Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jack Presents: 25 Years of Monsters and Mayhem

I'm finding myself actually being really excited about this house. 2011 was my first year, and a few of these houses rank really high for me even after subsequent years. Getting to see some of that stuff again would be rad.

We can confirm Gothic. I've also heard (several steps removed) that Winter's Night may show up as well.

Yay, 2011.

Loved Winter's Night, but come on. We literally have a winter house next door!

Gothic has earned its place. It'd be nice to get something from the mid 2000s to 2010 era.

My only real want is Frightanic/Ship of Screams. One of my first "after hours" jobs was playing a Captain in SoS, so I'm attached to it.

He also mentioned he was wrong on several things. So some of those predictions are going to be off.
The stuff I was specifically saying I was wrong on was the specific scenes. Granted, I could still be wrong on all of it.

I've been given hard details on a few things in this house (and two others). But with that, there are still a lot of vagaries I haven't asked about. I try to limit how much I ask for.

I think it is good if not imperative that we zip lips and give A&D, Mike and crew, some secrets and let them surprise everyone. Be happy with what you might know, yet keep it to yourself.

It's just my assumption that many of the HHN fans here look forward to being surprised. Perhaps I am wrong.

I think it is good if not imperative that we zip lips and give A&D, Mike and crew, some secrets and let them surprise everyone. Be happy with what you might know, yet keep it to yourself.

It's just my assumption that many of the HHN fans here look forward to being surprised. Perhaps I am wrong.
I actually agree. It's a big reason why I've tried to not give too many details. And a couple of specifics I've heard about this house are actually really cool and clever.

I just don't want fans overhyping because, as Bartok would say, that would only end in tears.

I know too much about the House already and have asked to be kept in the dark until I'm finally there. NO SPOILERS!!

You are largely correct - I think many are just looking for reassurance that there will be content that isn't exclusively derived from HHN21 onwards. So far, with a couple exceptions, this sadly does not appear to be the case.

That said, more and more details get sought out due to a lack of pre-event content provided by Universal proper.

Happy to know the official house list and that several houses are mash-ups. Beyond that I am firmly in the want to be surprised boat. The mermaid and elevator scene in CitW would have been a total bummer if those were spoiled for me.

It'd be nice to get something from the mid 2000s to 2010 era.

is that even possible? I thought they couldn't even do that in 2010 for some reason. I don't remember why or where I read but I remember something about not being able to create older stuff

They absolutely could. They didn't archive what they built with video and pictures, but I cannot imagine that they have not kept blueprints and concepts to every house they've done. They even posted the overhead blueprint to Screamhouse online. They could have easily done the bar from Ghost Town, or the library from Vampyr, anything from Hellgate, or the kitchen from Screamhouse. They picked so many scenes from 2008 because it was fairly recent and was a fan favorite year. So, this year, 2011 is the fairly recent fan-favorite year.

They absolutely could. They didn't archive what they built with video and pictures, but I cannot imagine that they have not kept blueprints and concepts to every house they've done. They even posted the overhead blueprint to Screamhouse online. They could have easily done the bar from Ghost Town, or the library from Vampyr, anything from Hellgate, or the kitchen from Screamhouse. They picked so many scenes from 2008 because it was fairly recent and was a fan favorite year. So, this year, 2011 is the fairly recent fan-favorite year.

What about the costumes? you made me think, the sets would be easy to do but i wonder if the problem could just be the costumes and masks

What about the costumes? you made me think, the sets would be easy to do but i wonder if the problem could just be the costumes and masks
The more elaborate masks (Jurassic Park), probably not. But they still have at least one Treak masks. And I've been told they recreated from scratch several historical costumes for the streets. And besides, back then a lot of the houses were make-up heavy.

They definitely have some of the IOA costumes around still - Nightmare, The Frost Queen, Treaks & Foons, most of the full-body costumes + masks. Makeup appliques are usually tossed after the year's event so they would need to be recreated. The hybrid JP characters were mostly makeup appliques so they're gone, and the Raptor puppets/half bodies were sent to Japan.

if that's the case the it is baffling that they wont recreate earlier years. I would love to see them do that

In sure they have a ton of amazing stuff in their actual warehouse. If they just threw everything away as soon as any event was over then anniversary and sequel houses would be impossible