Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Indiana Jones Ride at Disney Hollywood Studios?

just googled pictures of both. The Asia one does look a little older then the Cali one, but neither really look like him. lol

It'd be cool if they completely redesigned the ride for Florida, because I think it's smart how Disney makes some of the same attractions different at other parks.

That way you have a reason to travel to another Disney park.

I'll be happy if any iteration of Indy comes over to Florida. Young Indy, Old Indy, Even Shia LaBeouf Indy. Just give me an Indy ride. Thanks
shia-labeouf-rob-cantor-youtube-cannibal-video.jpg

What if they made an Indie ride with a Cars ride system and on that scale, that would be awesome.

Lol, I just had that same idea on twitter. Where you would start in Tanis or Cairo, move through the Well of Souls, get lost in the other crypts and tombs. Then finish with a high speed segment in the desert replicating the chase scene in Raiders where you are escaping the Nazis.

I think so. Look at all of the versions of Space Mountain and Tower of Terror at Disney parks around the world. They're mostly different (some completely different).

It seems logically correct that they do that. If you build the same exact attractions inside and out, you aren't gonna attract new visitors.

That way guests will feel like it's a completely different experience if they've been on another version.

I wonder if Trowbridge has any regrets leaving Uni for Disney? As an American, I cannot imagine any pleasure in designing the next great mega ride attraction for a Communist Chinese only audience. Call me too patriotic.

It seemed like years ago everyone wanted to open a park in Dubai. Now everyone wants to open a park in China.

Did any of those planned parks ever open in Dubai?

It seemed like years ago everyone wanted to open a park in Dubai. Now everyone wants to open a park in China.

Little off topic but yes, a few of the Dubailand parks that were planned are still going to fruition; much like the WB Dubai and LEGOLAND Dubai.

I wonder if Trowbridge has any regrets leaving Uni for Disney? As an American, I cannot imagine any pleasure in designing the next great mega ride attraction for a Communist Chinese only audience. Call me too patriotic.
I've said it many a time the past five years, China has issues and they are many. They are not the golden boy the international community has been portraying them as. Disney should have stayed out of Shanghai & Universal should have stayed out of Beijing. Those investments will bite both companies in the long run. China only plays at capitalism. They are a communist/nepotism/oligarchic society & government.

I never understand this logic considering Disney has never shown any interest in removing the Indy Adventure in Disneyland. I guess only California people like Indiana Jones?:rolleyes:

Difference between building a new ride and maintaining and upgrading a 20 year old one.

Bunch of great stuff opening in Dubai still

Trowbridge is leading the Star Wars team, which is primarily overseeing both North American projects at the moment, with potentially something for Paris bubbling along.

You also realize Universal is building a park in China, right? If anything, there is a lot more designing for China going on at Uni Creative right now. SDL was very much designed when Scott came over whereas Universal was just gearing up.

If that was somehow Scott's motivation (which it clearly isn't), he made the correct move.

Trowbridge is leading the Star Wars team, which is primarily overseeing both North American projects at the moment, with potentially something for Paris bubbling along.

You also realize Universal is building a park in China, right? If anything, there is a lot more designing for China going on at Uni Creative right now. SDL was very much designed when Scott came over whereas Universal was just gearing up.

If that was somehow Scott's motivation (which it clearly isn't), he made the correct move.

The Universal park in China will make SHDL look hilariously bad. I mean, it won't have as many unique things, but imagine if the best of IoA and USF and USH were plussed and added to that park.

The AA is Ford from the Last movie AKA Crystal Skull, even though the story line is different. Old Harrison Ford.

I realize this was posted a few months ago, but NO, it wasn't based on the movie...it opened years before the movie came out, and it isn't "old" Harrison Ford. The ride is very similar to the Anaheim version, just a slightly different storyline.

did anyone hear about the original plan for indy where it started as jungle cruise then split the people into two groups one group would go through a temple and wind up at the jeeps the other would go through some sort of mine-cart ride and both rides would let out at the same place but it was basically the backlot tour with multiple rides and routes

did anyone hear about the original plan for indy where it started as jungle cruise then split the people into two groups one group would go through a temple and wind up at the jeeps the other would go through some sort of mine-cart ride and both rides would let out at the same place but it was basically the backlot tour with multiple rides and routes

Yup, it was a huge complex. Here's concept art.

indy_concept_art_web.jpg

The Universal park in China will make SHDL look hilariously bad. I mean, it won't have as many unique things, but imagine if the best of IoA and USF and USH were plussed and added to that park.

The best of USH? What would they really have that's amazing that we don't besides the tram tour and WaterWorld? Are they building it into a hill?