Is Universal Moving too Fast? | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

Is Universal Moving too Fast?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Universal might be watching to see how Trolls & Sing does at the box office and merchandise sales before they finalize the next kids/family attraction. I would think the SLOP attraction plans could be re formatted for a different animated feature if they back off the SLOP IP. Just redo the scenes to a different IP.
I'm fine with that as long as it stays AAs instead of screenz.

Universal might be watching to see how Trolls & Sing does at the box office and merchandise sales before they finalize the next kids/family attraction. I would think the SLOP attraction plans could be re formatted for a different animated feature if they back off the SLOP IP. Just redo the scenes to a different IP.....Merchandise sales are crucial.

I'm not sure that everything needs to be a merchandise driver. SLOP could just be a popular placeholder if done right, kind of like how Kong was added mainly to help make IOA more of a full day park.

I'm not sure that everything needs to be a merchandise driver. SLOP could just be a popular placeholder if done right, kind of like how Kong was added mainly to help make IOA more of a full day park.
True, but Universal has many of their own IPs to choose from now. Why not pick the ones with the most merchandising potential?

Reactions: Mad Dog