1. Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Make sure to sign up and join the community! It's fast, free, and easy! DO IT!

Jack Presents: 25 Years of Monsters and Mayhem

Discussion in 'Haunted Houses' started by Drew, Aug 27, 2015.

1. MrRoamer

MrRoamer Premium Member

Good catch, I wonder why they even bother having Cindy in there. Maybe there are still plans to bring her the event someday.

2. AlexanderMBush

AlexanderMBush Legendary Member

In the case, she was canned for a Icon TWICE. once at the original Islands of Fear and then as we know, XX. I wouldn't be surprised if what I hope next year, has her in some capacity and not as a Icon.

3. Brian G.

Brian G. Staff Member Administrator

Yup!

Brownie54 and AlexanderMBush like this.
  4. ThemeParks4Life

ThemeParks4Life Veteran Member

It's looking like these will be our scenes (in alphabetical order):

Last edited: Sep 14, 2015
    Cole likes this.
  5. AlexanderMBush

AlexanderMBush Legendary Member

Without spoiling, two houses really surprise me..seems interesting. But it has me excited that one house isn't mentioned..

6. Eckert

Eckert Veteran Member

Jack is going to be in there many times. Also, don't forget the Classic Universal Monsters! Wouldn't it be crazy if Eddie showed up too?

Just a thought. :thumbsup:

7. Cole

Cole Veteran Member

Overall that's a pretty good line up of houses. A little bit of everything, not as 21 heavy as we thought it would be for sure. I think the classic monsters are a bit out of place but Definitely an improvement over hallowd past. I guess it all just now depends on the scenes they use and their placement. This could be really really awkwardly paced or insanely good. To me it could be either way but I have hopes

ThemeParks4Life likes this.
  8. Cole

Cole Veteran Member

Whoops nevermind

9. YunoYandere

YunoYandere Newcomer

While that's certainly not my "ideal" lineup of scenes, I'm still quite excited. I really wish The Thing had made it in there, but oh well. The inclusion of Scary Tales alone makes me a happy camper. As others have said, its success depends entirely on the pacing and layout. I have high hopes!

Joe, ThemeParks4Life and TheCode like this.
  10. Miketheboss

Miketheboss BANNED

11. Cole

Cole Veteran Member

So weird to see them go through past houses and act like they're brand new. It's like a paradox

12. Cole

Cole Veteran Member

I wanted to talk about M&M for a second. It might be HHN heaven to all of us fans, however to any normal person who's never been to the event before, it's probably a disjointed mess with nothing to tie it all together. I personally think it's a tad overrated for that reason alone. It wasn't made for everyone and that's a big problem in my eyes. Any of you agree?

13. Brian G.

No.

14. sjago13

sjago13 Premium Member

Its a solid house full of solid scares from solid houses of the past. Anyone can realize that even if you aren't familiar with whats being presented. What helps further from the great sets are that this house is full of good scares! Both times I have done this house so far I have gotten a solid scare in practically every room.

DisneyFanKevin likes this.
  15. Frank Drackman

Frank Drackman Premium Member

I feel I am just becoming more of a 'super fan' or something this year. I went to HHN7, but I do not recall any of the details of the houses other than recalling being very impressed with the sets (oddly enough, I Rember the general theme to Bill and Ted that year).

We started going regularly around 22 (I think, the year with seven houses) and only went one night that year. I think we two nights after that and I know last year we went four nights.

So I am not a first time goer, but I loved this house. I appreciate how long it is (glad I heard on here that end scenes were cut for I think that explains to me why I felt it was a little too long, but I think that is just because it dies off a bit towards the end).

Sure I love that Gothic is in there for I feel that and Dead End where my favorites from that year.

But as others said, the scares are great and the sets are incredible, plus the length of the house makes it worth the wait, so although I am not a first time visitor, I did not find the house disjointed nor do I think it is overrated and I think the first time visitor will appreciate this one!

16. sjago13

sjago13 Premium Member

The one thing I can't place in the house is the person that pops out of the double doors at the end of the ghost hallway and screams.

17. Brian G.

18. Cole

Cole Veteran Member

I think we are all biased fans in this argument. I went with a friend who's only experience with the event was last year and he had absolutely no idea what was going on within the house. I mean fairy tales to a pirate ship to WWI trenches to santas workshop. I was really happy because I got every reference thrown at me but to him, it was a mess. This house isn't for everybody, sure the sets are fantastic and it is scary at times but probably around 10% of the people going through it will actually understand and know what all of these things are. I'm sure guests will be satisfied either way because the scary people go boo but I still think this is a problem that effects the house

SeventyOne likes this.
  19. Brian G.

Most of the group I was with had only been going since 21-22 and they all loved the house sooooooo..... ?

20. Cole

Cole Veteran Member

But then again though a good chunk of this house is recent hits 21-23. No matter what the years were though you can't deny the scenes weren't jarring setting wise, if this was someone's first HHN house ever (probably the case of many because it's right at the front) it would be a very confusing first house at that lol

SeventyOne likes this.