Is Universal Moving too Fast? | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Is Universal Moving too Fast?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think they had to put the brakes on with all the projects going on. Between the design and construction teams being stretched, the vendors being overwhelmed and trying to figure out what is going into the new location and what timeline it will be on, it has to be a little overwhelming for everyone involved.

I'd guess that with the end of construction in sight for Volcano Bay we may things start to ramp up with the next round of projects. Right now the logistics of materials/labor/etc. alone all around the property must be a nightmare for the teams in charge. I'll be they are looking forward to the closure of WnW in December so they can really utilize the space there for things like parking all the construction workers.

I bet they are also trying to work out deals so they have priority over others for the upcoming park with the park down the road also being busy with upcoming plans.

On another front, there's a good article on Inside Universal about the management change at Hollywood Universal. They're saying under performance of Potter has put the breaks on & created uncertainty on some future projects.

I would think Secret Life of Pets would be the biggest no-brainer project to continue, but I have zero insight into its merch sales. Anyone?

I would think Secret Life of Pets would be the biggest no-brainer project to continue, but I have zero insight into its merch sales. Anyone?
I have been watching the merchandise and have not seen much of it sold in the parks or people wearing it. Most of the people walking around with the merchandise won it as prizes at the games.

I bet Uni is trying to get another outside IP and the 4th biggest toy IP this year that Disney doesn't own or have in their parks nor does Universal own.

I have been watching the merchandise and have not seen much of it sold in the parks or people wearing it. Most of the people walking around with the merchandise won it as prizes at the games.
Yeah, I would think the merchandise sales may be important as to whether the project goes forward. It would be interesting to see some actual results.

Universal might be watching to see how Trolls & Sing does at the box office and merchandise sales before they finalize the next kids/family attraction. I would think the SLOP attraction plans could be re formatted for a different animated feature if they back off the SLOP IP. Just redo the scenes to a different IP.....Merchandise sales are crucial.

Reactions: Galaxy Defender