only 16 years old. Several Six Flags steel coasters have been around since the 1970s and they're doing fine with mostly original track.

Isn't this supposed to be closed in september and open in around 9 months? If so, I would not be so sure of a full replacement of track. There has been no sign of hulk color track at the B&M plant in Ohio, and they would need a good lead time to start those pieces in addition to all the other coasters they are working on this year and starting for next year. Not impossible, but I don't see how they could manufacture that much in a short amount of time. They would need those pieces arriving in just a few months time I would assume considering Mako just now has pieces arriving, and should open roughly the same time frame (give or take) as Hulk 2.0.

First, we have no idea if hulk will remain the same color. Second, I thought mako was only given the green light 6 months ago. If true and track is already arriving, it would appear that B&M is quite efficient.

Reactions: IAmFloridaBorn
First, we have no idea if hulk will remain the same color. Second, I thought mako was only given the green light 6 months ago. If true and track is already arriving, it would appear that B&M is quite efficient.
Coasters like this go up very quickly. They're quick builds and minimal theming normally. Of course, Sea World will do more than your local Six Flags, but still, I don't expect anything amazing from a theme perspective.

Coasters like this go up very quickly. They're quick builds and minimal theming normally. Of course, Sea World will do more than your local Six Flags, but still, I don't expect anything amazing from a theme perspective.

I am not sure what your point here is. B&M doesn't do theming so I cannot imagine a delay for them working on replacement Hulk track. That was what my original post was regarding, in response to alomar's post.

I am not sure what your point here is. B&M doesn't do theming so I cannot imagine a delay for them working on replacement Hulk track. That was what my original post was regarding, in response to alomar's post.
My post had nothing to do with Hulk. I was simply saying that B&M builds fast because it's simplistic. When I mentioned theming, I never meant it to mean that B&M does the theming. Obviously they don't do that.

I was just reading Screamscape's latest update on the Hulk refurb and they are trying to add fuel to the fire that the Hulk theme is going and replaced by Nintendo.

*sigh* I'm not sure what it will take to get idiots to knock off this crap of Universal giving up Marvel. Walt Disney could rise from the dead and say Marvel is never coming to WDW and the idiots will still probably speculate on a Marvel land at DHS.

Anywho, next Wednesday me and my brother plan on going to IOA and getting at least one final ride of the original Hulk in before it closes. Can't wait.

Reactions: Cheezbat
I was just reading Screamscape's latest update on the Hulk refurb and they are trying to add fuel to the fire that the Hulk theme is going and replaced by Nintendo.

*sigh* I'm not sure what it will take to get idiots to knock off this crap of Universal giving up Marvel. Walt Disney could rise from the dead and say Marvel is never coming to WDW and the idiots will still probably speculate on a Marvel land at DHS.

I've told him repeatedly that he's wrong on 99% of his UOR rumors and to check in here for the correct info...just give credit where credit is due. He's done that in the past and thus been correct (and even given plenty of props/credit to Hate), but he likes to post incorrect crap too...apparently he trusts his (incorrect) "Screamscape sources" and his own (incorrect) hunches more than what the insiders on here have proven again and again to be correct. Too bad...he's a really smart guy and his site is fun to read. :bang:

Reactions: anihilnation
Correction: Assembling a B&M is fast. Fabricating a B&M, not so much.
Exactly this.
There is a thread on TPR of people driving by the plant quite often. The lead time on the parts is quite early. B&M has so many coasters lined up in a year across the globe and they all come from one plant in Ohio. As I mention early, yes they are redoing the themeing which can take time. But that would still mean that the track pieces would have had to already been started. If not getting ready to ship in a couple to few months. I just don't see it happening, I am happy to be proven wrong, but I don't see it.
And as also stated above, we really don't know what color Hulk will come back as but.......it's the Hulk....green is nearly a given! Any other color of track would make very little sense, more so considering it has become an iconic coaster while green. Changing an icon's colors wouldn't be a great idea. Again all my opinions.

If the track replacement is done, then I could see Dragon Challenge getting the same refurb down the road. I picture a type of pre show/ screens in the location of the floating candles. I understand the story is you participating in a tri-wizard tournament, but that's only shown when you first walk into the castle and I'm sure the general public doesn't know about the story. World's longest queue line and yet even with longer lines, half of the queue isn't utilized (and probably never has been since opening day)

If the track replacement is done, then I could see Dragon Challenge getting the same refurb down the road. I picture a type of pre show/ screens in the location of the floating candles. I understand the story is you participating in a tri-wizard tournament, but that's only shown when you first walk into the castle and I'm sure the general public doesn't know about the story. World's longest queue line and yet even with longer lines, half of the queue isn't utilized (and probably never has been since opening day)
The difference between Hulk and Dragons is that Hulk has basically run for over sixteen years straight. There has never been a long refurb for the coaster. Dragons has had multiple month-plus long closures for track work and painting. It's gotten love more often than Hulk.

How likely is it that the the entire track will be replaced? Personally I never notice that much roughness on Hulk, especially in the first half of the ride.
As for Dragon Challenge, the greatest problem with that ride is the locker situation, the wait time is consistently low because there are too few lockers.

The difference between Hulk and Dragons is that Hulk has basically run for over sixteen years straight. There has never been a long refurb for the coaster. Dragons has had multiple month-plus long closures for track work and painting. It's gotten love more often than Hulk.

True. But I still feel that they could add thematic elements to the queue. Could be done in a few weeks possibly.

How likely is it that the the entire track will be replaced? Personally I never notice that much roughness on Hulk, especially in the first half of the ride.
As for Dragon Challenge, the greatest problem with that ride is the locker situation, the wait time is consistently low because there are too few lockers.

It sounds very likely, though somewhat unnecessary. Everything following the first corkscrew needs to be completely replaced and maybe even stretched out.
With Dragon Challenge, every time I've gone the wait time is generally 5-15 minutes but in reality is more like 25-35 minutes. I encounter the line when you reach the cave tunnel portions when before the non-dueling era the line would start closer to the turn-around before the split off.

It sounds very likely, though somewhat unnecessary. Everything following the first corkscrew needs to be completely replaced and maybe even stretched out. With Dragon Challenge, every time I've gone the wait time is generally 5-15 minutes but in reality is more like 25-35 minutes. I encounter the line when you reach the cave tunnel portions when before the non-dueling era the line would start closer to the turn-around before the split off.

I agree, second half should be completely redone. I also really dislike the brake run, especially when you sit near the front, I find that the coaster brakes way to much, it feels unnatural, almost like the coaster was designed wrong and an excessive braking is needed.

Longest waits I have had for Dragon are for the metal detectors lol, though during the summer months I rarely stay past noon.