Injury on ET Adventure? | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

Injury on ET Adventure?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Amazing. One in apx. a hundred million riders, give or take a few, and probably a guest's fault. And having to make ride adjustments because of that, probably at some lawyers opinion. This litiginous stuff gets weary.

I wouldn’t put it past some idiot to try and replicate it if Universal didn’t address the situation.

Sue them, go to court, argue that they knew it was a design flaw and they were negligent, limp away with a few million dollars.

Amazing. One in apx. a hundred million riders, give or take a few, and probably a guest's fault. And having to make ride adjustments because of that, probably at some lawyers opinion. This litiginous stuff gets weary.
Lawyers= people being paid to produce a lie for someone.

And the reason they're only running one side is to intentionally lower capacity so some pressure is taken off unload, rather than some kind of physical change they're making, right?

Reactions: HPFred
I think if any physical changes were to happen, it would be during a ride closure refurb.

I would hope such a thing is eventually in the cards.

I mean, I love the ride, so I'm happy to wait an inflated amount of time to get on it, but hopefully they can eventually get it back up to its intended capacity.

Reactions: tankart150
And the reason they're only running one side is to intentionally lower capacity so some pressure is taken off unload, rather than some kind of physical change they're making, right?
They have two TMs at unload to look and double check each other. Til any changes might be made it makes for a very safe way to ensure everyone has their appendages inside the vehicle envelope before it lands. If they used both sides it could be distracting so simple is best for now.

They have two TMs at unload to look and double check each other. Til any changes might be made it makes for a very safe way to ensure everyone has their appendages inside the vehicle envelope before it lands. If they used both sides it could be distracting so simple is best for now.

Curious- how would it be distracting? Wouldn't they just need 4 for unload?

Are we sure that's not more of the issue? Staffing vs Distraction?

Note: Wait times are still brutal for this ride during the "1 side". Just checked and it's 40 mins. Weds, Feb 27 at 11:45am.
Hulk is 5 mins over at IoA; while Gringotts, Mummy, Trans, MIB, Simpsons, etc are all 10 min at USF.

Last edited:
Reactions: Suprachica79

Note: Wait times are still brutal for this ride during the "1 side". Just checked and it's 40 mins. Weds, Feb 27 at 11:45am.
Hulk is 5 mins over at IoA; while Gringotts, Mummy, Trans, MIB, Simpsons, etc are all 10 min at USF.
yes, it's been constantly at TP's level 10 stand by crowd since the incident. Even on super slow days like yesterday. The one plus is that the line is slow enough to enjoy the ambiance of the forest queue and the animatronic scene.....I recall when I went solo in September I didn't have Express and I got stuck behind one of those huge tour groups, so I was in line for about 45 minutes. It actually was my favorite ride ever on ET since I was forced to slow down and enjoy the aesthetics of the queue during the long wait. I loved it.

I think it is a combination of staffing and distraction. It is very clear the procedures they are doing, maybe once it is burned in their routine maybe the open the other side? I don't know but that is what it looks like to me. To have four on the unload dock while there is only one control (probably lockout so it only will go to one side) would be more things happening and to remember than this way.

Reactions: natespf and Andysol