Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Indiana Jones Ride at Disney Hollywood Studios?

I went to DHS March 2013, for the first time in probably 15 years, and I was bored. Loved the new Star Tours, the studio tour sucked, never got on TSMM, didn't RnRC, or ToT, and went to Epcot for food. Confusing layout, not much to do, expensive and lousy food offerings, i just don't like the park.

AK, however, I LOVE! I love animals, and even after an entire day there, I still didn't want to leave, so it isn't a half-day park for me at all. I could spend all day just visiting the animals.

I went to DHS March 2013, for the first time in probably 15 years, and I was bored. Loved the new Star Tours, the studio tour sucked, never got on TSMM, didn't RnRC, or ToT, and went to Epcot for food. Confusing layout, not much to do, expensive and lousy food offerings, i just don't like the park.

Do you have an aversion to good rides?

Never been on the Indy ride, but that one has been open for a long time. What they need is a new state of the art star wars ride and land.

But Star Wars already has a ride and a trading academy. I honestly think that's enough, what would you have to add? Speeder bike ride? Battle chase ride? Pod racing? They are all in star tours now I don't see the point. Indy just has a boring stunt show that could've been one of the best rides ever, I see the bigger need for indy

I agree they need to bring the Indy ride. If you haven't been on it, it's a really grand ride with big sets, an elaborate queue, and awesome Physical effects. Disney just doesn't make them like that anymore. I feel its one of the last great dark rides built, along with ToT(maybe until MM, but I haven't been on that so I can't say for sure). It blew my mind when I first rode it, and is now my favorite ride. No bias lol. If they just upgraded a few things here and there, and didn't use any black light
trompe-l'oeil it would be on par with the classics and about the best dark ride at WDW. IMHO

1534837_626245794128118_6636219379908545806_o.jpg

Green- Outdoor Queue throughout the Jungle.
Black- Tunnel underneath train & road.
White- Show building.
Note: Show building will probably be smaller.
And this is just an idea and it probably wont be happening.

Last edited:
Do you have an aversion to good rides?

We couldn't get Fast Passes to TSMM, and the stand-by line was 3 hours, and the husband didn't want to ride the other 2. No aversion to them, I really want to ride those 3 rides, just didn't make it that time.

Big Grizzly Mountain Runaway Mine Cars was originally an Eddie Sotto designed coaster for Indy. The dark ride and the coaster would be a great addition for DHS.

I'll believe this ride comes when DC and Smurfs are announced as Universal's next expansion. :lol: That being said, I rode the ride in California back in 2010, and I loved every minute of it. One of my top dark rides. If DHS adds this, I might just have to visit the park when it opens. However, I sadly don't see this happening.

Are the possibilities still for a newer Indiana jones attraction pretty much dead? If the American idol experience and the
Indy epic stunt spectacular are gone, they are pretty much saying for sure that they'll be both replaced by Star Wars attractions? If that happens Disney fans will realize their will be no attraction based on the Indiana jones franchise at all. They would have to go to another Disney park somewhere around the world to see and ride an Indiana jones attraction. Like Tokyo Disney, DL out in Anaheim, or DL Paris. Sounds kind of odd if this is what their gonna do. I hope this isn't the end of Indy for good...it's like we will never see him make a return to Walt Disney world once the new Star Wars attractions come in. I'm really worried. I read somewhere to that the future isn't very bright for tower of terror...if they test down tower of terror I will be extremely disappointed!!!! Please DHS don't do that!

Are the possibilities still for a newer Indiana jones attraction pretty much dead? If the American idol experience and the
Indy epic stunt spectacular are gone, they are pretty much saying for sure that they'll be both replaced by Star Wars attractions? If that happens Disney fans will realize their will be no attraction based on the Indiana jones franchise at all. They would have to go to another Disney park somewhere around the world to see and ride an Indiana jones attraction. Like Tokyo Disney, DL out in Anaheim, or DL Paris. Sounds kind of odd if this is what their gonna do. I hope this isn't the end of Indy for good...it's like we will never see him make a return to Walt Disney world once the new Star Wars attractions come in. I'm really worried. I read somewhere to that the future isn't very bright for tower of terror...if they test down tower of terror I will be extremely disappointed!!!! Please DHS don't do that!

I think it's possible for a new Indy ride. If the show goes, I could see them building another Indy-themed attraction somewhere else. Maybe not in DHS, and probably not the Cali version, but an attraction of some kind (hopefully top notch).

And PLEASE tell me you're joking about Tower of Terror. :/ American Idol, I don't carr. Indy, as long as we get something good. Tower of Terror, one of the best rides at Disney, I shudder to think of the day they remove it. I don't see it going anywhere though.

I can't believe that is even a rumor. The tower of Terror is going to stay as long as cinderellas castle. No way in hell will they EVER take that down

That would be the equivalent of Uni removing Spiderman...I really, really, don't think that is going to happen and that you heard a bad rumor...I did however, hear that Indy and AIE will be closing soon (AIE confirmed actually)..could Star Wars be coming?

I think it's possible for a new Indy ride. If the show goes, I could see them building another Indy-themed attraction somewhere else. Maybe not in DHS, and probably not the Cali version, but an attraction of some kind (hopefully top notch).

And PLEASE tell me you're joking about Tower of Terror. :/ American Idol, I don't carr. Indy, as long as we get something good. Tower of Terror, one of the best rides at Disney, I shudder to think of the day they remove it. I don't see it going anywhere though.
But you do realize if they replace the Indy stunt show with a Star Wars attractions in 2015 to make room for the new Star Wars land too they're WILL BE NO INDY BASED ATTRACTION AT ALL AT DISNEY WORLD...I'm talking anything Indy based, if it's a restaurant, a shop, a show, or even a themed ride. That's why I said Disney fans will have to go to another Disney theme park around the world to see Indy somewhere else unfortunately. Not in Orlando. So it would be a big blow to Disney if they never bring back Indiana Jones to Walt Disney World period.

But you do realize if they replace the Indy stunt show with a Star Wars attractions in 2015 to make room for the new Star Wars land too they're WILL BE NO INDY BASED ATTRACTION AT ALL AT DISNEY WORLD...I'm talking anything Indy based, if it's a restaurant, a shop, a show, or even a themed ride. That's why I said Disney fans will have to go to another Disney theme park around the world to see Indy somewhere else unfortunately. Not in Orlando. So it would be a big blow to Disney if they never bring back Indiana Jones to Walt Disney World period.

Well do people go all the way from Africa to go see the Indiana jones stunt show? Indy won't be as big of a loss as you think, it's not like they are taking out a forbidden eye like attraction or something like thunder mountain. It's just a stunt show you can see at any old park

let's just hope when the indy show goes it won't be replaced by a star wars themed stunt show. Have both presence of Star Wars and Indiana Jones...it's only fair. I hear indiana jones epic stunt show is'nt going anywhere for 2 years since the show is locked into a contract. That's what their saying anyways.

They use the area & seating for cheerleader and such competitions. But they also just announced they are building a new theater near Aerosmith for competitions and other events. So once that's done they may not need the Indy area. Just guessing though.