Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb | Page 140 | Inside Universal Forums

Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I like it. It looks similar to the ad from the other day too from what I can make out.
GZlTNOO.jpg

As the parks keep drawing record crowds, it is almost inevitable that they will expand park hours to accommodate them. Also with the additional resort guests staying on property, it will become more economical to keep things open later. IoA is my favorite "after dark" park since it was built with so much great lighting integrated into the facades and theme elements.

That being said, Universal will still probably not want to keep the parks open too much later. If you notice when the parks close CityWalk really starts jumping and they must make a lot of money on all those guests who have left the parks but aren't quite ready to leave yet.

I'm not too worried about the restraints at this point. You really can't see much in that screenshot, but even if they are the same kind of OTSRs, the ride will be smoother again which goes a LONG way to eliminating the head banging issues people have with them.

Unfortunately, I think we're looking at "missed opportunity." If Potter didn't get them to start using later hours, I doubt this will either.

This week while I'm there the parks will be open till 9. On Friday they close at 6 for private events. Get rid of or reduce the events and they'll get better.

Is it just me or are those lights reminiscent of iron man's eye slits?

That was the first thing I thought of.

This week while I'm there the parks will be open till 9. On Friday they close at 6 for private events. Get rid of or reduce the events and they'll get better.

They make far too much money on the events for that.

Reactions: Parkscope Joe
This won't, but a nighttime show will. And when they have a nighttime show, they cannot anchor themselves when they have Toon Lagoon showing up as unpopular for nighttime guests and Doom rumored to meet the axe. They need dry rides that will capture attention at night, and these work. We'll see later hours this summer, probably until 10 on weekends, but we'll still see corporations buying out the parks. But for the numbers to be met for 11 or maybe even midnight, they need that nighttime entertainment package and a much better holidays package. A Potter one for nighttime would also help immensely.

On another note, that peak at the vehicle design has me downright gagging.

(That's a good thing, for those unaware.)

Since when is doom rumored to get the axe.....?
That just seems kinda pointless considering you can't do too much back there with the Access road and Spider-Man building already there..

As for the hulk has anyone been looking around the back half of the ride to see if they're doing any on ride theming to it?

Since when is doom rumored to get the axe.....?
That just seems kinda pointless considering you can't do too much back there with the Access road and Spider-Man building already there..?

Doom's been rumored to go for a while. Rumor has seemed to go quiet, but Doom, Carnage Warehouse, and Café 4 were rumored to close to be replaced by an Avengers attraction.

Reactions: Macfr3ak

What days are you there? Because I see a bunch of 6 and 7 closing at IOA and only two 9 closing at Studios on Monday & Thursday. I am there Wed and IOA closes at 7 and Studios at 8. Compare that with Disney on the same day which the only park closing before 9 is AK and that will change after Memorial Day Weekend. No more early closing for that park.

Nemesis looks great, but it's a poor mans Dragon Challenge. Not very high, not very long and only the one track. Now Nemesis Sub-Terra when you have the right TMs running the ride has the potential to be terrifying. It's similar to alien encounter

Excuse me.... Are you from this planet? Nemesis smashes DC every time, it's the best B&M inverted in the world and don't even compare Sub-terra to Alien Encounter, the 2 are worlds apart. Sub-terra becomes substandard when you liken it to AE.
Did you ever "ride" AE?!

Reactions: Fatality
What days are you there? Because I see a bunch of 6 and 7 closing at IOA and only two 9 closing at Studios on Monday & Thursday. I am there Wed and IOA closes at 7 and Studios at 8. Compare that with Disney on the same day which the only park closing before 9 is AK and that will change after Memorial Day Weekend. No more early closing for that park.

Starting Thursday USF is open till 9 through the summer save for buyout nights.

Starting Thursday USF is open till 9 through the summer save for buyout nights.

He said this week, which confused me since this week to me started today. Also, I thought everyone was talking about IOA since Kong and Hulk have lighting packages which IOA is not staying open until 9. It is 6/7/8 until mid June where it finally seems to stay open until 9. Which ironically is when the days are longer and you still won't get much night time in there. I just think if Universal ever wants to consider competing with Disney (which many say they are) then they need to start keeping their parks open into the dark hours year round. They have a couple days here and there that are 9 or 10. But overall outside of summer and holidays they close 8 or earlier. Many days as early as 6. Outside of buyout and event nights I don't think they should ever close at 6.