Jack Presents: 25 Years of Monsters and Mayhem | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Jack Presents: 25 Years of Monsters and Mayhem

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Not surprisingly due to the theme of this house and what's been revealed already, a lot of people are really hyped for it. Honestly I wanna' be just as hyped, but Anniversary houses have a history of not living up to their potential. (Lookin' at you, Hallow'd Past.) Now as for what's been revealed so far...

Universal Classic Monsters - Makes perfect sense, would be really awkward if they didn't have them in some fashion.
Nightingales (2011) - This was one of the best houses that year, so it's a great choice. (Kinda' surprised we haven't seen a sequel house from them, though.)
The Foresaken (2011) - Another solid house from a solid year house-wise, kinda' curious how much they'll feature from this one.
HR Bloodengutz (2011) - HELL. YES. Nuff said.
Gothic (2012) - One of the better houses that year, so another smart choice.

At the moment I don't disagree with the choices, though admittedly with three representations so far from 2011 that does concern me of a possible blunder that Hallow'd Past did with representing 2008. I really want to see a nice variety of years. Case in point off the top of my head.

Catacombs (2010) - Not only this was the best house that year but it's one of the greats of all time, it would be dissapointing if this wasn't represented.
Leave it to Cleaver (2009)
Frankenstien: Creation of the Damned (2009) - Could definitely incorperate this with the Classic Monsters.
The Hallow (2008)
Ghost Town (2004) - This is still one of the best dark horse houses of them all.

At the moment I don't disagree with the choices, though admittedly with three representations so far from 2011 that does concern me of a possible blunder that Hallow'd Past did with representing 2008. I really want to see a nice variety of years. Case in point off the top of my head.

I agreed. 2011 was a damn strong year house wise, so I'm worried. I wouldn't be shocked to see Nevermore or Winter's Night get their way in here as well. Heck, even Saws N Steam.

Reactions: SeventyOne
I was joking y'all. I was just declaring my excitement for this house. :lol: The nostalgia is going to be REAL this year!

Reactions: anihilnation
Anyone think a dead exposure scene will be included ? Really excited for this house so I can finally see some of these iconic HHN moments !
I hope not. It was already repeated in Hallow'd Past. It would be pretty easy to do, but I felt as a room alone, it is pretty barebones and just looks cheap compared to everything else in the house.

Well I think they're gonna focus more on the last 5 years than the last 25 since the other 20 were represented in XX. Could be totally wrong but that's my prediction

Well I think they're gonna focus more on the last 5 years than the last 25 since the other 20 were represented in XX. Could be totally wrong but that's my prediction

That's the thing that bothers me, XX that featured Hallow'd Past gave a big look to houses featured in 2008, and I feel like this house is giving that same look to 2011 houses. I wish it was a bit more spread out because there is so many scenes in UC's arsenal. I was kind of hoping every scene would be a different year instead of just a different house.

Due to just the photos, videos and praises these houses, I wouldn't be surprised if Dracula (09) gets featured for a scene and Dollhouse in some form. It makes sense for those having a lot of memories for a lot of people who went to Horror Nights.

I'm curious if there will be a certain ordering to the rooms. Would they go chronologically or group by similar themes or what.

Well apart of it being mostly 2011 houses is that 22-24 were so IP heavy that if you'd want to feature a scene from most of those houses, your gonna go through hell trying. I hope they pull a bunch of really obscure ones from really early on like the frightanic in XX. It's almost needed for a nostalgia house like this

^ That may still be a problem with what's going 'round the grapevine, Legacy recently mentioned 4 key things which could still throw the house out of whack.

1. The size of the house may be big, but it won't have as many scenes as one would expect.
2. The Classic Monsters represented in the house each get their own scene.
3. As for the houses, they may get two scenes each. (So with what houses that are already mentioned, that's a possible 8 scenes right there.)
Finally, there's so far no word on anything pre-2010.

If those things being said are the case, then this'll be another unfortunate Anniversary house which doesn't live up to it's potential.

^ That may still be a problem with what's going 'round the grapevine, Legacy recently mentioned 4 key things which could still throw the house out of whack.

1. The size of the house may be big, but it won't have as many scenes as one would expect.
2. The Classic Monsters represented in the house each get their own scene.
3. As for the houses, they may get two scenes each. (So with what houses that are already mentioned, that's a possible 8 scenes right there.)
Finally, there's so far no word on anything pre-2010.

If those things being said are the case, then this'll be another unfortunate Anniversary house which doesn't live up to it's potential.

He also mentioned he was wrong on several things. So some of those predictions are going to be off.

Here's what we know, for sure, officially, is included:

-Forsaken
-Nightingales
-The Classic Monsters
-An Xmas Room
-Jack the Clown (in some capacity)

Here's what I wouldn't be shocked to see:

-Scary Tales (in some capacity, HEAVILY rumored)
-The Mummy (heavily rumored, possibly distinct from Monsters)
-Havoc
-La Llorona
-Gothic
-The Thing
-Zombiegeddon or Deadtropolis
-Leave it to Cleaver
-Vampyr
-SS Frightanic /
-Screamhouse
-Silver Screams (Usher areas)
-H.R. Bloodengutz

Long shots, but would be awesome:

-PsychoPath
-The Hallow
-Demon Cantina
-The Skool/Skoolhouse/OrFanage
-Ghost Town
-Dungeon of Terror
-People Under the Stairs

People talk about wanting 90s houses, but realistically, the only big houses from back then were Dungeon of Terror, PsychoPath, and People Under the Stairs. Past that, you get a bunch of one-offs people don't remember (like Dark Torment or Nightmare at the Toy Factory). These scenes have to be recognizable, to some extent.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shucker
Ouch that's a bummer, I don't know what to think of this house. If it's house of horrors 2.0 with some HHN thrown in then it'll be cool I guess. As I said before, doing an anniversary year every five years is typically a bad idea because it's not special and doesn't lead to a lot of creativity to flourish in between said anniversary years. They couldn't have filled this entire house with originals from the past five years because there were a total of 8 original houses throughout 22-24.....woof. I guess we'll see on the 19th

We can confirm Gothic. I've also heard (several steps removed) that Winter's Night may show up as well.

Yay, 2011.

Reactions: JungleSkip