Infinity Falls - 2018 Raft Ride | Page 27 | Inside Universal Forums

Infinity Falls - 2018 Raft Ride

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
There was a line of cement mixers headed into SeaWorld's back gate this afternoon. Not sure whether this is pouring sidewalks and other things for Infinity Falls or footings for Sesame (it looked like forms are going in from Bio's new photos).

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
Looks great.... but the construction, plywood, and caution cones make me think this thing is still two weeks away at least.

How badly would such a late opening in the summer season hurt this ride? I know Floridians are probably a lot like the locals here, in that no local sticks a toe in a pool, let alone goes on a water ride, when the temps are lower than, say, 75 (and that's pushing it--these people would still be getting some major side eye from the vast majority in these parts), but will this still be a viable ride for tourists coming from cooler climates to enjoy into the fall?

How badly would such a late opening in the summer season hurt this ride? I know Floridians are probably a lot like the locals here, in that no local sticks a toe in a pool, let alone goes on a water ride, when the temps are lower than, say, 75 (and that's pushing it--these people would still be getting some major side eye from the vast majority in these parts), but will this still be a viable ride for tourists coming from cooler climates to enjoy into the fall?

The way I see it, SeaWorld is missing the mark with K-12 going back to school in the next few weeks. The latest week that they should've shot for is next week. Once the week of the 12th starts, kids are already going back to school a few days later.

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit

Some anecdotal evidence shows locals are embracing the festivals and events this summer, so they might be compensating enough.

I've been to Dollywood during opening week in March with barely 40 degree temps. There were people riding their rapids ride. and log flume type rides. Many tourists from cooler climates vacation in FL. Riding a rapids ride in sub 70, 60 or even 50 degree weather is nothing to them...lol

It also appears that the first half of the ride has a lot of rock work theming along the trough but when you get to the second half of the ride it's just poured flat concrete walls. Did a lot of theming get cut because they were so far behind?

Perhaps the water will be higher in that area and it wont be seen as much :shrug:
I think that may be partially true and it may also have to do with the actual "rapids" areas and the different requirements for creating them. The rock work is on the calmer areas with the rougher areas being straight walls to channel the water better.

I think that may be partially true and it may also have to do with the actual "rapids" areas and the different requirements for creating them. The rock work is on the calmer areas with the rougher areas being straight walls to channel the water better.
Or perhaps it doesn't matter because nobody will see that part for very long haha